Quinton Dunbar has warrant out for arrest

MikeT14

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He lost $70k earlier and witnesses said this one looked like a planned robbery because of how they went about it and the three getaways cars were lined up nicely for an escape.

70k...

That's probably like one (or two) game checks for these guys (or maybe even 1/2  check - I haven't seen their contracts). 

And you go and blow it all up and risk going to jail?

I mean, I don't make scratch...and I don't make millions. But per year, I'm over half of what a 7th rounder makes. And even then, I STILL wouldn't resort to robbery if I lost 70k. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face!

After this season, Dunbar would have $12 million in NFL salary, poised to make a small mint with his next contract if he stayed healthy.  Baker has a first-round contract and the millions that come from them before you factor in the fifth year option. 

This is stupid from both players, and you wouldn't have told me as a Georgia or Redskins fan to expect that from either.  

From a football perspective, Logan Ryan is a winner here.  He can pit the Seahawks against the Giants for his services- as well as any other interested parties.  

• Like 2

Have to assume the court system will eventually take it out of the teams‘/NFL’s hands. In Maryland, even as first time offenders, quick back of the napkin calculation indicates they’d be looking at sentencing guidelines of 3-8 years if they just pled to one of the counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Not offering that as fodder for a sociological/criminal justice discussion or debate, just trying to give some context on how much trouble these guys are in.

I’m sure the NFL will do its usual diligence, but if any of this is borne out by the facts on the ground, I can’t imagine that Dunbar at least won’t be released shortly. Maybe the Giants try to stick it out and weather the storm with Baker since they’ve invested so much more?

Glad there hasn’t been (THAT) much crowing about knowing it was a great idea to trade him for whatever. In poker, for example, one of the things you should really never do is draw to an inside straight — sometimes it works out, but generally it’s a bad value play. Unless the Redskins knew that Dunbar was a felonious, gun-toting fool, I still think the trade was a bad value play. But I’m obviously damn glad now that they got “lucky” and ended up getting the best result possible out of this. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Have to assume the court system will eventually take it out of the teams‘/NFL’s hands. In Maryland, even as first time offenders, quick back of the napkin calculation indicates they’d be looking at sentencing guidelines of 3-8 years if they just pled to one of the counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Not offering that as fodder for a sociological/criminal justice discussion or debate, just trying to give some context on how much trouble these guys are in.

Guys, this is how Harry Potter started.

Don't forget about us when you're rich.

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m sure the NFL will do its usual diligence, but if any of this is borne out by the facts on the ground, I can’t imagine that Dunbar at least won’t be released shortly. Maybe the Giants try to stick it out and weather the storm with Baker since they’ve invested so much more?

Glad there hasn’t been (THAT) much crowing about knowing it was a great idea to trade him for whatever. In poker, for example, one of the things you should really never do is draw to an inside straight — sometimes it works out, but generally it’s a bad value play. Unless the Redskins knew that Dunbar was a felonious, gun-toting fool, I still think the trade was a bad value play. But I’m obviously damn glad now that they got “lucky” and ended up getting the best result possible out of this. 

Yeah, and if we had continued to hold, we would have gotten nothing in return for him.  We took the best offer on the table.  

At this point, I am glad that it seemed Rivera had an end-game with both Dunbar and Williams, and wanted guys to show up who wanted to play for the Redskins, not play for their next contract.  

At the very least, this is certainly not a headline we want to be involved in, and dodged it in a big way.  It would have been another "winning off the field" moment for us.  

• Like 3