Redskins WR Cody Latimer arrested

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, minutemancl said:

He was on the Giants the last few years. Core special teamer, made some impressive 1 handed catches, but that was it.

This seems out of character. From his social media and interactions with fans and beat writers, he always seemed like a family man on the straight and narrow. Very surprised by this honestly. 

Kinda heard the same about Baker.  Not a bad word out of UGA.  

The Redskins have a lot of receivers who are going to be in camp vying for a roster spot, with only one spot on the depth chart being assured, and that is Terry McLaurin.  Everyone else is going to be fighting for a roster spot.  Latimer had a shot- while I don't think he ultimately makes it- it's a shot nonetheless.  Crazy how some guys throw their careers away, but that's that. 

As always, I think the team shouldn't immediately release the player and let the justice system play out, but I can't imagine Latimer is going to ever suit up in any capacity for the Redskins. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kinda heard the same about Baker.  Not a bad word out of UGA.  

The Redskins have a lot of receivers who are going to be in camp vying for a roster spot, with only one spot on the depth chart being assured, and that is Terry McLaurin.  Everyone else is going to be fighting for a roster spot.  Latimer had a shot- while I don't think he ultimately makes it- it's a shot nonetheless.  Crazy how some guys throw their careers away, but that's that. 

As always, I think the team shouldn't immediately release the player and let the justice system play out, but I can't imagine Latimer is going to ever suit up in any capacity for the Redskins. 

I agree that Baker's supposed actions are out of character as well. Apparently, there was talk that he didn't interview well and had work ethic issues, which, in conjunction with the warrant, is why I was so quick to call him a wasted pick a few days ago.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I agree that Baker's supposed actions are out of character as well. Apparently, there was talk that he didn't interview well and had work ethic issues, which, in conjunction with the warrant, is why I was so quick to call him a wasted pick a few days ago.

I never heard of the work ethic issues until the Giants.  I'm also not sure how much I would grade him on his performance with the disaster that was Pat Shurmur last year.  I also haven't heard of the DB coach from last year, and I think it's telling that, despite his career, he's going back to Texas to be an analyst.  It's tough for a person his age to relate and coach players coming out of college now.  

Well, if what's coming out is true, he'll probably be alright legally. 

Honestly probably puts him on course for a roster lock. What NFL team is going to cut someone the media is gonna be hyped over, especially when Snyder can use all the good PR he can get. 

Key takeaway: if it's true, good on him and I hope karma treats him very kindly. Definitely a better look than most off season issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The plot thickens...

If this is true then I hope the justice system does right by him. 

He's got a good lawyer on his too. Steinberg is the same lawyer who represented Parish Cox (coincidentally) in a sexual assault case a while back.    

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The plot thickens...

On 5/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, minutemancl said:

He was on the Giants the last few years. Core special teamer, made some impressive 1 handed catches, but that was it.

This seems out of character. From his social media and interactions with fans and beat writers, he always seemed like a family man on the straight and narrow. Very surprised by this honestly. 

it’s just rumors and speculation, but things are starting to add up

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If someone molests one of my kids then eff the law and this pandemic. 

For real. If someone molested his kid and all he did was pistol whip the guy, Laitmer is a more disciplined man than i

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 1