Bills DL Ed Oliver arrested

EaglesPeteC

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Unlawfully carrying a weapon in Texas? Wtf happened 

If you fail a sobriety test and have a gun, you'll get the unlawful tag slapped onto any other arrest you're dealing with. Doesn't matter if it's registered or if you have a CCL - if you've been drinking and you have a gun, you're unlawfully carrying it (and you'll lose your CCL for 3-5 years).

Not good, Ed. You weren't supposed to be this way.

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Unregistered? Wonder if he gets a suspension from this.

Doubtful to unregistered. In Texas you can carry a vehicle in your car without a handgun license as long as you own the gun. He probably got a charge for being intoxicated while in possession of a firearm. Their state laws say you can't carry a firearm while intoxicated.

And based on the video the police released he may be able to get charges dropped. He performed fairly well in that sobriety test. Wonder if a good lawyer could get him off for unlawful arrest. Based on video released there isnt enough for me to say he was drunk (even tho he probably was). 

As for football. This does hurt a bit as there will likely be a suspension. However we do have 5  really good DTs. So id imagine Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson will be manning the 3 tech.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you fail a sobriety test and have a gun, you'll get the unlawful tag slapped onto any other arrest you're dealing with. Doesn't matter if it's registered or if you have a CCL - if you've been drinking and you have a gun, you're unlawfully carrying it (and you'll lose your CCL for 3-5 years).

This makes sense. Ugh with the Bills T shirt on too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Definitely irresponsible and immature but there could be way worse situations. Seems like he was just on 4 wheelers and drinking with his buddies and made a mistake thinking he was ok to drive. Still stupid but seems like  a good guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Definitely irresponsible and immature but there could be way worse situations. Seems like he was just on 4 wheelers and drinking with his buddies and made a mistake thinking he was ok to drive. Still stupid but seems like  a good guy.

Said every person with a DWI ever. DWI are far too common in the league, and i will never be able to understand it. The guy had to meticulously walk a straight line, clearly drunk. If he had hurt himself or someone else this is a whole different story. He clearly had to have been swerving around to even get pulled over, on top of having a trailer hitched to the back of his truck. I hope he’s suspended, probably won’t be, but he needs two games to realize you’re supposed to be a professional athlete. Hell if i was Brandon Beane I’d impose an internal suspension for a game for doing that in a Bills t shirt. 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Said every person with a DWI ever. DWI are far too common in the league, and i will never be able to understand it. The guy had to meticulously walk a straight line, clearly drunk. If he had hurt himself or someone else this is a whole different story. He clearly had to have been swerving around to even get pulled over, on top of having a trailer hitched to the back of his truck. I hope he’s suspended, probably won’t be, but he needs two games to realize you’re supposed to be a professional athlete. Hell if i was Brandon Beane I’d impose an internal suspension for a game for doing that in a Bills t shirt. 

Not defending a stupid action. Just trying to make sense of the situation cause Ed is a good guy. Its out of character based on his his entire life. No character concerns coming out pf college. Very well spoken young man. Just made an incredibly dumb decision.

He got pulled over cause another vehicle reported him driving dangerously in a construction zone.

I agree i think a 2 game suspension would suit this well. Both charges are misdemeanors. Irresponsible and stupid.