Jump to content
titans0021

AFC South Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

KingTitan    20
17 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

...means absolutely nothing if they don't execute.  Just a lot of talent and money going to waste.

Right. Last couple drafts, they been Super Bowl Champs. 
But they don't seem to be able to put it together.

 

It's just pre-season. However, some of the same things that have held them back is still present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farsendor1    23
6 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

We Titans fans always make fun of Blake Bortles until he plays against our secondary.  Then he looks like Tom Brady.  9_9

yep, well I hope Titans defense can actually win against bad offenses in the 2017 season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    168

I legitimately think there's a real chance that we'll be facing Chad Henne in Week 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    168

I'm hopeful that playing with Bortles another year will make Allen Robinson demand a trade when he's tagged next offseason. He's just being wasted with a guy that can't even take advantage of his massive catch radius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingTitan    20
3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I legitimately think there's a real chance that we'll be facing Chad Henne in Week 2.

Was just coming to type this.  I dont think Bortles last to our game.  He just looks like he has no confidence in anything he is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    168
1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Was just coming to type this.  I dont think Bortles last to our game.  He just looks like he has no confidence in anything he is doing.

I just don't know how you can ride with this guy. He's just so incredibly broken at this point. I don't know if anything will fix him, but his last chance to salvage his career might be to just sit for a year and only work on the fundamentals and straightening out his mechanics. Which is a shame for him, because there's virtually no chance the Jaguars would even consider letting him do that with him being a FA next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    168

Man, I'm going to be so disappointed when we end up splitting with the Jags again this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I legitimately think there's a real chance that we'll be facing Chad Henne in Week 2.

😢 so we might lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SerenityNow    1
Posted (edited)

Does Bortles still have that hot girlfriend, or did she leave him for a better QB like one of the McCown brothers?

Edited by SerenityNow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin615$    5

How can Bortles suck soo soooo bad then be Tom Brady against us. Yeah our secondary wasn't good but still.

Side note: I hope our secondary is much improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragevsuall17    14
14 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I just don't know how you can ride with this guy. He's just so incredibly broken at this point. I don't know if anything will fix him, but his last chance to salvage his career might be to just sit for a year and only work on the fundamentals and straightening out his mechanics. Which is a shame for him, because there's virtually no chance the Jaguars would even consider letting him do that with him being a FA next year.

Some of it may be mechanics and such... but I think the real issue is confidence.  It's not like his mechanics have gone to complete crap in 18 months.  I understand he wasn't as good as his stats showed in 2015... but there was growth there... hope for them.  

That deep pass posted above where Robinson had gotten himself open... he can obviously make that throw... he made it in 2015... but he doubts himself and pulls back a little resulting in the short throw.  I really thinks it comes down to confidence... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    317
On 8/9/2017 at 1:52 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

lmao

I get it’s fun to dump on Bort when he’s down. But he’s always making jokes like this. He and the reporter were talking about Coughlin’s 5 minute rule and how it doesn’t apply in joint practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KhanYouDigIt    32
On 8/18/2017 at 1:01 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Some of it may be mechanics and such... but I think the real issue is confidence.  It's not like his mechanics have gone to complete crap in 18 months.  I understand he wasn't as good as his stats showed in 2015... but there was growth there... hope for them.  

That deep pass posted above where Robinson had gotten himself open... he can obviously make that throw... he made it in 2015... but he doubts himself and pulls back a little resulting in the short throw.  I really thinks it comes down to confidence... 

Correct. He really looks like he is pressing. I've given up on him.

He use to play so free and loose and sometimes that could be a bad thing but every time he drops back now, it's an adventure. I think his time in Jax is probably over. Just another failed top 5 pick by the Jags and that is why they have been one of the worst teams in the NFL for the last 5 years.

It is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×