AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I wish we were fighting for an 8-8 record and just missing the playoffs instead...

Had we been a fringe playoff team this year with Bortles, he probably is our QB next year. So I'm good on that. 

hey, all i'm saying is it's profoundly funny to me that you're talking about your competition within the division as though you aren't the undisputed cellar dweller. better luck next year

Just now, KingTitan said:

But did you win tho?  No?  oh ok. Hanging an AFC Divisional round Banner?

And again, going back to my original comment. The decision to take a RB equaled what?  A good season, where you finished one game better than us in the regular season and one game deeper in the playoffs? And then back to the bottom of the AFC south, behind a less than "formidable" team, that your team can't seem to beat? 

Your opinion of the team holds little water here as you can imagine. 

But as I said,  your team's love of Blake and drafting of an average RB at #4 rather than a QB has cost your team a likely Super Bowl and saved this franchise worry and concern about how to beat the Jags. And for that, I'm am pleased. 

I never said we won. I said losing to you twice didn't alter our season whatsoever. That may be nice and cool to talk trash to us about, but we still won the division and we still went farther in the playoffs. Unless you have somewhere on your team that can legit carry you (our defense LAST year) you aren't making it far without superb QB play. So far, there's no reason to expect that from Mariota. So I wouldn't consider you a formidable end game opponent if we had a QB you mention. Hence why I list the two teams with legit QBs as the main competition.

This year the alternative was paying Cousin (who is flaming out bad with that crazy $$$ deal) and Lamar Jackson (who I was a fan of, but is/was volatile as a passer). Fournette draft tis only one we could have and should have altered our starting QB position.

Now we'll get to this year, although late, is better than delaying the inevitable and hopefully finding that guy.

We are on pace for our 3rd straight winning season...

We have a somewhat difficult, but not anywhere near impossible path to the playoffs... We are 5-1 at home with 2 home games left...

Regardless of anything, we are currently 3-2 in the division, 2-0 at home in the division, with 1 division home game left...

This all with a 1st time head coach, a 1st time playcalling OC, and a team that is definitely still on the upswing, going 4-2 since the bye so far...

Mariota will have his OC for a 2nd season for only the 2nd time since he's been drafted (previous to LaFleur, he had 4 different OC's in 5 seasons... the only repeat was Biscuits)

And yet we have some rival fans that we have no business with the 2 other relevant teams in the division??  Lmao... gtfoh wit ya salty aces...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

hey, all i'm saying is it's profoundly funny to me that you're talking about your competition within the division as though you aren't the undisputed cellar dweller. better luck next year

Because we were talking in hypotheticals had we drafted Mahomes or Watson?

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You keep talking head to head matchup. That seems like it's the only thing you care about. Last year it should show you in the grand scheme of things, although fun for trash talk, means little.

The Texans are clearly going to have a better record by at least a game or two, possibly/probably more, and the Colts are in the early years of a revamp with a new HC that looks tremendous and a top 5-8 QB in Luck.

If you seriously want to sit here and say you think you are right there with them over the next couple years...

I mean I guess I get it as I'm in the Titans forum but literally go anywhere else on this forum and see how that conversation goes. You act like I, as a division rival fan, just love to spread the love on the other two division teams, one in which (Houston) I hate just as much as you guys as a team. It's just obvious where both those franchises are due to the most important position in a pass happy league. You have a top 5-10 guy with things around them and you have a chance. You don't, and the chances are slim. 

To the bolded: The first sentence of my reply was in reference to the Colts and Texans, which had nothing to do with you guys. So you can stop with the head to head matchup thing.

To the rest of your post: You can't not include us as part of your main competition when we've been playoff contenders going on 3 years. The fact of the matter is, all 3 of the Colts, Texans and Titans are your main competition because first, your team sucks and second, all 3 teams are playoff contenders. You have no idea if we'll be right there with them over the next couple of years. In fact, recent history shows that we will be.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, you were. i was just talking about how funny it as that you didn't and leaving it at that. keep dreaming!

I mean, as I said, if this season was between going in the cellar and Blake falling off a cliff or him being just ok enough to be our starter next year and sit 8-8 or be a fringe playoff team, I'm A-ok with this outcome.

I'd much rather be in the cellar right now than in limbo and likely not good enough to win the division anytime soon and not bad enough to make changes/draft a QB like the team needs to...🤔

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

To the bolded: The first sentence of my reply was in reference to the Colts and Texans, which had nothing to do with you guys. So you can stop with the head to head matchup thing.

To the rest of your post: You can't not include us as part of your main competition when we've been playoff contenders going on 3 years. The fact of the matter is, all 3 of the Colts, Texans and Titans are your main competition because first, your team sucks and second, all 3 teams are playoff contenders. You have no idea if we'll be right there with them over the next couple of years. In fact, recent history shows that we will be.

You think, barring injury to Luck or Watson or something serious happening, you have a good chance to win the AFCS and win 10-12 games a year like the Texans are about to and the Colts are well on there way to doing with a healthy Luck in next couple years?

