AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, iPwn said:

My time to shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxmmxKHD7o

Enjoy re-living the misery, Titans fans.

Also no amount of youtube videos of the franchise's prior identity could possibly hurt as much as that 1999 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Jacksonville_Jaguars_season

14-2 is not bad... but both losses were to the Titans.

Then the playoffs come... That first game, 62-7 against the Dolphins, coming off that regular season... must have been so wonderful...

And then the Jaguars ran into the Titans for the third time...

Feel free to spend 2 hours rewatching the glory of your season.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Also no amount of youtube videos of the franchise's prior identity could possibly hurt as much as that 1999 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Jacksonville_Jaguars_season

14-2 is not bad... but both losses were to the Titans.

Then the playoffs come... That first game, 62-7 against the Dolphins, coming off that regular season... must have been so wonderful...

And then the Jaguars ran into the Titans for the third time...

Feel free to spend 2 hours rewatching the glory of your season.

But then what happened?

1024x1024.jpg

9 minutes ago, iPwn said:

But then what happened?

Yup, Titans came up short. Jaguars probably would have beaten the Rams, since they were undefeated 15-0 that season against non-Titans. Only problem was they were 0-3 vs the Titans.

For me personally, the 13-3 season and then losing to the Ravens (multiple redzone fumbles, intentionally injuring CJ, no delay of game with an extra 2 seconds) hurt more.

Purely from the perspective of divisional bragging rights, I don't think we'll ever be able to top being the only team to beat the Jags that year and doing it three times like that. Too perfect. Definitely abused bringing that up as my trump card when I was working with a couple Jags fans last year. I was so mad at Andy Dalton for knocking the Ravens out and I hate everything about the Ravens, but man I wanted the Jags hat trick again sigh.

Edited by imDelusional
typo

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Jaguars allegedly signing Bortles to an extension through 2020. So that's fun.

Great you said "jaguars" so now we gotta listen to post after post from their fans about why Blake is a good QB and it's a good decision and Derrick henry trucking Jalen ramsey isn't an exciting football play 

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Great you said "jaguars" so now we gotta listen to post after post from their fans about why Blake is a good QB and it's a good decision and Derrick henry trucking Jalen ramsey isn't an exciting football play 

I'm fine letting them flood in. I don't even necessarily think Cousins is a great QB, but they could end up burning through some rookie deals with Bortles when Cousins would have potentially made them SB favorites. I get that they may be better off long-term without the massive Cousins contract, but from my perspective, this keeps them far more beatable in the short-term if we're able to build on last year and actually compete at the top of the division.

• Like 1