Emmitt Smith says a Dallas Cowboys version of “The Last Dance” is possible

sportjames23

So it'll basically focus only on Smith and not give any credit to anyone else?

How exciting.

The last dance was pretty bad in the sense that it made Jordan seem like a God who had no help whatsoever and that is was he against the world. It was comical how little humility there was in the documentary. 

Edited by ILoveTheVikings

On 5/15/2020 at 10:16 PM, checkcola said:

It would not be as big a deal as MJ's.  Because MJ is a singular iconic player. Plenty of stars on those Cowboy teams, sure, but not like MJ.  The only one that comes close is Tiger in golf. 

The closet to Jordan that I saw was Joe Montana in terms of mainstream popularity my mom isn't  a sports fan but she knew who Joe Montana was...I mean yea he lived (hometown) about 24 minutes away but I knew elderly people who knew who he was 

On 5/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, CP3MVP said:

The Patriots should get one before the cowboys. 

Strong disagree. The 90's Cowboys were out of control. There have been multiple books written on them. You had dudes going to jail, dudes dying, dudes stabbing each other. You had a pin point passer who scared the hell out of all those guys. Aikman suffered like 10 concussions and never left the game. 

The drama from that team was straight out of a Stephen King novel. And Jerry did his best to hide it. 

I remember them training here in Austin. Irvin would show up blitzed out of his mind. He would then run until he would vomit. It was crazy.  

4 hours ago, warrenblue said:

They weren't remotely close to the level of dominance of that Bulls team.

They don't deserve jack

They were the team of the 90s in the NFL and were thisclose to winning 4 straight Super Bowls and were just as popular as those Bulls teams. They do deserve jack.

Edited by bootsy

I’d rather just let the Last Dance be it’s own thing. It’s great. They’re not going to top it. And the 90s Cowboys have been done to death.

And something about the Patriots needs to happen later after all the key people have retired and secrets have had time to come out.

One thing that helped The Last Dance is that Jordan has been pretty quiet since retiring. I barely ever see him do interviews. So it’s really awesome to see him sit down and do this. Don’t really see Pippen and Phil that much either. Dennis has been in the public eye a lot but not so much basketball related.

25 years later and the 90s Cowboys still won’t stfu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bootsy said:

They were the team of the 90s in the NFL and were thisclose to winning 4 straight Super Bowls and were just as popular as those Bulls teams. They do deserve jack.

Actually even at the height of the Bulls dominance the Cowboys were polled as being the most popular team in sports. I can't remember who it was that polled I think it might have been USA Today or the Times, but I do remember it was back during the 96 season. 

• Like 1

Dallas is also less interesting because they ended of natural causes. Other than Jimmy and Jerry’s thing it wasn’t because of anyone’s ego. Jimmy left. They won a Super Bowl without him. Then they all got old. 

So they had some criminals on the team and if you set up a camera right now in your living room one of them will probably show up and start talking in front of it. They’re not 10 episodes of interesting.

43 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Dallas is also less interesting because they ended of natural causes. Other than Jimmy and Jerry’s thing it wasn’t because of anyone’s ego. Jimmy left. They won a Super Bowl without him. Then they all got old. 

So they had some criminals on the team and if you set up a camera right now in your living room one of them will probably show up and start talking in front of it. They’re not 10 episodes of interesting.

Bro have you read anything about that team?

It was all about ego, and it was all about Jerry. That's the fiasco that destroyed the team entirely.

The fact that a amateur team manager like Barry Switzer could actually win a SB with them is a testament to how well Jimmy built that team and he and Jerry destroyed it within a year's time after the salary cap was instated. 

• Like 1

If a team can turn up mashed off their brains and still dominate, must have been a pretty bad era for the NFL in terms of competition. Aikman must have been seeing stars, but I guess it didn't matter too much at the time.

Edited by Hunter2_1

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If a team can turn up mashed off their brains and still dominate, must have been a pretty bad era for the NFL in terms of competition. Aikman must have been seeing stars, but I guess it didn't matter too much at the time.

Considering the division the Pats played in for the past 20 years I wouldn't be throwing stones. They've had an easy road to the AFC championship most years. 

• Like 1