Week 4 Bengals @ Browns

MrCincinnati

43 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Boo....  All those ticky tack penalties ruined my perfect weekend.  OSU and GA fan.

Until the Cleveland TD, my teams were up a combined 128-0

Finally got out to a sports bar for a Sunday and the number one take from being able to watch most of the games today was how crappy the officiating is. Ticky tack PI's and then easy PI or D holding calls not thrown. 

Some random thoughts on both teams.

• Kizor has good pocket awareness and mobility.  He probably should have been sacked 6 times or more, and somehow shook the tackle or moved just enough to cut off the angle for the defensive player
  • The Browns skill possession guys suck.  They have for years.  Amazing they've never been able to find one that sticks.
  • Did the Bengals use every backup they had on the offensive line yesterday?  Seems like we saw them all.
  • Good to see the Bengals do well in the red zone without Eifert.
  • Buffalo is not looking as easy as they before this weekend.  I sense a let down game though.
  • I don't understand why Jeremy Hill is playing so much more than Gio.
  • Good thing the Bengals didn't draft Zane Gonzalez.

My random thoughts to counter @theJ

• Kizer holds onto the ball too long.  I get his receivers suck but he needs to speed up the clock in his head.  It will come with time, so not knocking him too much for that.  #1 issue for all Rookie QBs is how quickly they can process what's going on and get the ball out quickly.  By issue I mean thing that almost all of them eventually improve on.
  • Brown skill possession players outside of Duke Johnson are pretty bad.  Njoku in time should be Ok.  Thankfully for the Browns that's probably the easiest position to improve.
  • All besides Westerman who was inactive.  Here is what I would do once Trey Hopkins is back:
    • LT: Cedric Ogbeuhi
    • LG: Clint Boling
    • C: Anyone but Bodine
    • RG: Trey Hopkins
    • RT: Andre Smith (Jake Fisher has been terrible)
  • Lazor has been fantastic.  I don't know how long he can keep up the great playcalling but he's been light years better than Zampese.  Now if we can only get rid of Paul Alexander.
  • Buffalo can get pressure on the QB.  So we're screwed.
  • You do or don't understand?  We need to ship off Hill and Boyd in a trade.  I'll take a Center in return ^_^
  • I'm missing Jake Elliott...

BTW, anyone else notice Carl Lawson constantly drawing double teams/chips?  He's getting noticed...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:
  • I'm missing Jake Elliott...

Bullock has been fine.  I'll only say that if Jake Elliott is still kicking for the Eagles 10 years from now at a HOF pace.  So far Elliott has only been ok.  One big kick, and a few misses.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Bullock has been fine.  I'll only say that if Jake Elliott is still kicking for the Eagles 10 years from now at a HOF pace.  So far Elliott has only been ok.  One big kick, and a few misses.

It's not the big kick that I'm impressed by.  It's the ones he made yesterday against the Chargers: 40, 45, 47, and 53 yard FGs

4 FGs that were all 40+.  Our kickers almost always miss at least one of those...

Archived