AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview

This is a pretty interesting interview with Jalen Ramsey, including this part...

Who are the quarterbacks, in your opinion, who don't suck?
"Aaron Rodgers does not. Tom Brady doesn't. I gotta think now, about all the teams... I think Marcus Mariota is a great quarterback for their team. I think Tyrod Taylor is actually a better quarterback than he gets credit for, because he does not make mistakes. He's honestly a Marcus Mariota type player, where he manages a game really well, always has them at least in position to be in the game late in the game. He just doesn't have turnovers that often. That's really all you need, especially if you get a good defense."

I'm actually surprise that, not only was he positive regarding Mariota, he was one of the first names mentioned when it comes to good QBs in his opinion.

He knows Marcus will stiff arm his *** to the ground like he did his teammate Church man. Also he better be respectful or we’ll get his Daddy Derrick on him.

Waits for Jags fans to come in to talk about weight.....

Edited by ttitansfan4life

7 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview

This is a pretty interesting interview with Jalen Ramsey, including this part...

Who are the quarterbacks, in your opinion, who don't suck?
"Aaron Rodgers does not. Tom Brady doesn't. I gotta think now, about all the teams... I think Marcus Mariota is a great quarterback for their team. I think Tyrod Taylor is actually a better quarterback than he gets credit for, because he does not make mistakes. He's honestly a Marcus Mariota type player, where he manages a game really well, always has them at least in position to be in the game late in the game. He just doesn't have turnovers that often. That's really all you need, especially if you get a good defense."

I'm actually surprise that, not only was he positive regarding Mariota, he was one of the first names mentioned when it comes to good QBs in his opinion.

I think Jalen low key still wants to be a Titan.  I've always felt like if he gets an opportunity to hit Free Agency eventually, we'll be one of his top choices.  Who knows what the circumstances will be surrounding our team when he actually has that opportunity, but I always hear or see that he's hanging around here a lot in the summer (he's from my hometown). So, giving a ton of praise to Marcus kinda lines up with what I think he'll eventually want to do. #BringJalenHome xD

36 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I think Jalen low key still wants to be a Titan.  I've always felt like if he gets an opportunity to hit Free Agency eventually, we'll be one of his top choices.  Who knows what the circumstances will be surrounding our team when he actually has that opportunity, but I always hear or see that he's hanging around here a lot in the summer (he's from my hometown). So, giving a ton of praise to Marcus kinda lines up with what I think he'll eventually want to do. #BringJalenHome xD

It'd be interesting to watch the opinions of him, from both Jags and Titans fans, switch if he did join us.

I have a sneaky felling Jags fans wouldn't be bringing up the difference in weight class if Fournette was the one trucking Ramsey instead of Henry...lol.

Edited by TitanSlim

On 8/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, TitanSlim said:

It'd be interesting to watch the opinions of him, from both Jags and Titans fans, switch if he did join us.

I have a sneaky felling Jags fans wouldn't be bringing up the difference in weight class if Fournette was the one trucking Ramsey instead of Henry...lol.

He would instantly be hated by jags fans and loved by Titans for coming home. Hopefully by then we will have our place firmly among the contenders. 

• 2 weeks later...

So DJ and Bucky think the Texans or the Jags are going to win.

I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the Texans all the sudden overtaking the Jags or even us.

And 

The Jags again, lost to us 2 times in very ugly fashion (for them). How they are head and shoulders better than us is strictly off defensive "pop."

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

So DJ and Bucky think the Texans or the Jags are going to win.

I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the Texans all the sudden overtaking the Jags or even us.

And 

The Jags again, lost to us 2 times in very ugly fashion (for them). How they are head and shoulders better than us is strictly off defensive "pop."

I don't watch First Take but saw this on the front page of my Youtube. It's the same thing here. Jags and Texans, and we're a complete afterthought or not thought of at all.

I don't know if we'll win the division but to be brushed off like that by multiple analyst (after a coming off a year where we swept the Jags and won a road playoff game) is crazy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don't watch First Take but saw this on the front page of my Youtube. It's the same thing here. Jags and Texans, and we're a complete afterthought or not thought of at all.

I don't know if we'll win the division but to be brushed off like that by multiple analyst (after a coming off a year where we swept the Jags and won a road playoff game) is crazy.

I would hardly consider Stephen A and Max Kellerman analaysts. Especially when it comes to the NFL. They’re just talking heads for views. And to be quite frank, Kellerman isn’t even good at even that. Atleast Stephen A is entertaining even if he is just babbling non-sense most of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

I would hardly consider Stephen A and Max Kellerman analaysts. Especially when it comes to the NFL. They’re just talking heads for views. And to be quite frank, Kellerman isn’t even good at even that. Atleast Stephen A is entertaining even if he is just babbling non-sense most of the time.

Yeah, there's a reason I don't watch First Take...lol. I was mostly speaking about Louis Riddick and Daniel Jeremiah. They're two of the few tv analyst who's opinion I respect and neither one really gives us a chance. Riddick in that video said we're a few years away from competing for the division, when we've competed for the division the past two years.

I’m not sure where the Titans will finish. I can see us fighting for a WC spot again and I can see us winning the division.

I know there’s a lot of “IF’s” for every team in the league but there certainly is a ton of question marks about the Titans. 

Mariota hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire. He still bails out of the pocket way too early. When he does break the pocket we have yet to see him make big throws down the field.

WR core is still a question mark. Davis and Mariota havnt been on the same page. Taylor had a horrible ending to last year so we need to see if he truly has gotten better. Sharpe coming off a foot injury Matthews coming off a knee injury. After that the depth blows. 

Defensively we still have no pass rush. I still think we will lose close games at times if our OLBs are the only ones getting to the QB. 

Also we have a first time HC with a first time OC

With all that said it doesn’t mean any of the points I made can’t pan out. This offensive scheme could certainly turn Mariota around. Davis could very well break out and Taylor could be a key piece to this offense. Casey and Jones could have great years and start to get after the QB again.

My overall point I guess is I really don’t pay attention to any predictions in the media. The media just doesn’t know many players on the team.  The Titans could very well come out and be a Rams like team or an Eagles like team this year who knows. I truely don’t mind being underdogs since the last time the Titans had real expectations was 09 and we had the HOF game to start the year and opened the season on TNF and was the last year we played a SNF game and we ended up starting 0-6 and losing 59-0.

I don’t do predictions as much any more because week to week in the NFL you just never know any more. Titans knocked of a few good teams last year but stunk it up back to back weeks out west and lost to Gabbert. Titans are very talented but the Titans have to go out an win big games and play good football and have to make their own mark in this league. They can’t rely on the media to pump their tires they need to go out and take care of business 

• 4 weeks later...