Week 4 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) @ New York Jets (1-2)

.Buzz

Week 4: Jaguars @ Jets

jets_jaguars_w.jpg?sfvrsn=2

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Big game for us this Sunday. With a win, we would start the first quarter of the season at 3-1. It's already been a decade since the last time we were 2-1 (where we sit now), let's keep building that up. 

After the first three weeks of the season, we have blown two teams out of the water and got wrecked by a divisional foe in the Titans. At this point, it's relatively tough to see what this team exactly is. Is the team that totally dominated this past week in London against the Ravens and put it to the Texans in the opening game the team that we will see most weeks (not dominating performances like that, but games where we are generally a very efficient offense and very good to great defense)? Is this team going to be the same 'ole Jaguars that we saw in week 2 against Tennessee where we got thoroughly routed and gave us fans flashbacks to the past decade of rough times?

It will be interesting to see what team shows up this Sunday. If the offense can be mistake free for the most part and our OL can continue to get some push while limiting all the penalties we've had in the early goings this season than I think our defense should be able to continue to feast. Hopefully this week isn't some huge letdown like after our big Week One victory in Houston. I expect Marrone and the team to learn from that experience and don't get too high after a game again.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

hope they come in with that mindset of our record is 0-0. our opponents record is 0-0.

I get what you are saying, but I think there should be a focus on beating an opponent that we should beat and stringing together wins as both are concepts that have been more foreign than London to this team.

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I get what you are saying, but I think there should be a focus on beating an opponent that we should beat and stringing together wins as both are concepts that have been more foreign than London to this team.

I'm with you here. After week 2 you just have to hope this team realized that they have to show up the same way they did this past week and the opener. Can't overlook any opponent or get too high or too low after any one game. Was big to see them come out after a blowout by the Titans and do what they did to the Ravens. Now let's see them show some consistency.

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I can't name any of their O-Lineman besides Beachum. Their WR's stink. Their running game stinks. Josh McCown isn't good. The defense should feast.

Yet the Dolphins got whipped 20-0. 

Idk, the NFL is too weird for me to go into a week and chalk something up, especially us.

47 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I can't name any of their O-Lineman besides Beachum. Their WR's stink. Their running game stinks. Josh McCown isn't good. The defense should feast.

i can.  they have Wesley Johnson at center and Brian Winters at RG. i know that  a Former Colts 2nd rounder Ben Ijalana is backup for them. wanna say James Carpenter in on their team as well. 

47 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Dolphins aren't very good. 

Didnt say we would win, just saying the defense should continue to do their thing.

No, they aren't, but the Jets roster is like reallllllly bad. Yet they beat a team that has some talent along that roster in Miami in a big way. Think the Ravens thought that they'd continue the turnovers last week against us considering Blake's history and he may have had his best game of his career.

I do feel good about this game, as we all should, but this team has to show it can do it in back to back games yet.

Said before and say it again. We should win but on the road vs a team coming off a divisional win might not be so easy. I do think they have talent on the offensive side. McCown isnt exactly a mobile QB like Mariota so we should be able to get pressure. They traded Richardson but still have Williams and someone else whose name escapes me on the DL

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Said before and say it again. We should win but on the road vs a team coming off a divisional win might not be so easy. I do think they have talent on the offensive side. McCown isnt exactly a mobile QB like Mariota so we should be able to get pressure. They traded Richardson but still have Williams and someone else whose name escapes me on the DL

mo-wilk whos playing thru an injury if i recall.

i do think our Pass defense beats their Pass offense on paper.  

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If anything I think this helps. I don't think many people expected the Jets to win more than a couple games. Most people would be quite surprised to see them start the year 2-2.

Archived