List your order of general managers from best to worst.

JAF-N72EX

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

My Criteria

-Address the QB position

-Consistent playoff appearances

-Drafting above average, not flawless, but better than average.

Tier 1: GMs that have hit all 3 in my opinion.

Bill Belichek

Howie Roseman

Jon Schneider

Micky Loomis

Kevin Colbert

Eric DeCosta

Brett Veach

Tier 2: GMs that have hit on 2/3 in my opinion

John Elway

-Consistent winning [2 Super Bowls] and drafts well, QB work has been not great.

Jon Robinson

-Multiple playoff runs with wins, good drafts, saved the Mariota mess, but I do not count that as a long term solution.

Kris Speilman

-No long term QB.

Jerry Jones

-No consistent winning, but stole a QB and drafts well.

Thomas Dimitroff

-QB, consistently competitive, drafting has fallen off a bit

Brandon Beane

-Consistently competitive, good drafts, jury is way out on the QB.

John Lynch

-Solid QB, appears on the verge of consistent winning and outside of 2017 has drafted really well.

This is where I think Pace steps into the conversation, but I would put these guys over him still.

Chris Ballard

Tom Telesco

Ryan Pace

Duke Tobin

15th-17th

Not all of these GMs fit your (ridiculous) criteria in the order you placed them in. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

My Criteria

-Address the QB position

-Consistent playoff appearances

-Drafting above average, not flawless, but better than average.

Tier 1: GMs that have hit all 3 in my opinion.

Bill Belichek

Howie Roseman

Jon Schneider

Micky Loomis

Kevin Colbert - QB was in place

Eric DeCosta - QB was in place, and jury is still out after 2 REALLY bad playoff performances in a row

Brett Veach - QB was in place

Tier 2: GMs that have hit on 2/3 in my opinion

John Elway

-Consistent winning [2 Super Bowls] and drafts well, QB work has been not great.  Denver fans would like a word about the drafting well comment

Jon Robinson. 

-Multiple playoff runs with wins, good drafts, saved the Mariota mess, but I do not count that as a long term solution.

Kris Speilman

-No long term QB.

Jerry Jones

-No consistent winning, but stole a QB and drafts well.

Thomas Dimitroff - QB was in place

-QB, consistently competitive, drafting has fallen off a bit

Brandon Beane - how can you call this dude consistently competitive and not Pace?  They have been to 1 playoff game under him, and lost.  They havent won a division in over a decade.

-Consistently competitive, good drafts, jury is way out on the QB.

John Lynch

-Solid QB, appears on the verge of consistent winning and outside of 2017 has drafted really well.  That solid QB is being talked about as replacement level since his playoff performances last year and Lymch ABSOLUTELY has not drafted well.  Hes been really bad actually with pretty much every pick but Nick Bosa and George Kittle busting.  He didnt draft 3 of those first round DLs last year.

This is where I think Pace steps into the conversation, but I would put these guys over him still.

Chris Ballard

Tom Telesco

Ryan Pace

Duke Tobin

15th-17th

@Superman(DH23) Roethlisberger was already there for Colbert but he was in their FO when the Steelers drafted him.

Ryan was not in place for Dimitroff; he was his first pick.

You can say DeCosta already had LJ but he was still heavily involved in that pick.

Veach became GM of the Chiefs the year Mahomes was drafted despite it happening post-draft, so he wasn't in place either since Veach was, like DeCosta and Colbert, in the FO when he was picked.

Since Lynch was hired he has missed on guys but besides Kittle and Bosa he has also found other great talent- McGlinchey, Warner, Samuel and Greenlaw.

Beane has been to the playoffs twice, not once.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

@Superman(DH23) Roethlisberger was already there for Colbert but he was in their FO when the Steelers drafted him.

Ryan was not in place for Dimitroff; he was his first pick.

You can say DeCosta already had LJ but he was still heavily involved in that pick.

Veach became GM of the Chiefs the year Mahomes was drafted despite it happening post-draft, so he wasn't in place either since Veach was, like DeCosta and Colbert, in the FO when he was picked.

Since Lynch was hired he has missed on guys but besides Kittle and Bosa he has also found other great talent- McGlinchey, Warner, Samuel and Greenlaw.

Beane has been to the playoffs twice, not once.

Colbert was in the FO, but he was not making decisions, that's kinda the point.  We are talking about GMs picking the right QB.

I could have swore Ryan was part of the McKay regime, but I could be mistaken, so I wont fight you on that one.

Again, yes Veach was in the FO, but he was not the decision maker, that was John Dorsey, and the story is that Reid was the one who really pushed for Mahomes.  Veach, again, has not "picked the right QB"

Was Decosta heavily involved in the LJ pick?  Rumor is that was 100% Ozzie Newsome.  Again, we are talking specifically about GMs picking the right QB.  

I admittedly forgot about McGlinchey, as he is a pretty damn good RT, as for Warner, Samuel, and Greenlaw, one season does not a successful pick make.  But I digress, the point was that he said Lynch was very good at drafting, which the evidence does not reflect.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Just like Jay Cutler.

We would have ruined Mahomes as well.

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

Cutler was a turnover machine, that's on him. I'm not claiming he was perfectly set up to succeed otherwise, but c'mon...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

Cutler was a turnover machine, that's on him. I'm not claiming he was perfectly set up to succeed otherwise, but c'mon...

He was a turnover machine, no denying that. But the **** weapons and never-ending scheme changes are on the franchise.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He was a turnover machine, no denying that. But the **** weapons and never-ending scheme changes are on the franchise.

It was the perfect recipe for disaster, to be sure. We're actually all sort of lucky it didn't turn out worse than it did. :o