Week 4 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) @ New York Jets (1-2)

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Jags said:

I wonder who had the bright idea to get Benn more PT. Seems to not have assisted with scoring Redzone TDs, but he surely has prevented one. 

Probably has to do with the fact hes our best blocker at wr.  Wouldn't be out there if the arob injury doesn't happen.  Blame strong for getting injured as well. 

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Probably has to do with the fact hes our best blocker at wr.  Wouldn't be out there if the arob injury doesn't happen.  Blame strong for getting injured as well. 

Just keep Benn off the field. If he is only coming in for blocking, then it makes it obvious what the teams about to do. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

u wanna watch Lee in the redzone just so he can be a bad Blocker and drop a pass. u wanna watch Cole not block well and drop the pass. 

I'll take that over watching Benn get a holding call/literally just be there to block and still fail. So yes.

Lee was solid last year. I'll take the chance he breaks out of this funk over watching Arrelious Benn out there. Also, Cole's sample size is extremely small. He is a UDFA out of a small school and is making a massive jump in competition. I'm going to give him a break. He showed major flashes early in the preseason to give me hope for him being competent once he gets his feet under him. 

Benn has been on multiple teams/played in front of tons of coaches and yet he's a #5/#6 WR on a team that is hurting for someone to step up and he still has yet to do anything. He's a ST'er and depth, nothing more. There's a chance the young guys ahead of him are. So yes, give me those two over Benn.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'll take that over watching Benn get a holding call/literally just be there to block and still fail. So yes.

Lee was solid last year. I'll take the chance he breaks out of this funk over watching Arrelious Benn out there. Also, Cole's sample size is extremely small. He is a UDFA out of a small school and is making a massive jump in competition. I'm going to give him a break. He showed major flashes early in the preseason to give me hope for him being competent once he gets his feet under him. 

Benn has been on multiple teams/played in front of tons of coaches and yet he's a #5/#6 WR on a team that is hurting for someone to step up and he still has yet to do anything. He's a ST'er and depth, nothing more. There's a chance the young guys ahead of him are. So yes, give me those two over Benn.

Lee was the target of Multiple Interceptions last year and just for good Measure he apparently cant catch a rare spiral from a qb.  cole sure but i think the team wanted to go big so there would be a bit better blocking for fournette. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Lee was the target of Multiple Interceptions last year and just for good Measure he apparently cant catch a rare spiral from a qb.  cole sure but i think the team wanted to go big so there would be a bit better blocking for fournette. 

Still made a ton of plays and showed the qualities of being a playmaker. Those interceptions were generally because Blake (like a couple weeks ago) threw behind him and it got tipped. That's not on Lee, that's on Blake. He shouldn't be throwing way behind/inaccurately to a WR on a short cross route.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still made a ton of plays and showed the qualities of being a playmaker. Those interceptions were generally because Blake (like a couple weeks ago) threw behind him and it got tipped. That's not on Lee, that's on Blake. He shouldn't be throwing way behind/inaccurately to a WR on a short cross route.

It's on Blake.  But it's also on the team.  If you're gonna have a mediocre or straight up garbo inaccurate QB...you have to surround them with surehanded, big catch radius "easy mode" receivers if you want it to be anything other than a disaster overall.

Lee has always been a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, when healthy, and focused...but it's a lot of qualifiers to the statement.  And getting the ball into his hands without disasters has always been a problem.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's on Blake.  But it's also on the team.  If you're gonna have a mediocre or straight up garbo inaccurate QB...you have to surround them with surehanded, big catch radius "easy mode" receivers if you want it to be anything other than a disaster overall.

Lee has always been a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, when healthy, and focused...but it's a lot of qualifiers to the statement.  And getting the ball into his hands without disasters has always been a problem.

Yeah, but to be fair most didn't think Lee would struggle THIS badly with his hands. I mean sure, they were never perfect, but most saw him as arguably the best WR talent in that draft but had injury questions that made him drop.

I agree that it's on the team, but I don't know that anyone thought Blake would be THIS bad or struggle THIS much. I mean we drafted him top 5, you expect him to lead the franchise/be a damn good QB if you're taking him there. Lee had dynamic player qualities and nabbed that big body at WR later that round in A-Rob. Looked like they had the right idea at the time. Looking at it now, obviously a bigger bodied WR to pair with ARob looks better for Bortles now. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but to be fair most didn't think Lee would struggle THIS badly with his hands. I mean sure, they were never perfect, but most saw him as arguably the best WR talent in that draft but had injury questions that made him drop.

I agree that it's on the team, but I don't know that anyone thought Blake would be THIS bad or struggle THIS much. I mean we drafted him top 5, you expect him to lead the franchise/be a damn good QB if you're taking him there. Lee had dynamic player qualities and nabbed that big body at WR later that round in A-Rob. Looked like they had the right idea at the time. Looking at it now, obviously a bigger bodied WR to pair with ARob looks better for Bortles now. 

Uh...most talented in that draft?  Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, OBJ say hello.  Not to mention a bunch of others.  Caldwell and Co. clearly like Lee a lot, but the evidence was there in college.  I think it was more than just injury questions that made him drop.  It was a loaded class and Lee had always had some catching issues, despite being a college star the year before.  Granted, i was always probably lower than the consensus on Lee.  But the consensus on him slipped pretty hard as well, for good reasons that are still bearing themselves out.

Though i was also lower on ARob, which has turned out to be way wrong.  He's become a lot more explosive/dynamic than i ever thought he looked in college - to go along with the big body contested catch beastliness.  Happy to be wrong on that one.

Fair enough on Bortles though, i guess.  In terms of team-planning.  They obviously didn't expect him to be this bad.  But he was never a pinpoint precision QB in college either.  That was never his strong suit.  Not sure why they'd imagine he was going to morph into one.  That guy was Bridgewater...for better or worse.

26 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Uh...most talented in that draft?  Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, OBJ say hello.  Not to mention a bunch of others.  Caldwell and Co. clearly like Lee a lot, but the evidence was there in college.  I think it was more than just injury questions that made him drop.  It was a loaded class and Lee had always had some catching issues, despite being a college star the year before.  Granted, i was always probably lower than the consensus on Lee.  But the consensus on him slipped pretty hard as well, for good reasons that are still bearing themselves out.

Though i was also lower on ARob, which has turned out to be way wrong.  He's become a lot more explosive/dynamic than i ever thought he looked in college - to go along with the big body contested catch beastliness.  Happy to be wrong on that one.

Fair enough on Bortles though, i guess.  In terms of team-planning.  They obviously didn't expect him to be this bad.  But he was never a pinpoint precision QB in college either.  That was never his strong suit.  Not sure why they'd imagine he was going to morph into one.  That guy was Bridgewater...for better or worse.

Yeah, Lee was most definitely in that conversation with them until the injury concerns started to scare teams. He was really highly regarded by most. Not saying I agree with it, but I remember it.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, Lee was most definitely in that conversation with them until the injury concerns started to scare teams. He was really highly regarded by most. Not saying I agree with it, but I remember it.

He had that big year before and all the USC hype train running behind him at that point for sure.  But that's why they play the games.  That's why you don't build a draft list a year before the draft.  :|

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He had that big year before and all the USC hype train running behind him at that point for sure.  But that's why they play the games.  That's why you don't build a draft list a year before the draft.  :|

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345921/article/mock-draft-60-fourround-2014-nfl-draft-projection?akmobile=android&akcarrier=other

Wasnt the year before, when he dropped to round 2 most thought Jags got a massive steal as long as Lee stayed healthy.

Archived