AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean we go from the 3rd best team to now last so yes...Robinson better have a damn good offseason or we’re screwed. 

Really? Last?

You think Foles means that much to them? I think he makes the better but makes us last?  I don't agree. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Really? Last?

You think Foles means that much to them? I think he makes the better but makes us last?  I don't agree. 

The Jags are just a QB away from a SB team. Do I need to remind everyone that they were just in the AFC Championship game 2 seasons ago. They still will have an elite defense who will only play harder now that they don’t have to carry the team. They have a top 10 pick to play with so that’ll likely go towards the offense. Foles joins his former QB coach in DeFilippo who is now the OC in Jacksonville so he’ll have a lot of familiarity in the offense. Foles isn’t an elite QB but he’s much better than that bum Bortles. With the Jags adding Foles, the Titans now have the worst QB in the division.

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The Jags are just a QB away from a SB team. Do I need to remind everyone that they were just in the AFC Championship game 2 seasons ago. They still will have an elite defense who will only play harder now that they don’t have to carry the team. They have a top 10 pick to play with so that’ll likely go towards the offense. Foles joins his former QB coach in DeFilippo who is now the OC in Jacksonville so he’ll have a lot of familiarity in the offense. Foles isn’t an elite QB but he’s much better than that bum Bortles. With the Jags adding Foles, the Titans now have the worst QB in the division.

Ehh. We need to find receivers and RBs that can account for ~2,000 yards of offense just to account for the receivers, TEs and RBs lost over the last two seasons that we haven’t replaced. And that’s with assuming Fournette, Lee and literally every weapon we currently have doesn’t get hurt and matches their career best performances. If all that happens *and* we get solid performance out of the RG and RT (good luck on both), we’ll match our 19th overall DVOA offense from 2017. 

It’s possible that with Foles and whatever players they draft, the Jags could be good enough to be third in the division, but it won’t be a good third place team. 

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I agree. With Jags acquiring Foles and likely selecting a WR with their 1st round pick, I would confidently say Titans would be slotted barely behind them, as it stands. JROB has to step up in a big way this off season if we are to even remain competitive in our division. 

26 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

the Jags are a mess of an organization full of mentally weak players and a mediocre coaching staff. your saltiness over Mariota has taken over

28 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

the Jags are a mess of an organization full of mentally weak players and a mediocre coaching staff. your saltiness over Mariota has taken over

It’s saltiness because he can’t stay healthy and isn’t very good? Or maybe you’re just a blind homer. Call the Jags what you want but with Foles they’re much close to a championship than the Titans are.

45 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

It’s saltiness because he can’t stay healthy and isn’t very good? Or maybe you’re just a blind homer. Call the Jags what you want but with Foles they’re much close to a championship than the Titans are.

yea I'm a big blind homer

Nick Foles does not make the Jags a championship contender. the jags organization and crappy locker room keeps the Jags from being a contender. How anyone can look at that team and see "championship contender" baffles me, especially with the rationale you provided earlier

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

So Nick Foles to the Jags (most likely).

Do we care? 

I think he’s better than Bortles obviously but how much better will the Jags actually be?

Outside of Phi Foles hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire.

Foles won’t have near the weapons in Jacksonville that he had in Phi with Jeffery Tate Aghalor Ertz and all those backs.

Jags still have no WRs and I believe Moncrief will be a Free Agent so at the moment Foles doesn’t have a whole of guys to throw too. 

Jags are still about to attempt to trade Malik Jackson and who knows what they do with Ramsey.

Even with a good defense last year the Jags didn’t do a whole lot. The Jags should still be a 3rd or 4th place team in the division 

Edited by Titans fan 617
  • Like 2