AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it is entirely possible that fournette was responding to a racial slur from a fan, but why are we letting this distract us from the beautiful fact that the jaguars passed on deshaun watson and pat mahomes for a mediocre running back at #4 overall

Saved us at least 3 years of the Jags threatening us. :) 

32 minutes ago, imDelusional said:

Yeah, KingTitan was being a little too generous there, clearly the Jags wouldn't have threatened us regardless. They know who their dad is, the QB doesn't really matter.

Yeah, having Kessler/Bortles at QB instead of Watson or Mahomes definitely wouldn't have altered anything between us. You are also obviously ahead of the Colts with Luck and the Texans who went on a 9 game win streak with Watson at QB too and would have been our main competition. You're right.

ElegantThreadbareEarthworm-max-1mb.gif

Edited by .Buzz

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, having Kessler/Bortles at QB instead of Watson or Mahomes definitely wouldn't have altered anything between us. You are also obviously ahead of the Colts with Luck and the Texans who went on a 9 game win streak with Watson at QB too and would have been our main competition. You're right.

Hahaha, there's only one person in here talking about the Texans and the Colts right now, but you're still not understanding me. We most certainly would not have been your main competition because there is no competition between the Titans and the Jags. 

57 minutes ago, imDelusional said:

Hahaha, there's only one person in here talking about the Texans and the Colts right now, but you're still not understanding me. We most certainly would not have been your main competition because there is no competition between the Titans and the Jags. 

You realize you beat us both times last year and we still won the division, right? Doesn't matter if you have our number or not if you don't win the other games. Hence why I brought up the Colts/Texans, one in which is likely winning 10-12 games this year and taking the South and the other which is on the major upswing with a top 5-8 QB with an extremely bright future. So yes, they would have been our main competition this year if we didn't fall back into the dark abyss.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You realize you beat us both times last year and we still won the division, right? Doesn't matter if you have our number or not if you don't win the other games. Hence why I brought up the Colts/Texans, one in which is likely winning 10-12 games this year and taking the South and the other which is on the major upswing with a top 5-8 QB with an extremely bright future. So yes, they would have been our main competition this year if we didn't fall back into the dark abyss.

Oh you mean your main competition that we split with this year and the other main competition we have an identical record to? But nah, the team that swept you 2 years running that’s also in the middle of the playoff hunt with the running back known as your biological father isn’t included in your main competition. xD

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Oh you mean your main competition that we split with this year and the other main competition we have an identical record to? But nah, the team that swept you 2 years running that’s also in the middle of the playoff hunt with the running back known as your biological father isn’t included in your main competition. xD

You keep talking head to head matchup. That seems like it's the only thing you care about. Last year it should show you in the grand scheme of things, although fun for trash talk, means little.

The Texans are clearly going to have a better record by at least a game or two, possibly/probably more, and the Colts are in the early years of a revamp with a new HC that looks tremendous and a top 5-8 QB in Luck.

If you seriously want to sit here and say you think you are right there with them over the next couple years...

I mean I guess I get it as I'm in the Titans forum but literally go anywhere else on this forum and see how that conversation goes. You act like I, as a division rival fan, just love to spread the love on the other two division teams, one in which (Houston) I hate just as much as you guys as a team. It's just obvious where both those franchises are due to the most important position in a pass happy league. You have a top 5-10 guy with things around them and you have a chance. You don't, and the chances are slim. 

Edited by .Buzz

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao this is incredible

"don't be ridiculous, the colts and texans would be our main competition if we didn't suck *** and also lose to you every time we played"

We lost both games head to head to you and damn near won against the Patriots in Foxborough in the AFCC game last year. .

If you want to talk about main competition in the regular season be my guest. But I don't see you as a formidable playoff team. Your defense isn't carrying you and Mariota hasn't been nearly good enough or shown that he can take a team anywhere. The other two teams in the division, have QBs who are legit top 10 guys or higher.

Crazy to think the main competition would be Luck or Watson and not Mariota. I know.

Edited by .Buzz

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You keep talking head to head matchup. That seems like it's the only thing you care about. Last year it should show you in the grand scheme of things, although fun for trash talk, means little.

The Texans are clearly going to have a better record by at least a game or two, possibly/probably more, and the Colts are in the early years of a revamp with a new HC that looks tremendous and a top 5-8 QB in Luck.

If you seriously want to sit here and say you think you are right there with them over the next couple years...

I mean I guess I get it as I'm in the Titans forum but literally go anywhere else on this forum and see how that conversation goes. You act like I, as a division rival fan, just love to spread the love on the other two division teams, one in which (Houston) I hate just as much as you guys as a team. It's just obvious where both those franchises are due to the most important position in a pass happy league. You have a top 5-10 guy with things around them and you have a chance. You don't, and the chances are slim. 

I mean that was the original comment. Jags vs. Titans.

The Jags taking a RB instead of a QB saved the Titans years of the Jags threatening us.  I'm not implying we shouldn't be concerned about the Colts or the Texans, I'm saying the Jags decision making has gave us one less thing to worry about.  Current history has shown that the Jags are no more of a concern to us than the world's smartest termite. (love that line from Watchmen). 
And until shown otherwise, I will continue with that mindset.
I'm most concerned about the Colts, since we can't beat Luck. And mildly concerned about the Texans. I don't believe their success is real. I just don't. It seems very lucky, very situational and non-sustainable.  Just my opinion.  I'm also high on Watson like most are.

But anywho.....Not concerned about the Jags. Glad they took Fournette at #4. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We lost both games head to head to you and damn near won against the Patriots in Foxborough in the AFCC game last year. .

If you want to talk about main competition in the regular season be my guest. But I don't see you as a formidable playoff team. Your defense isn't carrying you and Mariota hasn't been nearly good enough or shown that he can take a team anywhere. The other two teams in the division, have QBs who are legit top 10 guys or higher.

Crazy to think the main competition would be Luck or Watson and not Mariota. I know.

But did you win tho?  No?  oh ok. Hanging an AFC Divisional round Banner?

And again, going back to my original comment. The decision to take a RB equaled what?  A good season, where you finished one game better than us in the regular season and one game deeper in the playoffs? And then back to the bottom of the AFC south, behind a less than "formidable" team, that your team can't seem to beat? 

Your opinion of the team holds little water here as you can imagine. 

But as I said,  your team's love of Blake and drafting of an average RB at #4 rather than a QB has cost your team a likely Super Bowl and saved this franchise worry and concern about how to beat the Jags. And for that, I'm am pleased. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it's absolutely crazy to think that because your main competition is mostly the other teams fighting for the number 1 pick in the draft

Yeah, I wish we were fighting for an 8-8 record and just missing the playoffs instead...

Had we been a fringe playoff team this year with Bortles, he probably is our QB next year. So I'm good on that.