2nd year breakouts

Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Preston Williams, WR, Miami Dolphins

Was having a great year last year until injury, but man if he can continue to progress, Devante Parker turns out not to be a fluke last year, Albert Wilson can stay healthy in the slot, and Gesicki can step it up, hell we might have an elite receiving core. 

He's another solid guy to pick.  Might not fully jump out due to how the QB situation plays out, but Miami has some solid receivers.  

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I didn't even know about the injury, that puts last season in even more perspective.  He was my non-homer pick for this, too, now I feel even more confident about that. 

If I had to pick 2 people it would be both Hollywood and Brian Burns. Burns had 7.5 sacks last year on 41% of defensive snaps, and I would reckon he's only gonna get better this year.

But yeah with Hollywood, he was clearly faster than everyone on the field LAST YEAR while playing injured. This year it's gonna be really fun to watch him.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Homer pick: Steven Sims, slot WR.  Former UDFA.  Had a great end to the season last year and is working with WR guru David Robinson this offseason, who has worked with a lot of top WRs in the past (AB, Godwin, Emmanuel Sanders, etc.).  He seems to like Sims' chances as well:

Non-homer pick: David Montgomery, RB.  I think he has a big season if the Bears can get steady QB play from Foles.

Yeh - This guy is a true sleeper, people are still sleeping on him entering year 2. Looked good in college, did well with his opportunity last season and looked good on the field. With Terry on the outside this guy shout eat. We just need Haskins to do his bit.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If I had to pick 2 people it would be both Hollywood and Brian Burns. Burns had 7.5 sacks last year on 41% of defensive snaps, and I would reckon he's only gonna get better this year.

But yeah with Hollywood, he was clearly faster than everyone on the field LAST YEAR while playing injured. This year it's gonna be really fun to watch him.

The offense you guys have is amazing, and should be even better this year.  I hate complementing the Ravens, but so far, the Jackson era is quite exciting. 

Deonte Harris made the All-Pro team as a IDFA last year. He’s got speed to burn and was getting worked into the offense more and more as the season went on. I don’t think he’ll “break out” in the sense that he’s a household name or star, but he could “break out” into a starting/important rotational role on the offense.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson was really solid in the slot and at safety for us last year. He could have a really nice season as well.

33 minutes ago, Dome said:

Deonte Harris made the All-Pro team as a IDFA last year. He’s got speed to burn and was getting worked into the offense more and more as the season went on. I don’t think he’ll “break out” in the sense that he’s a household name or star, but he could “break out” into a starting/important rotational role on the offense.

Excited to see what he can do this year. He was absolutely electric with the ball in his hands last season. It will be interesting to see if he can hone his skills a bit as a WR option for us, or if he will remain more of a gadget type player on offense.

16 hours ago, indifference said:

Not going to lie...I wanted to say him but I was not trying to be a homer. I cant wait to see how he plays this year under a full season with Bowles

Well, everyone else has apparently, so go ahead :D

On 5/18/2020 at 8:28 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Another good candidate (if i'm not missing an off-season arrest) is Jamel Dean, TB corner.

PFF's Highest-graded rookie cornerback in 2019, although he didn't play as much as others. He still led all rookies in pass breakups (10). Dean allowed a 72.0 passer rating into his coverage and only 48.9% of targets to be caught. He's a big SOB too and gets in the WRs faces.

What ya sayin' @bucsfan333

You might be on to something.

• Like 2