Bills DL Ed Oliver arrested

EaglesPeteC

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Good. Learn from this and be better. I’m honestly so mad right now. I expect so much more from someone who i think will be an All Pro within the next couple of years. A foundational blue chip piece of a franchise with high expectations for the first time in decades and this happens. Inexcusable.

I’m not going to get on my moral high horse, I may have made a bad decision a time or two in my life also.

That said, it’s especially frustrating when guys worth millions do stuff like this.  The cost of an Uber is literally irrelevant to you.  Hell the team likely has an account for these guys to use (or should).

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Good. Learn from this and be better. I’m honestly so mad right now. I expect so much more from someone who i think will be an All Pro within the next couple of years. A foundational blue chip piece of a franchise with high expectations for the first time in decades and this happens. Inexcusable.

Yep, learn from this, pay the fine, lose your gun license, and never ever ever do this **** again. Prove it's a one time lapse in judgement, not that you're flagrantly disregarding the safety of others because you think you're above it.

So angry and disappointed. All of these guys should know better. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Hopefully it's not a continuous problem like it was for Aldon Smith. As a fan, that really sucked to witness a train wreck like that. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Dude got into a fight with his college head coach over a jacket. 

ezgif-5-17aa68f79b38.gif

*Shrug*

It was Major Applewhite, he's as much of an apple as he was a head coach.

I'm surprised Oliver didn't throw him off of a roof to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Said every person with a DWI ever. DWI are far too common in the league, and i will never be able to understand it. The guy had to meticulously walk a straight line, clearly drunk. If he had hurt himself or someone else this is a whole different story. He clearly had to have been swerving around to even get pulled over, on top of having a trailer hitched to the back of his truck. I hope he’s suspended, probably won’t be, but he needs two games to realize you’re supposed to be a professional athlete. Hell if i was Brandon Beane I’d impose an internal suspension for a game for doing that in a Bills t shirt. 

We all make mistakes.  My best friend's fiance had a DWI and lost a couple jobs because of her drinking.  She went to rehab, hasn't touched anything since even though he has alcohol in the house and the one job that continued to give her a chance she's excelled in and now runs one of their locations.  On the same friend's birthday years ago, I thought I was OK to drive and on the short ride to the hotel got pulled over.  A friend who was a cop on duty that night knew we were out and when he got called about it, he made things happen and I made it to the hotel without being arrested.  I was extremely lucky in that instance.  I resolved that morning to never, ever make the same mistake again and have not driven under the influence since.  I'm not even a big drinker anymore, and without baseball, my normal alcohol intake for this time of year is actually 0.  

Oliver never seemed to be a bad egg.  He has a high profile job, and the gun as @ET80 pointed out, makes a difference here but it could be as simple as he does have a CCL and it's now invalid due to his drinking.  Due to that and the high profile job, I do agree that a suspension could be in order for 1-2 games, but if this is his first issue, the NFL will likely handle it internally.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to get on my moral high horse, I may have made a bad decision a time or two in my life also.

That said, it’s especially frustrating when guys worth millions do stuff like this.  The cost of an Uber is literally irrelevant to you.  Hell the team likely has an account for these guys to use (or should).

I remember reading a story a few years ago that the NFL in their partner cities, as well as major cities where they don't have teams, do have services players can call for instances like this.  That was before Uber and Lyft though, they might just partner with them now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Doubtful to unregistered. In Texas you can carry a vehicle in your car without a handgun license as long as you own the gun. He probably got a charge for being intoxicated while in possession of a firearm. Their state laws say you can't carry a firearm while intoxicated.

And based on the video the police released he may be able to get charges dropped. He performed fairly well in that sobriety test. Wonder if a good lawyer could get him off for unlawful arrest. Based on video released there isnt enough for me to say he was drunk (even tho he probably was). 

As for football. This does hurt a bit as there will likely be a suspension. However we do have 5  really good DTs. So id imagine Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson will be manning the 3 tech.

How do you know he did fairly well on a sobriety test? I'm a cop and do a significant amount of impaired driving enforcement. HGN ( Eye test) is the best test in regards to determining impairment and there is noway any of us knows how he did from that video. Then just from seeing the 2 second clip I observed multiple clues of impairment. Sobriety test is not a pass/fail test. 

I'm not sure if he provided chemical testing, but he'll probably end up taking a plea deal for something. I know hes on your team, but it was no unlawful arrest. 

• Like 1