Redskins WR Cody Latimer arrested

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Does anyone know what we signed him for? How much we save?

I know it was for 1 yr & you know Rivera is cutting him like...probably today.

Hopefully, not much in guaranteed money.

We signed him to a one year $887,500 vet minimum contract.

We will save $750,000 if/when we cut him.

Unless he really impressed at training camp/preseason there was always a strong chance he wouldn't make the team anyway.

I mean as it stands right now, AGG is probably our #4 WR unless he looks bad as a rookie, and while Latimer would be competing for the #2 WR spot if he's not cut -Mopposite Terry w/ Harmon, Sims & AGG, it’s clear we don't need him.

Beyond AGG, Harmon, and Steven Sims, we have Quinn, Cam Sims, Darvin Kidsy, Emanuel Hall, Jordan Veasy, Isaiah Wright, Jonathan Johnson, Jordan Veasy and Jester Weah to compete for the 5th and maybe 6th WR spots.

Edited by turtle28

I mean I don’t think they were banking the future of our franchise success on him cut him and let that go once you get further details that make it clear he’s in trouble and walk away. Don’t give up on someone premature but it seems like this is clear cut

• Like 1

Not much to discuss here that's even football related.  Latimer has been a bust to this point, and was going to be hardpressed to make the roster.  

In these situations, I always feel that the team should stand by the player until the justice system plays out. But they should be prepared not to have Latimer at all, which was likely the case anyway.  

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Oh no. Our big free agent receiver signing never even got off the ground. 

😂 Haskins is really in trouble now. I mean, you go to all that effort to bring in a top flight talent to help make your young QB’s life a little easier, and he goes and gets himself arrested within a couple months. And on top of that, I’m starting to think he might suck at football too...

Always a side of these stories that will have to be heard, but frankly it was a waste of time signing him and it would be an even bigger waste of time dealing with all this BS now. 

• Like 2