AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

Just now, .Buzz said:

Abry Jones tipped the other pass at the line of scrimmage causing the other pick 6. Not sure how Big Ben gifted that game to us. Our defense was swarming and Leo/Ivory wore down that defense.

Bortles was bad, but that was about it as far as the comparison between that game. 

I will say though that we aren't anything more than a mediocre/8-8 type though. Not going far when you have Blake Bortles at QB. Defense and running game can only hide a QB so much...

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Abry Jones tipped the other pass at the line of scrimmage causing the other pick 6. Not sure how Big Ben gifted that game to us. Our defense was swarming and Leo/Ivory wore down that defense.

Bortles was bad, but that was about it as far as the comparison between that game. 

You watched I didn't. But 5 Ints by the QB and inability to score in the red zone a couple times was a big reason for the win. 

Again admittedly I didn't see the game. So good job by the defense. My point remains, the defense is carrying the team and I feel the team can't sustain that level of play getting so little out the offense passing game. 

But kudos to the defense for bringing it. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, I'd be way more fearful of the Jags if Bortles wasn't their QB. The defense is legit and they have a nice run game but Bortles is still Bortles.

They are going to be like Houston if they not careful. Waste prime years of the defense looking for a QB. 

But I think they buy the best QB in free agency and complete their team. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You watched I didn't. But 5 Ints by the QB and inability to score in the red zone a couple times was a big reason for the win. 

Again admittedly I didn't see the game. So good job by the defense. My point remains, the defense is carrying the team and I feel the team can't sustain that level of play getting so little out the offense passing game. 

But kudos to the defense for bringing it. 

Yeah, IDK, I attribute the red zone stops a bit more to the defense than random luck/Big Ben gifting us it though. Defense really locked it down whenever they got to that side of the field and were overall very, very good today. Big Ben got careless at the end and started just throwing it up.

As far as sustaining things, we're pretty much just hovering around .500. I think an elite level defense+above average running game without turning it over a lot is sustainable I'd think. Who knows how the Jaguars continue to play, but if the same results with the defense and Leo/Ivory keep happening than I definitely think a .500 level team is sustainable.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, IDK, I attribute the red zone stops a bit more to the defense than random luck/Big Ben gifting us it though. Defense really locked it down whenever they got to that side of the field and were overall very, very good today. Big Ben got careless at the end and started just throwing it up, but at that point we were up by a couple touchdowns if I'm remembering right.

As far as sustaining things, we're pretty much just hovering around .500. I think an elite level defense+above average running game without turning it over a lot is sustainable I'd think. Who knows how the Jaguars continue to play, but if the same results with the defense and Leo/Ivory keep happening than I definitely think a .500 level team is sustainable.

True enough. 
I'm interested to see how we play you next time, see if we can have the same success. I wouldn't call our offense top shelf, especially now.  But we wore down that defense. I'm curious to see how other teams with better offenses wear that defense down. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

True enough. 
I'm interested to see how we play you next time, see if we can have the same success. I wouldn't call our offense top shelf, especially now.  But we wore down that defense. I'm curious to see how other teams with better offenses wear that defense down. 

Yeah, I really don't know. It'll be interesting. But this defense just seems to be getting better as weeks pass for the most part. There is some questions as far as the run D goes, but they held Bell in check this week and Big Ben was consistently harrassed. I think the Titans are a tough matchup with having a big bruising back with Murray to come in as well. I feel like us getting worn down as much as we did had more to do with the turnovers and not being able to ever move the chains causing our defense to be on the field all game though myself. Our OL kept getting holding calls setting up 1st and 20+ which in turn caused 3 and out after 3 and out after 3 and out.

I'm interested to see how it goes too.

Looking at the Jags upcoming schedule, the Rams are without a doubt the toughest team they play until December.

Though given that they're totally bipolar, I guess that doesn't matter. Only bright side is that there's almost no chance they're worse than 7-9 so they should be out of range for a top QB.

47 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Looking at the Jags upcoming schedule, the Rams are without a doubt the toughest team they play until December.

Though given that they're totally bipolar, I guess that doesn't matter. Only bright side is that there's almost no chance they're worse than 7-9 so they should be out of range for a top QB.

Would honestly rather they go the draft route as they're as good at drafting QBs as we are at drafting WRs. Don't want to see that team with an Alex Smith at the helm. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

They won't, but for the good of their franchise they really should just put him on IR.

The damage Grigson and Pagano have done(or did in the case of Grigson) to that franchise is incredible, and Irsay stays too high/drunk to ever do anything about it. Ballard is their only hope of salvaging anything.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

The damage Grigson and Pagano have done(or did in the case of Grigson) to that franchise is incredible, and Irsay stays too high/drunk to ever do anything about it. Ballard is their only hope of salvaging anything.

Should just let it go for the season. Jacoby can keep them competing. 

Get a high pick and trade it for more. 

This may be premature but I'm beginning to wonder if this will affect him for the rest of his career. This has been lingering for a few seasons now and the big thing is that it's his throwing shoulder.

His progression with this injury has been interesting to watch for me.