Ed Oliver arrested

Killashaw

At best, he gets this dismissed or lowered to a misdemeanor because it's his first one and he's rich enough for a good lawyer.

But God damn do these guys need to learn to stop DOING this. Make sure this never happens again and learn from this Ed, this law is in place for the safety of others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

First crack in the foundation of the McBeane era let’s see how they handle it.

There was the Shady incident a couple of years ago but nothing came of it. 

****. I expect better from Ed. Be better than this.

Has to be zero tolerance. Weed, okay that is legal in some states now and the new CBA is changing that. DWI no, no defense. You sit two games and watch the unit struggle and your team need you and you miss game checks and you learn from this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

At best, he gets this dismissed or lowered to a misdemeanor because it's his first one and he's rich enough for a good lawyer.

But God damn do these guys need to learn to stop DOING this. Make sure this never happens again and learn from this Ed, this law is in place for the safety of others.

Both chargers are already misdemeanors...

They are misdemeanors something that shouldnt be an issue but I could see them giving him a game or 2 but with Jefferson butler phillips and star the rotation will still be solid and a non issue for the first 2 games if he is in fact suspended. With them being misdemeanors and the fact that at this time they should be in camp (in buffalo) during regular years, the league may go lightly with this. Also I remember the time that dareus had his reckless driving with speeding and the synthetic marijuana issue he was suspended the following year and not the upcoming season.

posting here bc I'm from Montgomery County. This county is always swarming with cops. I dont even live in MoCo anymore and every time I go home, i have to be on my best behavior driving bc cops will be on my *** in a sec. hope Ed learns from this and doesnt DWI in the future :(

This is because I voted for Oliver to be the Defensive Breakout Player of 2020, isn't it?!? ;)

Seriously, he's young and can certainly learn from this. DWI is a no-no and he can afford an Uber...and register your weapon! Got plenty of time to do that with the off-season being so funky!

10 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

This is because I voted for Oliver to be the Defensive Breakout Player of 2020, isn't it?!? ;)

Seriously, he's young and can certainly learn from this. DWI is a no-no and he can afford an Uber...and register your weapon! Got plenty of time to do that with the off-season being so funky!

The weapon is legal to have in a car in Texas. He was out in the woods with an atv and was probably drinking and hunting or something had a bit to much while out. It would be a different story if he was going home at 3 oclock in the morning from a club or something and had his gun on him at that time. He will learn from it but I dont see it as serious as it was with dareus and synthetic marijuana and then the drag racing.

9 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The weapon is legal to have in a car in Texas. He was out in the woods with an atv and was probably drinking and hunting or something had a bit to much while out. It would be a different story if he was going home at 3 oclock in the morning from a club or something and had his gun on him at that time. He will learn from it but I dont see it as serious as it was with dareus and synthetic marijuana and then the drag racing.

My parents live in TX. Was told the unlawful possession of a weapon is tied to the alcohol. The minute there is alcohol involved, any weapon at the scene is considered "unlawful". This is nothing like being drunk and waving a weapon around and making threats, etc., so essentially, that portion is no big deal at all, as it sounds like it was just in his possession. However, regarding your speculation that he "was probably drinking and hunting", would be a real problem for me. As an actual sportsman who does hunt, IMO any alcohol or drugs have no business being consumed while hunting. If that really happened, I'd throw the book at him. That irresponsible combination is frickin' ridiculous and on par with poaching as far as I'm concerned.

There seems to be some speculation that any suspension may not occur until the 2021 season.

Similar to Chris Herndon who was suspended last season for 4 games after an arrest made in June of 2018.

Dareus was arrested in May 2014 and served the suspension in  week 1 of 2015.