LA Stadium seeking more money

soflbillsfan

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I am wondering the same thing...

Perhaps we should agree to disagree.

So I am supposed to believe that your knowledge is so specific you don't have the first clue on construction costs for baseball but you know for a fact that football stadium in LA is 6x as expensive? Especially when each football stadium is using several of the same companies to do the build? I give you more credit than that so I think we both know you were trolling there...

At first it was the land costs are so high which is why the stadium is so costly. That was disproved. Instead of conceding at that point that you were wrong you changed your tune. Now the argument is the same companies that do both builds are billing 4x higher just because...why? There may be more costs that the companies incur that will get passed on but obviously it isn't 4x higher for labor/materials/etc. 

13 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not sure were you got $650M from, the moment it was announced they were saying $2B.  

Google can be your friend. I'm not sure who "they" are. Probably the same people that think the median home price of an area is a good gauge for commercial real estate construction lol

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/usa/cowboys_stadium

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/wiki/AT%26T_Stadium#cite_note-football.ballparks.com-12

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Voters-decide-proposal-for-650-million-Cowboys-8874419.php

http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/mpls/messages/topic/rDwevggkAJrXyC8APXfuk

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

So I am supposed to believe that your knowledge is so specific you don't have the first clue on construction costs for baseball but you know for a fact that football stadium in LA is 6x as expensive? Especially when each football stadium is using several of the same companies to do the build? I give you more credit than that so I think we both know you were trolling there...

At first it was the land costs are so high which is why the stadium is so costly. That was disproved. Instead of conceding at that point that you were wrong you changed your tune. Now the argument is the same companies that do both builds are billing 4x higher just because...why? There may be more costs that the companies incur that will get passed on but obviously it isn't 4x higher for labor/materials/etc. 

Google can be your friend. I'm not sure who "they" are. Probably the same people that think the median home price of an area is a good gauge for commercial real estate construction lol

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/usa/cowboys_stadium

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/wiki/AT%26T_Stadium#cite_note-football.ballparks.com-12

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Voters-decide-proposal-for-650-million-Cowboys-8874419.php

http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/mpls/messages/topic/rDwevggkAJrXyC8APXfuk

Apparently Google isnt your friend since your sources all contradict each other the first says that it doubled by 2010 (the stadium opened in 2010), another says $750K (LOL)  the final says Jones was paying $650M which was 2/3 of the expected cost.  I mean, I'm just an old guy, but I remember being around here in 2007 and 2008 and us talking about the $2B Jerry World project.  If somebody was interested enough, I'm sure the old thread could be found, but truthfully I dont care that much.  I've noticed you've yet to contradict the proof of things costing (3+)x as much in LA as Arlington. What's really funny is that I wont claim AT&T is the best stadium either.  From my sources (although I've never been) I've heard that NRG is probably the best.  Even though it was built in 2002, renovated in 2012 ( @ET80 feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).  Theres not a bad seat in the bldg, the roof is perfect bc it offers protection in the sweltering climate, food is good, Location is good with lots of parking available.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

Can someone talk me through what a PSL is? I'm from the UK and it's a completely new concept to me. I thought it was a season ticket, but I believe they run separate, so what's the benefit?  

So most stadiums now require you to buy a PSL (personal seat license) for the privilege of buying season tickets.  So yes it is separate.  PSLs are typically thousands of dollars by themselves, then your season tickets are charged to you at face value by the number of games played.  

24 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So most stadiums now require you to buy a PSL (personal seat license) for the privilege of buying season tickets.  So yes it is separate.  PSLs are typically thousands of dollars by themselves, then your season tickets are charged to you at face value by the number of games played.  

So you need a PSL to buy a season ticket? Why don't they just combine the price and sell it as a 'season ticket'?  I can't imagine there is a huge market fronting up 1000s for a PSL and then buying a couple of tickets. I don't know. It seems necessary to me. 

10 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

So you need a PSL to buy a season ticket? Why don't they just combine the price and sell it as a 'season ticket'?  I can't imagine there is a huge market fronting up 1000s for a PSL and then buying a couple of tickets. I don't know. It seems necessary to me. 

