AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

This would be so disappointing. There are just so few moves that they could make that even have any potential to make them competent, I can't imagine them stumbling into a good decision. Laughing

Sidenote: I should just have the old laughing emoticon permanently saved somewhere. I'm constantly going back to old FF to copy it so I can paste it over here.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This would be so disappointing. There are just so few moves that they could make that even have any potential to make them competent, I can't imagine them stumbling into a good decision. Laughing

Sidenote: I should just have the old laughing emoticon permanently saved somewhere. I'm constantly going back to old FF to copy it so I can paste it over here.

Isn't is just :lol:

Well, I guess not. That's how I used to do it on the old forum. :|

Edited by Mesa_Titan

Kaep is better than what they've got, but he's still pretty bad. His numbers look nice from last year but they're by and large very empty numbers. The only real positive to take from his season was his ability to not turn the ball over. There's a reason Gabbert started over him when Chip Kelly ran an offense that is supposedly perfect for Kaep's "abilities".

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Kaep is better than what they've got, but he's still pretty bad.

Meh, he's a competent NFL quarterback. I'm not as high on him as Fahey, but he's a pretty significant upgrade over what they have. And even if he had empty stats in SF, the fact that he was able to be even borderline productive with that supporting cast would concern me given the fact that in Jacksonville he'd be throwing to actual receiving options and handing it off to Fournette.

He'd be the third best quarterback in the division at the very least lol.

On 8/22/2017 at 2:11 AM, TitanLegend said:

Kaep is better than what they've got, but he's still pretty bad. His numbers look nice from last year but they're by and large very empty numbers. The only real positive to take from his season was his ability to not turn the ball over. There's a reason Gabbert started over him when Chip Kelly ran an offense that is supposedly perfect for Kaep's "abilities".

He also couldn't fit McCoy (traded), Murray (not used properly), DJax (cut) or Maclin (not resigned) into his offense either... 

That's his time in Philly only... but enough to drive the point home that Chip Kelly should never be used as the basis for competent roster decisions at the NFL level.

11 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

The Jags would bring a ****storm down upon themselves. Loss of revenue would be brutal imho.

I doubt it. By the time the regular season rolls around, he will be one of literally a hundred players kneeling (and he actually won't be kneeling this year). He legit just donated another $100,000 to charity. A decent PR department can shift the focus the right way.

And really, if you've survived being a Jags fan to this point, I doubt you'll be quitting on the team because they did what they could to upgrade the QB position before the season.

35 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

The Jags would bring a ****storm down upon themselves. Loss of revenue would be brutal imho.

I doubt it. You are talking about a team that has tarp on vast sections of their upper bowl in their home stadium and play a home game in London, England. They may pick up some fans of Kaep. LOL!

6 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

He is the focus of the ire. And it is just my opinion. Without getting into politics, I'll just leave it at that.

He may be for a few very loud voices... But when its all said and done, it won't matter. Most fans honestly don't care... Win games and all I'd forgiven. 

Skittles is sitting... not kneeling, sitting... And there's no risk of the Raiders losing any revenue from it.

I have a friend who's very pro flag, anthem, and all that... And he's a Raider fan ( VP of the local Raider Nation chapter actually)... But I don't see anything stopping him from catching every single Raider game. He may not be rushing to buy a Lynch jersey... Yet... But he's still excited he's on the team...