Bills DL Ed Oliver arrested

EaglesPeteC

Dumb decision for sure. On one aspect you hope it’s not a trend. Considering the college coach red flag (that I’m not particularly well versed on, but still).

The one thing that I definitely think should be taken into account here is that even with this bad decision, he didn’t choose to make it worst. The cops asked him to obey and he did. He didn’t resist in any capacity from the results of the video. He seemed respectful to the officers on site.

Too often I’ve seen the opposite happen and tragedies strike or things become heated. That makes me lean toward this being more “bad judgment” vs “bad dude”. And I think that should certainly go a long way when it comes to punishment by the league.

No way do I think this deserves more than a 2 game suspension, but it certainly does deserve two games if for no other reason than to impact the kids life as a professional moving forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

The one thing that I definitely think should be taken into account here is that even with this bad decision, he didn’t choose to make it worst. The cops asked him to obey and he did. He didn’t resist in any capacity from the results of the video. He seemed respectful to the officers on site.

That was one thing I was happy about as well. As annoyed and upset I was when I woke up to this news, I was thrilled to see he didn't pull the old "I'm so and so from the NFL can't give you give me a break" or the "Don't you know who I am" spiel.

• Like 1

According to court documents, a witness called 911 after seeing a truck pulling a trailer swerving in and out of lanes. A deputy spotted the truck and trailed it going 80mph in a 45mph zone and passing in a "no passing" zone.

The deputy signaled the driver of the truck, later identified as Oliver, to pull over and called for a DWI unit. 

Court documents revealed that Oliver admitted to drinking a beer at about 1 p.m. that day. Oliver also told deputies that he is taking Adderall, although it is unclear if he was under the influence of Adderall at the time of his arrest. 

According to NFL.com, players are allowed to take Adderall only if approved by the league for medical reasons. 

After failing field sobriety tests, Oliver was placed in custody for misdemeanor driving while intoxicated. 

Deputies searched Oliver's car and found a weapon and an open can of Bud Light beer in the driver's door, according to court records.

Doing 80 in a 45 while drinking, pulling a trailer, and passing in a no passing zone.  Ed may or may not be a "good" guy, but he is most definitely a dumbass.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 1:16 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Doing 80 in a 45 while drinking, pulling a trailer, and passing in a no passing zone.  Ed may or may not be a "good" guy, but he is most definitely a dumbass.

I'm on a main road for many to head to the coast and 120MPH is a daily standard since shelter in place. I don't like to mow/weed whack the ditch because there's a passing lane (one of the few on this road) and a loss of control at that speed ends things really quick. Lots and LOTS of dumbassness lately LOL

Edited by G
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What is the precedent here? The league still has a right to suspend him right? Even though that would be pretty dumb (the norm for them).

The way that the charges were dropped would leave me to believe no suspension at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well good to know that he wasnt drunk but id rather him not drive with an open container between his legs from now on.

Apparently it was a for a passengers tobacco spit, but yeah- use a coke can next time.

8 hours ago, drew39k said:

The way that the charges were dropped would leave me to believe no suspension at all.

It'd be insane if he did get suspended. All charges were dropped and he blew a .000%. There's literally no reason to suspend him. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Apparently it was a for a passengers tobacco spit, but yeah- use a coke can next time.

It'd be insane if he did get suspended. All charges were dropped and he blew a .000%. There's literally no reason to suspend him. 

Exactly let my man Ed live

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, marshawn lynch said:

Well good to know that he wasnt drunk but id rather him not drive with an open container between his legs from now on.

Like...why the heck would just randomly have a beer can between your legs while driving?  What exactly was the purpose of that?  Bizarre behavior, regardless of the outcome of this case.

Like, it's empty and you're just trying to crush with with your quads while driving to get some exercise in?  Or it's full and you're trying to warm it up so you can pretend to be British?  What actually was the purpose of that can in this scenario?