A PSL lasts longer than a single season. PSLs can last like 30 years. So the PSL doesn't let you buy one year of season tickets, it gives you the right to buy the season tickets for that seat for, potentially, decades. So if you buy a PSL for a seat at the 50 yard line, you know you have the right to that seat for every home game for years, as long as you have the money to also buy the season tickets each year. It avoids you having to go in a queue or having to buy single game tickets, or potentially not being able to get tickets at all if demand is high, or maybe not getting the seat you want, or a high stakes game being sold out, or etc. You're buying the right to be at the front of the line for that specific seat.

It's absolutely not consumer friendly, though. About half the teams have them, and the teams that are currently building stadiums (LVR, LAR, and LAC) all will. And it absolutely is a way to get an extra bit of money from the people that are able to throw a crap ton of money at NFL tickets. And it pressures those people to keep buying season tickets at the risk of losing their PSL and their right to buy season tickets.

On 18/05/2020 at 8:33 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Correction: We have 50,000 seat stadiums less than 30 years old.

Look at the biggest stadiums in the non European countries.

OK...

At least 5 Indian stadiums have over 50K, and they could probably sell them out 100times over when their cricket team play

Australia: MCG, Allianz stadium, Optus in Perth, Adelaide Oval, Suncorp Stadium, SCG

Argentina has about 5 or 6 over 50K

Brazil has 10 stadiums over 50K 

Even Canada has 4

Not even going to mention China. They probably had more stadiums over 50K capacity than there are people in some countries

Japan's got loads....

What is the point, anyway?

14 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

OK...

At least 5 Indian stadiums have over 50K, and they could probably sell them out 100times over when their cricket team play

Australia: MCG, Allianz stadium, Optus in Perth, Adelaide Oval, Suncorp Stadium, SCG

Argentina has about 5 or 6 over 50K

Brazil has 10 stadiums over 50K 

Even Canada has 4

Not even going to mention China. They probably had more stadiums over 50K capacity than there are people in some countries

Japan's got loads....

What is the point, anyway?

India:

All but one of their 50k seat cricket stadiums were built before 1985. They have remodeled some of them, but they're still a long way away from modern arenas that the Olympics want.

Australia:

Has 3 over 60k. Two "New" stadiums, and I believe one was built for the Sydney games.

Argentina:

Has 5 over 50k. One was built after 1960.

I can keep going but you get the idea. These stadiums may have the capacity but they're not really what the Olympics or the world cup is looking for when they play these games. 

Places like Lambeau or Soldier Field are fine secondary locations for these events, but the organization want a crown jewel. In the Midwest, you would use TCF back probably.

The US can provide that in just about each of their regions. When you look at the infrastructure between NBA, NFL, MLB, and even NHL stadiums, the respect availability isn't even close.

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's absolutely not consumer friendly, though. About half the teams have them, and the teams that are currently building stadiums (LVR, LAR, and LAC) all will. And it absolutely is a way to get an extra bit of money from the people that are able to throw a crap ton of money at NFL tickets. And it pressures those people to keep buying season tickets at the risk of losing their PSL and their right to buy season tickets.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d61cf2629f6e9a2579

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d61cf2629f6e9a2579

Why do you keep bringing up that Rinky dinky as stadium? You know Vegas is cheaper to live in than La right? When people wanted to buy houses they went to Vegas. Idk why this is some wissing competition when None of you didn’t pay a $$$ or ET didn’t pay a $$$. Idk why fans are talking smack. 

I bought psl and season tickets. And I could tell you. That I’ll make more money in SOFi stadium reselling then than a raiders fan in Vegas and that’s fact baby daddy. So tell me why fans are saying! Wow das too much mang! My Honda only takes 15$ to fill up.? Like they pitched in. Or know how logistics freaking work. Broke arse mark Davis doesn’t even own the team. Dude couldn’t even pay Mack.. 

On 22/05/2020 at 1:34 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can keep going but you get the idea. These stadiums may have the capacity but they're not really what the Olympics or the world cup is looking for when they play these games. 

They're fine for Olympic/Word Cup rotation because they only have these events in a particularly country very infrequently. US may have 20 stadiums (or whatever) capable, but the country will still only get the olympics once every 20 years max, or so. I'm 100% that US is the best equipped for the olympics and world cups, but the IOC don't hold the games in the same country very frequenty

On 5/21/2020 at 11:33 PM, DerbyRam said:

In the UK various teams attempted this (such as my team West Ham, which they called a Bond Scheme) and they were mostly unsuccessful as fans kicked up a fuss.