Bills DL Ed Oliver arrested

EaglesPeteC

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:26 AM, taylor made said:

Yeah I mean its not like he didn't raise any Red flags blowing up at his college coach.

that wasn't a red flag.  Applewhite made it bigger than it should have been.  glad he got fired.

this is ed's first dumb mistake he has ever made in his life.  also, why are people going out and getting in trouble anyway in this pandemic? lol

Edited by Texansfan713

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

that wasn't a red flag.  Applewhite made it bigger than it should have been.  glad he got fired.

this is ed's first dumb mistake he has ever made in his life.

Oh you're right. I see college kids throwing a tantrum at their coach like that every year. Totally normal okay. Got it. Ed has got some judgement issues whether you all in Texas or Buffalo want to admit it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Free Big Ed!

THis is just stupid. DUIs are dangerous (stating the obvious for some reason). While I dont think its worthy of a 6 game suspension, saying free beig ed liek he didnt do soething extremely stupid and deserves to be punished in some way is head scratching. Id imagine maybe 2 games is where it will land?

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Last night was not indicative of his character and it was a passionate moment within our program.” 

”Ed is a passionate human being, and that is why he is the best player in the country.”

Afterward, Applewhite downplayed the incident, chalking it up to high emotions and adding that he would welcome back Oliver.”

Really gassing it up wasn’t he lol

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, Trentwannabe said:

So stupid. I’ll never understand when people do things like this. 

Especially drinking and driving.  It's just not worth it. Especially now since we have Uber.  I could understand if we were still using taxis like back in day when they would take hours to pick you up but now there is no excuse. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

THis is just stupid. DUIs are dangerous (stating the obvious for some reason). While I dont think its worthy of a 6 game suspension, saying free beig ed liek he didnt do soething extremely stupid and deserves to be punished in some way is head scratching. Id imagine maybe 2 games is where it will land?

relax dummy...im joking cause he went to my alma mater...

Edited by Texansfan713

41 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

relax dummy...im joking cause he went to my alma mater...

woah... thank you for explaining that! Totally changes what you said there. So much better now. 

On topic, again, such a foolish mistake. As others have said, no excuse for it really for anyone anymore bust especially for someone with millions. Just uber it nad dont risk peoples lives.... still think he only gets a couple games though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Especially drinking and driving.  It's just not worth it. Especially now since we have Uber.  I could understand if we were still using taxis like back in day when they would take hours to pick you up but now there is no excuse. 

Not every area has an Uber. Just saying. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, D82 said:

Not every area has an Uber. Just saying. 

I live in the sticks even as far as the DC/MD/VA goes, and it takes forever for an Uber to get here.  It is much easier to get one home than it is otherwise, but I could still get passed over (usually why we do my friend's house instead of mine.). 

I also had a grand total of 1 DoorDash restaurant, 7 GrubHub restaurants (an 8th one is the same DD place) and 0 UberEats places.  Now that Covid-19 changed some businesses and closed others, I'm down to 1 DD and 2 GrubHub, and have no interest in any of them as far as delivery goes.  Ledo's is open and doing curbside so that's a plus if I don't want to cook.  Never thought they would ever do online orders.  

On 5/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, drd23 said:

Why does America use such an unscientific test to determine if someone shouldn't be driving?

Not a lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe it has to do with protections against unreasonable search/seizure. We most certainly use scientific methods to test BAC, but you need to have a reason to test someone. Driving erratically -> field sobriety test -> BAC test in the field/at the police station is typically the flow such that police aren't simply grabbing random people who have done nothing wrong and submitting them to testing with potential legal ramifications. 

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1