AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

We were a Gabbert away from tying the previous week. With a injured roster none the less. 

Colts are good. But but not unbeatable. 

If they are smart they draft defense. Get a pass rusher and corners. 

Only team I fear is them because they have smart people calling the shots. 

The route to beating them is stopping them, I feel.  I think we need to really beef up our pass rush. 

Their defense as it stands is solid but not dangerous. Can be beat. 

• Like 2

It is kina crazy that we played 9 games vs playoff teams...that seems ridiculous!!! So I did a quick check and it is!!! BAL only played 3, the closest was the Rams with 7. 

HOU and IND each played 5 and had we beat IND they would have 7 games, and we would have 7...which would still be tied for most. 

I think the AFC south is on the rise, or at the very least it was better than most would ever give credit for this year.

Edited by Dr.Doom52
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I get more enjoyment from Houston losing than I do Indianapolis. Probably still a bit of Manning love lingering, but I'll take it.

For me it is Dungy respect and now Ballard respect. Ballard would have been our GM if we didn't keep Mularkey. 

If we want to compete with the Colts we need to be able to get consistent pressure rushing 4. We're not going to to be able to go toe to toe with Luck offensively, so we need to not let him breathe 

We were one possession away from tying the Colts, but we had two defensive plays that made the game look like it was remotely close. We were pretty consistently outplayed across the board.

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If we want to compete with the Colts we need to be able to get consistent pressure rushing 4. We're not going to to be able to go toe to toe with Luck offensively, so we need to not let him breathe 

We were one possession away from tying the Colts, but we had two defensive plays that made the game look like it was remotely close. We were pretty consistently outplayed across the board.

Don't matter if we had one, two or, three defensive plays honestly. Those plays were made. 

And really that goes into my thinking. Way to beat the Colts is to stop the Colts. 

There were offensive plays to be made but Gabbert did his thing. I disagree that it was a sound defeat. 

Our defense made plays to keep us in the game and our offense failed to do anything with it. Passing game, specifically. We ran the ball well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Watson. Lol I don't care what anyone says. He isn't as great as they say. 

Again... he's got a big arm... and had Hopkins and Fuller that make him look better than he is.  

I know people love to focus on the stats... but he's seriously lacking as a QB.  Take Hopkins from him, and he's near the bottom of the starting QB barrel.  I know people will point to the OL... but a lot of that is on him... had the 3rd highest Time to Throw average in the NFL (only rookies Allen and Jackson had a higher number).  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't matter if we had one, two or, three defensive plays honestly. Those plays were made. 

And really that goes into my thinking. Way to beat the Colts is to stop the Colts. 

There were offensive plays to be made but Gabbert did his thing. I disagree that it was a sound defeat. 

Our defense made plays to keep us in the game and our offense failed to do anything with it. Passing game, specifically. We ran the ball well. 

I wouldn't count on a pick 6 and a recovered fumble every time we play them to our zero turnovers. As soon as we threw one pick the game was over. The things they did to score points are much easier duplicated.

Not saying they can't be beaten, but I do not believe we were on their level for the most part.

Edited by TitanSS

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I wouldn't count on a pick 6 and a recovered fumble every time we play them to our zero turnovers. As soon as we threw one pick the game was over. The things they did to score points are much easier duplicated.

Not saying they can't be beaten, but I do not believe we were on their level for the most part.

We were missing 9 starters, including our QB.  In spite of that, we were right there with them late in the game before the wheels fell off, and our backup-filled team was exposed.  Even so, I know they beat us twice so we don't have much to hang anything on... but I still think we're the better overall team.  (To be fair, that's based on my opinion of Mariota in 2019, which I can admit is higher than most posters here).  

They are set up for a good offseason... with all that money and 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.  I've said it before, and I'll repeat it again, they are scary.  But we're a team coming off 3 straight winning seasons, even with all the challenges we faced this year.  We're still a very young team, but with some veteran leadership... and are set up to take that next step next season.  We have reason to be worried about them... but they also have reasons to worry about us... although until we knock the monkey off our back, it's easy to see why people will lean their way more often than ours.  

3 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

It is kina crazy that we played 9 games vs playoff teams...that seems ridiculous!!! So I did a quick check and it is!!! BAL only played 3, the closest was the Rams with 7. 

HOU and IND each played 5 and had we beat IND they would have 7 games, and we would have 7...which would still be tied for most. 

I think the AFC south is on the rise, or at the very least it was better than most would ever give credit for this year.

Has any other division sent all 4 teams to the playoffs in the last 2 seasons?