Bills DL Ed Oliver arrested

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Doubtful to unregistered. In Texas you can carry a vehicle in your car without a handgun license as long as you own the gun. He probably got a charge for being intoxicated while in possession of a firearm. Their state laws say you can't carry a firearm while intoxicated.

And based on the video the police released he may be able to get charges dropped. He performed fairly well in that sobriety test. Wonder if a good lawyer could get him off for unlawful arrest. Based on video released there isnt enough for me to say he was drunk (even tho he probably was). 

As for football. This does hurt a bit as there will likely be a suspension. However we do have 5  really good DTs. So id imagine Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson will be manning the 3 tech.

Were you drinking with Ed?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I said based off the video. Obviously i wasnt there. And obviously its a small sample size. Obviously i cant hear his speech. But based off that video i dont see someone who definitely intoxicated. I do however think he was drunk. Between beer between his legs and having someone report him driving dangerously. However a good lawyer could paint a picture for an unlawful arrest. Just watching the video of the eye test... obviously i cant see his eyes but usually when someone is drunk they tend to move their head. His was straight and never flinched. The only part of that video that makes me believe of a possible intoxication was that one small stumble he had. But once again i do think he was intoxicated... I do believe he needs to be suspended 2 to 3 games. I just think a good lawyer could look at that video and potentiality put doubt in a judges mind and get all charges dropped. There are many lawyers who trained to find faults in sobriety tests and with Olivers money i wouldnt be surprised if he hires a lawyer who could get charges dropped due to unlawful arrest. Of course that would also be dependent on if he refused a breathalyzer and a blood test and Texas laws.

You can't tell from a 2 second video, let's be honest. And that is not true that just cause he didn't move his head, he also seemed unsteady. I've had people who didn't follow with their heads and blew well over .15. 

Plus he had alchohol in the car, I think they probably have more than enough for him to take a deal and not go to trial, especially if he gave the chemical testing which he probably did cause I don't see that he was charged with refusing? If that's a charge in Texas which I assume.

Hes most likely gonna be a plea and serve a small suspension. 

We still got that looming with our guy Quinnen for being dumb.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I wish i was so i could’ve slapped him upside his head when he was about to get in the truck and **** his team for two games 

I admire your commitment to community and safety, but slapping an inebriated, 290+ lb, absurdly athletic dude is probably not gonna play out well for you.  

Edited by chillparsi1
  • Like 1