AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

40 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

2nd question we discussed - what is the butterfly effect if Luck declared a year earlier and went #1 to the Carolina Panthers? What happens to Cam? How does that 2011 draft (arguably the best draft we've ever seen) play out?

If I recall correctly, the 2nd QB off the board was one Jake Locker.

Correct. There's an argument that could be made that someone would have certainly traded up for Cam. Mainly because there's likely no way the Bills would pass on Cam for Dareus. But it is an interesting what-if. It actually could have set off achain that ends with Cam playing with Harbaugh in San Francisco. Which could have been an absolutely incredible combination.

Beyond that, as a Titans fan, the 2011 draft is just so sad. That top 11 had nine all-pros, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert. 

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Correct. There's an argument that could be made that someone would have certainly traded up for Cam. Mainly because there's likely no way the Bills would pass on Cam for Dareus. But it is an interesting what-if. It actually could have set off achain that ends with Cam playing with Harbaugh in San Francisco. Which could have been an absolutely incredible combination.

Beyond that, as a Titans fan, the 2011 draft is just so sad. That top 11 had nine all-pros, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert. 

Jake :(

We had some bad draft classes back then.. The 2017 class is going to make up for the trash we've had to deal with. 

21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm thinking the Browns don't look a gifted horse in the mouth at six and don't move on the trade with Atlanta for Julio. 

Then again, this was the pre-Moneyball Browns. 

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This part just fascinates me. He injured his shoulder almost two years ago at this point, and they have no timetable for when he's going to play. They spent an entire offseason ensuring the fanbase that he'd be fine and that he'd be ready for camp. And then, when he wasn't ready for camp, that he'd play in the opener. And then, when he probably won't play in the opener, that he at least won't miss the first six games.

At this point, I'm having my doubts that he suits up this year with the Colts lying to their fans at every possible turn about his return.

With that OL still not addressed like it should be this offseason, he holds the ball too long and the fact he plays QB like a LB. The Geico caveman will probably get hurt again whenever he returns. Just sayin... 

On 8/31/2017 at 11:19 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm thinking the Browns don't look a gifted horse in the mouth at six and don't move on the trade with Atlanta for Julio. 

Then again, this was the pre-Moneyball Browns. 

Trading down is 100% the money ball thing to do. Ie, why have 1 guy who does it all... when you can have 3 guys who all do a little... at a fraction of the cost?!?!

Save money --> ????? --> winning!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Colts trade WR Phillip Dorsett to Patriots for QB Jacoby Brisset

Not a fan. Doesett with Brady sounds scary. And I like Jacoby. Interested to see if he can keep the Colts alive long enough for Luck to get back. Watch Luck come back the week we play them lol.  Also if Jacoby plays well they can trade him for a okay pick next year :( 

Another wasted 1st round pick for the colts doe :D 

9 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Not a fan. Doesett with Brady sounds scary. And I like Jacoby. Interested to see if he can keep the Colts alive long enough for Luck to get back. Watch Luck come back the week we play them lol.  Also if Jacoby plays well they can trade him for a okay pick next year :( 

Another wasted 1st round pick for the colts doe :D 

The fact that the Pats are trading Brissett after one year for a failed 1st round pick is knda telling IMO Especially since Jimmy G is a FA next year.

6 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

The fact that the Pats are trading Brissett after one year for a failed 1st round pick is knda telling IMO Especially since Jimmy G is a FA next year.

You keep telling yourself that but we're titans fans.. Anything the colts do will somehow come around to hurt us :(

lol

Edited by VY-FTW

How do you think the other 2 divionsal games shake out this weekend?

Jags at Texans? Bortles almost always has a decent game vs the Texans but last year choked it away at the end in Houston. I'm not a huge fan of Savage it won't be long before we see Watson but with all the damge done in Houston from Harvey I expect the fans to rally around the Texans and for 3 hours on Sunday to give those fans something to cheer about after a life of living hell recently and maybe Savage won't have to be a hero and the defense steps up and Bortles craps his pants so I'll be picking Houston in this one.

Colts at Rams? Road game no Luck I actually think the Rams pull this one out. The Rams arnt making the playoffs anytime soon but to their credit even though it was never pretty for a lot of games last year they were pretty pesky and hung around some games. I keep hearing from "experts" that the Colts are better but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not a believer in Tolzen or how ever his name is spelled. Colts look like crap against everyone else except us so I could see Rams leaning heavy on Gurley and Goff should be able to make something happen with Watkins before he gets hurt and Tavon Austin I'm going Rams for the win it gives the fans of LA hope for a week. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20671297/bill-obrien-says-five-players-concussion-protocol-unlikely-play-houston-texans-thursday-night-game

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans ended their season-opening loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars with five players in the concussion protocol: inside linebacker Brian Cushing, wide receiver Bruce Ellington and all three tight ends on the active roster, C.J. Fiedorowicz, Ryan Griffin and Stephen Anderson.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said it would be tough for any of the five to play on Thursday night against the Cincinnati Bengals because of the short turnaround.

The Texans are in real trouble.

Sunday is a must win, IMO. The division is so down right now and both the Colts and Texans (the two teams many thought we would be battling for the division) are staring 0-2 straight in the face. Get us to 1-1 and even with the Jags and I think the division becomes much more easy for us.

Imagine if we lose and the Jaguars are 2-0 while every other division team is 0-2...NO ONE would've predicted that.

Surprise, surprise. Brian Cushing got busted for steroids again.

I also completely forgot they traded away their 2018 first and second round pick for Watson and to unload Osweiler. The Browns have to be loving that. They could have 4 picks in the top 40 picks of the draft.

Edited by TitanSlim