Ed Oliver arrested

Killashaw

15 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

My parents live in TX. Was told the unlawful possession of a weapon is tied to the alcohol. The minute there is alcohol involved, any weapon at the scene is considered "unlawful". This is nothing like being drunk and waving a weapon around and making threats, etc., so essentially, that portion is no big deal at all, as it sounds like it was just in his possession. However, regarding your speculation that he "was probably drinking and hunting", would be a real problem for me. As an actual sportsman who does hunt, IMO any alcohol or drugs have no business being consumed while hunting. If that really happened, I'd throw the book at him. That irresponsible combination is frickin' ridiculous and on par with poaching as far as I'm concerned.

so after hunting you dont have a few drinks? I do that with fishing and hunting that is normal. I am not saying the guy was pounding shots while shooting something. I am just saying he took his atv out in to the woods and may have done some hunting or trail riding and had drinks down the road whether it was during or after, my assumption is the later. My point was it isnt a typical situation where a player goes out clubbing until 4-5 in the morning as the main goal was to party and have the gun in the car. you are right about the Unlawful part which is always tacked on but it is only a misdemeanor. Its not an excuse as he definitely has to learn from it, but it could have been worse. 

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

There seems to be some speculation that any suspension may not occur until the 2021 season.

Similar to Chris Herndon who was suspended last season for 4 games after an arrest made in June of 2018.

Dareus was arrested in May 2014 and served the suspension in  week 1 of 2015.

Yes there is a good chance of that happening but honestly if it has to happen I would rather it happen this year then next. if you have to be suspended the Dolphins and Jets as these are winnable games with or without Ed. It would not be that big of a deal compared to next year which is unknown. Plus having a deep dline helps out this year as next year might be thinner. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes there is a good chance of that happening but honestly if it has to happen I would rather it happen this year then next. if you have to be suspended the Dolphins and Jets as these are winnable games with or without Ed. It would not be that big of a deal compared to next year which is unknown. Plus having a deep dline helps out this year as next year might be thinner. 

It would be fun to watch him wreck the reworked Jets and Phins OL though.

12 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

so after hunting you dont have a few drinks? I do that with fishing and hunting that is normal. I am not saying the guy was pounding shots while shooting something. I am just saying he took his atv out in to the woods and may have done some hunting or trail riding and had drinks down the road whether it was during or after, my assumption is the later. My point was it isnt a typical situation where a player goes out clubbing until 4-5 in the morning as the main goal was to party and have the gun in the car. you are right about the Unlawful part which is always tacked on but it is only a misdemeanor. Its not an excuse as he definitely has to learn from it, but it could have been worse. 

Out in the field? No. Never.

Anyway, as you said, the weapons charge is not significant. I highly doubt it is even addressed by the NFL. Obviously the other charge is going to be somewhat of a problem. Like others, I'm expecting 2 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Ed Oliver's case was dropped and according to his attorney he blew a .0000 and his blood work showed zero traces of alcohol. If that is the case then the NFL has zero reasons to suspend him and he should go after the police officer that arrested him in order for him to be suspended or even fired for false accusations and defamation. 

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Official statement 

Very unlikely he faces any disciplinary action.

If he does then Goodell needs to go. This was clearly a racial issue for this police officer to go through all of this knowing that he has no alcohol in his system. If a lawyer can argue to get him off with something in his system then he could face a suspension but to blow .000 and no alcohol in the blood that is clearly the police officer in the wrong and needs to be reprimanded for that while Ed should see no issue with facing a suspension.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 6:53 AM, WizeGuy said:

Of course not. The man blew a .000%. The fact he got arrested is some foul sh**.

Not really... reported driving wrecklessly, had open beer between his legs, stumbled once during sobriety test. That would lead any reasonable person to believe he was driving under the influence and to make an arrest. But justice system worked out in this case for an innocent man.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:08 PM, Kmart128 said:

Not really... reported driving wrecklessly, had open beer between his legs, stumbled once during sobriety test. That would lead any reasonable person to believe he was driving under the influence and to make an arrest. But justice system worked out in this case for an innocent man.

Not sure if he stumbled but the beer can between the legs was fabricated and no real evidence to it. Ed said he didn't have one from the get go and he has a raised truck with the cop being reported at 5'8 people questioned if he even saw a can. he had a dip can that he was spitting in so maybe the cop thought it was that. Not saying anyone is at fault or is racial profiling in anyway as I do not know what the circumstance is. if there is video evidence then we can pass judgement on proof but if it is based on hearsay then people do have to question the cop. Did the cop just state that he stumbled during sobriety test or did he actually do it? I just cant imagine a guy who is dead sober having an issue during a test like that. If this is a one off on the cop then it shouldnt be an issue as justice worked but if this cop has had these issues where people are getting arrested on false tests then it is time to start judging him and question his intentions on being a cop with a suspension or even expulsion from the force. In this day in age we need to have as many good cops out there and less and less cops who are being judgemental based on race. Glad the truth came out and hopefully everyone learns from it and takes it serious. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure if he stumbled but the beer can between the legs was fabricated and no real evidence to it. Ed said he didn't have one from the get go and he has a raised truck with the cop being reported at 5'8 people questioned if he even saw a can. he had a dip can that he was spitting in so maybe the cop thought it was that. Not saying anyone is at fault or is racial profiling in anyway as I do not know what the circumstance is. if there is video evidence then we can pass judgement on proof but if it is based on hearsay then people do have to question the cop. Did the cop just state that he stumbled during sobriety test or did he actually do it? I just cant imagine a guy who is dead sober having an issue during a test like that. If this is a one off on the cop then it shouldnt be an issue as justice worked but if this cop has had these issues where people are getting arrested on false tests then it is time to start judging him and question his intentions on being a cop with a suspension or even expulsion from the force. In this day in age we need to have as many good cops out there and less and less cops who are being judgemental based on race. Glad the truth came out and hopefully everyone learns from it and takes it serious. 

They put out a video of it. He did stumble at one point during the video. I remember watching it when it first came out and i thought i dont think he is drunk but it did look like he could have been with his stumble. And i agree. I think he was using a beer can as a spitter. Lets just be thankful an innocent man got proven right and there will be no suspension. Best case scenerio for the Bills and Oliver.

13 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

They put out a video of it. He did stumble at one point during the video. I remember watching it when it first came out and i thought i dont think he is drunk but it did look like he could have been with his stumble. And i agree. I think he was using a beer can as a spitter. Lets just be thankful an innocent man got proven right and there will be no suspension. Best case scenerio for the Bills and Oliver.

agree 100%.....didnt know about the video which is good that it was shown as the physical proof all came together