Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

I’m no cap expert, but Baker has a $2M cap hit. If he’s cut, they take on $7.5M of dead money plus they lose $5M of cap space. He’s on the commissioner’s list, he will be suspended, which should void some salary. He isn’t playing for the Giants again.

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Sounds like a safe time to resume conversation around Seattle having a top secondary. 

Still not in that convo, tbh. Wouldn’t put them comparable to NE, Chargers, or Ravens. Maybe in that second grouping with Steelers and Saints.

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You can't keep trusting a GM with results like this with, what should be, franchise changing draft capital.

no offense man, but this is just a silly comment. You cant foresee stupidity like this, and as far as the on the field stuff goes plenty of corners jave rough rookie years. Its one of the harder positions to transition to pro ball. 

38 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You can't keep trusting a GM with results like this with, what should be, franchise changing draft capital.

I dislike Gettleman a great deal...hard to lay this at his feet. The struggles on the field, sure...but even then it was only his rookie season and we never know what would have worked out. Not like other good corners haven't struggled their rookie year (especially late round 1st rookie corners). The armed robbery stuff is just crazy...even if a guy has less than ideal interviews and background info, I don't know that you kind of expect that, so really hard for me to blame Dave. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I dislike Gettleman a great deal...hard to lay this at his feet. The struggles on the field, sure...but even then it was only his rookie season and we never know what would have worked out. Not like other good corners haven't struggled their rookie year (especially late round 1st rookie corners). The armed robbery stuff is just crazy...even if a guy has less than ideal interviews and background info, I don't know that you kind of expect that, so really hard for me to blame Dave. 

There is always variance and some hits and misses. But, you are telling me that you are not questioning the character evaluation done by a team when your costly prospect commits armed robbery? In fact I'd argue that shluld be easier to evaluate than whether Mitch Trubisky has the field vision to beat NFL secondaries.

Drafting is an inexact science, but that absolutely doesn't mean you aren't looking back on and evaluating people based on the results.

Edited by wackywabbit

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yup. There's a ton of stuff to blame Gettleman for. Having to cut a player because of a completely unforeseen armed robbery charge isn't one.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There is always variance and some hits and misses. But, you are telling me that you are not questioning the character evaluation done by a team when your costly prospect commits armed robbery? In fact I'd argue that shluld be easier to evaluate than whether Mitch Trubisky has the field vision to beat NFL secondaries.

Drafting is an inexact science, but that absolutely doesn't mean you aren't looking back on and evaluating people based on the results.

No. The 49ers drafted Aldon Smith. That same regime also draft Navorro Bowman who was a great ambassador and community leader along with being a great on the field leader,  but had major character red flags coming out of college. BB drafted Aaron Hernandez. Character risks are always an issue, but how the hell does anyone know whether someone's iffy character is past the "this guy will one day kill someone or commit armed robbery" line? 

This is such an extreme situation. 

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If it becomes a habit, maybe. If it’s isolated to one or two incidents? Don’t see why that’d be an indictment at all. I highly doubt Baker went into the interviews like “yeah coach I like chocolate more than vanilla, long walks on the beach, oh, and running people’s ****”. 

• Like 3