Just now, .Buzz said:

I mean, as I said, if this season was between going in the cellar and Blake falling off a cliff or him being just ok enough to be our starter next year and sit 8-8 or be a fringe playoff team, I'm A-ok with this outcome.

I'd much rather be in the cellar right now than in limbo and likely not good enough to win the division anytime soon and not bad enough to make changes/draft a QB like the team needs to...🤔

whatever helps u sleep at night, bby

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said we won. I said losing to you twice didn't alter our season whatsoever. That may be nice and cool to talk trash to us about, but we still won the division and we still went farther in the playoffs. Unless you have somewhere on your team that can legit carry you (our defense LAST year) you aren't making it far without superb QB play. So far, there's no reason to expect that from Mariota. So I wouldn't consider you a formidable end game opponent if we had a QB you mention. Hence why I list the two teams with legit QBs as the main competition.

This year the alternative was paying Cousin (who is flaming out bad with that crazy $$$ deal) and Lamar Jackson (who I was a fan of, but is/was volatile as a passer). Fournette draft tis only one we could have and should have altered our starting QB position.

Now we'll get to this year, although late, is better than delaying the inevitable and hopefully finding that guy.

And that's find and dandy that you don't see us as your main competition. As I and others have stated, we don't even see your team as a threat. 
Regardless of your opinion of our team, we lost one game in division last year. We lost two games in division this year so far, with a chance to split with the "top" threats, while sweeping the bottom team. We have more reason to be optimistic about our future in the division than you. 

And your view of our team and QB is a non-factor in the original comment.  
The Titans....Tennessee Titans....have no reason to fear anything the Jags are doing. Period.  

So if it is some type of consolation for you personally to think this team is going to linger in limbo and that the Texans and Colts will reign supreme for years to come. Have at it.  From the bottom, I could understand how it looks like such a daunting task to get back to the top.

But from our view point, one which you will not understand or ever agree with, we aren't hopelessly looking at the Colts and Texans as superior teams. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And that's find and dandy that you don't see us as your main competition. As I and others have stated, we don't even see your team as a threat. 
Regardless of your opinion of our team, we lost one game in division last year. We lost two games in division this year so far, with a chance to split with the "top" threats, while sweeping the bottom team. We have more reason to be optimistic about our future in the division than you. 

And your view of our team and QB is a non-factor in the original comment.  
The Titans....Tennessee Titans....have no reason to fear anything the Jags are doing. Period.  

So if it is some type of consolation for you personally to think this team is going to linger in limbo and that the Texans and Colts will reign supreme for years to come. Have at it.  From the bottom, I could understand how it looks like such a daunting task to get back to the top.

But from our view point, one which you will not understand or ever agree with, we aren't hopelessly looking at the Colts and Texans as superior teams

That's fair, I wouldn't be either if we were right in the thick of things. From an outside perspective with nothing I care about in the race and disliking all three other teams in the division, that's my viewpoint I stated. I guess we'll see what happens as this year goes on and the next couple years. I just fully expect the Texans and Colts to be top end AFC teams (10+ wins) in the near future for a while. Once you get a QB of the cailber they have (Colts more than Texans), that's a very realistic and almost expected win amount.

Edited by .Buzz

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You think, barring injury to Luck or Watson or something serious happening, you have a good chance to win the AFCS and win 10-12 games a year like the Texans are about to and the Colts are well on there way to doing with a healthy Luck in next couple years?

Why wouldn’t we be? Luck and Watson are both healthy this year and with only 3 games left a 10 win season is still very possible, finishing ahead of the Colts is still very possible, and even if it’s a long shot the division can still be had.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

That's fair, I wouldn't be either if we were right in the thick of things. From an outside perspective with nothing I care about in the race an disliking all three other teams in the division, that's my viewpoint I stated. I guess we'll see what happens as this year goes on and the next couple years. I just fully expect the Texans and Colts to be top end AFC teams (10+ wins) in the near future for a while. Once you get a QB of the cailber they have them, that's a very realistic and almost expected win amount.

Cool.

I know from my own personal viewpoint. I'm only worried about the Colts.  Texans to me aren't a top end team. Watson to me isn't improving. He started off great and is now good and their defense is getting older and I don't trust O'Brien to keep it together well. lol

So to me, it's one team in the division that concerns me and that's the Colts. They have a good GM, a seemingly competent head coach and an All-Pro QB. That's a recipe for division domination. 

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Why wouldn’t we be? Luck and Watson are both healthy this year and with only 3 games left a 10 win season is still very possible, finishing ahead of the Colts is still very possible, and even if it’s a long shot the division can still be had.

I'm not just talking this year, we just talked about the next 3 seasons. One of the teams (Colts) just got out a rebuild and Luck came back from a serious injury. They are now finding their stride and have won 6 of their last 7 games. 

That's fair though, crazier things have happened. I just feel like to be a competitor for 10+ wins consistently you need high end QB play. Maybe Mariota will find some consistency and get there, but we know what Luck and Watson are (I mean one of them you guys just said are thankful for us passing on, and the other one is better). 

Edited by .Buzz