Emmitt Smith says a Dallas Cowboys version of “The Last Dance” is possible

sportjames23

The 1990's Cowboys in my opinion didn't dominate the league like the Bulls did in the NBA for pretty much the entire decade. Dallas was a quality team from 1991-1996 with three championships in that span. If they had done something like win three straight (gross), or whatever then maybe it's grounds for a documentary like that. Still, it wasn't the Cowboys, and then everyone else in the NFC other than arguably two years in 1992 and 1993. They don't even have the most wins in the 90's. That crown belongs to another team :)

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

The 1990's Cowboys in my opinion didn't dominate the league like the Bulls did in the NBA for pretty much the entire decade. Dallas was a quality team from 1991-1996 with three championships in that span. If they had done something like win three straight (gross), or whatever then maybe it's grounds for a documentary like that. Still, it wasn't the Cowboys, and then everyone else in the NFC other than arguably two years in 1992 and 1993. They don't even have the most wins in the 90's. That crown belongs to another team :)

They didn't dominate the decade because of Jerry. But they would still be the better story. 

This sums up the 90s Cowboys perfectly.

AnchoredCourteousBluetickcoonhound-size_

49ers after losing Deion, Haley and then to the Packers.

giphy.gif

Just let me know if yall need me to fill in the blanks for the gif above. 

😁

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

They didn't dominate the decade because of Jerry. But they would still be the better story. 

This sums up the 90s Cowboys perfectly.

AnchoredCourteousBluetickcoonhound-size_

49ers after losing Deion, Haley and then to the Packers.

giphy.gif

Just let me know if yall need me to fill in the blanks for the gif above. 

😁

If that dude is the 49ers, Dallas is the stairs that dude is walking on. Since they weren't an obstacle for the 49ers after 1993. BTW, Dallas didn't burn out. They faded at the end of the 90's, and by 2000 they were a doormat. Burning out would describe the 49ers in 1999. They were a top 5 team every year up until then, and fell off a cliff immediately. 

Edited by PapaShogun

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hunh? I think it's better to just win games than to lose them. 

BTW, Dallas is the stairs that dude is walking over right? Dallas wasn't an obstacle for the 49ers after 1993. 

lmao they almost lost to them in 94 and that with that dream team with Deion. Who also ended the game with one of the most infamous non called PIs in the 4th quarter. 

The cowboys likely would have won that game had the momentum not been killed on that drive. Even with some questionable coaching decisions the 49ers were on their back heels being largely outplayed outside of the first quarter. 

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

lmao they almost lost to them in 94 and that with that dream team with Deion. Who also ended the game with one of the most infamous non called PIs in the 4th quarter. 

The cowboys likely would have won that game had the momentum not been killed on that drive. Even with some questionable coaching decisions the 49ers were on their back heels being largely outplayed outside of the first quarter. 

But they didn't lose. And they beat them twice that year. And the year after that on the road without Deion on the team or Young playing due to injury. 8-1 Dallas got spanked in their own house 38-20. 49ers were 4-1 after 1993 against Dallas the rest of the decade. 

Edited by PapaShogun

57 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

But they didn't lose. And they beat them twice that year. And the year after that on the road without Deion on the team or Young playing due to injury. 8-1 Dallas got spanked in their own house 38-20. 49ers were 4-1 after 1993 against Dallas the rest of the decade. 

Oh next season? Remind me while you're down that memory trail who went where in the playoffs? You know since they were so impressive. Plus they didn't have a self sabotaging owner who was obsessed with fame and glory nor a first year NFL coach to outmenuver. Yea those guys were super impressive. 

You are right you caught the Cowboys on the tail end of their dynasty. Yet 1 SB is all you guys have to show for it while we still managed another SB despite the self inflicted gunshot wound. 

Its a pretty good bet that the 49ers would not have come close to beating a Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys team if they had that much trouble with a Jerry/Switzer run Cowboys team.

21 hours ago, FinSting said:

What other team besides the '98 Bulls had a camera crew following them around everywhere with very unusual behind-the-curtain access? That's kind of important. 

Exactly. There might be some video of the early Dallas Dynasty but no way was Jimmy giving the access Phil did of the 98' Bulls. Now Jerry's media whore personality might have wanted to had he thought of it back then as a money maker but no way it acctually occured to this extent. 

Guarantee Jerry has someone rummaging through all video from back then in Hope's of piecing one together. That's for sure.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh next season? Remind me while you're down that memory trail who went where in the playoffs? You know since they were so impressive. Plus they didn't have a self sabotaging owner who was obsessed with fame and glory nor a first year NFL coach to outmenuver. Yea those guys were super impressive. 

You are right you caught the Cowboys on the tail end of their dynasty. Yet 1 SB is all you guys have to show for it while we still managed another SB despite the self inflicted gunshot wound. 

Its a pretty good bet that the 49ers would not have come close to beating a Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys team if they had that much trouble with a Jerry/Switzer run Cowboys team.

I mean aren't we talking about the entire decade? Yes Eddie D got in hot water. Relevance? That had nothing to do with the results on the field for the 49ers. Did I bring up the fact that Jerry nuked his team out of ego? No, because I was just looking at end-results. 

49ers caught Dallas during their dynasty, seeing as how they stopped the 3 peat. If Jimmy Johnson is there, is that enough to get past the improved 1994 squad? Maybe. Maybe Aikman gets a season ending injury because of a play Jimmy wants in the playbook in week 3 during that season that leads to a disaster via butterfly effect. It's a mystery. They won a Super Bowl without Jimmy, that much we know. :) BTW, the 49ers did beat a Jimmy Johnson-run Cowboys team in 1990. 

Anyway, to Emmit wanting "The Last Dance" for the 90's Cowboys, I say thee nay. They weren't on the level of the Bulls dominance in the NBA. 

Edited by PapaShogun