How badly has Pittsburgh's reputation been damaged in recent years?

RamblinMan99

44 minutes ago, August4th said:

as a kid, I used to think everyone loved the steelers until I got on the internet :(

I always found it weird that, in the Washington DC area, I had a lot of Cowboys fans and Steelers fans around me. Came to learn a lot of it was that a lot of families left the Pittsburgh area and moved my way. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I always found it weird that, in the Washington DC area, I had a lot of Cowboys fans and Steelers fans around me. Came to learn a lot of it was that a lot of families left the Pittsburgh area and moved my way. 

that "steeler fans always travel" thing is a myth. its that steelers fans already live in the area due to jumping the bandwagon in the 70s or from mass number of families that left when the steel industry faded locally lol only time I see steeler fans traveling is when they can drive to games in cle, bal, cin etc..

On the contrary, the Steelers should have enhanced their reputation. They managed the early AB years very well, cashed in as best they could with the Killer B trifecta (if it weren't for those damned Patriots....), they haven't had a losing record since 2003 and still didn't get one last season with the backup QB carosel. They remain a team hard to beat with a typically stout defense and are strong in both trenches. Reputation is fine.

Less said about your reputation the better, though....:o

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2