AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

lol doesn't this really only prove his point?

without the tarps everbank stadium can hold ~84k. meanwhile teams like oakland and chicago are among the lowest on that list, but that's because their stadium capacity maxes out at ~63k and ~61k respectively. (i realize there's a percent column on that chart, but it doesn't seem to take removing the tarps into account)

Edited by -Hope-

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Thanks for the link confirming that you guys are near the bottom in attendance 

The Jaguars filled 92.2% of the stadium making up for an avg of 61,915 on the year.

The Titans filled 93.5% of the stadium making up for an avg of 64,659 on the year.

You guys were in the playoff race, had an exciting team to watch. We haven't had a winning season in 10 years and had a QB who was utterly pathetic with a lame duck coaching staff all year. Not to mention we're in Jacksonville, one of the more small markets in all of the NFL. Obviously we aren't having attendance #'s that rival big market teams/successful teams that are fun to watch, but we also had decent attendance #'s and were ahead of SD, LA, OAK, CLE, MIN, WAS and right there with TB, TEN, CIN, BUF as far as how full the stadiums were.

I don't even care about this since I don't live in Jacksonville, but this whole "Jaguars have no fans" stuff is just national media BS from several years ago. I really am not sure what people expect after long droughts of losing seasons with poor QB play and picking top 5-10 every year along with the fact that we're one of the smallest markets in the NFL. That doesn't equal top 10 ticket #'s...yet we also still have respectable #'s considering market/team on the field.

Edited by .Buzz

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

without the tarps everbank stadium can hold ~84k. meanwhile teams like oakland and chicago are among the lowest on that list, but that's because their stadium capacity maxes out at ~63k and ~61k respectively. (i realize there's a percent column on that chart, but it doesn't seem to take removing the tarps into account)

It really doesn't, esp when you see TEN barely above Jacksonville who was in the playoff hunt.

The tarps are over some seating because they need to be. This is Jacksonville, not LA/Chicago/Seattle/NY/NE etc. The stadium is way too big for the city that we play in. Everbank without the tarps off is one of the bigger stadiums in the NFL if I remember right. One of the smallest market teams in the NFL shouldn't have that...not to mention we've been one of the worst teams in the NFL for the past decade since our we beat PIT in the playoffs in 2007. The stadium even with the tarps are either close with or bigger than SEA, CHI, CLE, NE, PIT, MIA, SF, PHI, IND, TEN, CIN, CHI, TB, ARZ, and MIN. Most of those markets are bigger as well and aren't having a very, very large drought of no success.

http://www.stadiumsofprofootball.com/comparisons/

Edited by .Buzz

51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The Jaguars filled 92.2% of the stadium making up for an avg of 61,915 on the year.

The Titans filled 93.5% of the stadium making up for an avg of 64,659 on the year.

You guys were in the playoff race, had an exciting team to watch. We haven't had a winning season in 10 years and had a QB who was utterly pathetic with a lame duck coaching staff all year. Not to mention we're in Jacksonville, one of the more small markets in all of the NFL. Obviously we aren't having attendance #'s that rival big market teams/successful teams that are fun to watch, but we also had decent attendance #'s and were ahead of SD, LA, OAK, CLE, MIN, WAS and right there with TB, TEN, CIN, BUF as far as how full the stadiums were.

I don't even care about this since I don't live in Jacksonville, but this whole "Jaguars have no fans" stuff is just national media BS from several years ago. I really am not sure what people expect after long droughts of losing seasons with poor QB play and picking top 5-10 every year along with the fact that we're one of the smallest markets in the NFL. That doesn't equal top 10 ticket #'s...yet we also still have respectable #'s considering market/team on the field.

Where did I say or try to defend the idea that we had good fan attendance? Nissan Stadium has been a destination for opposing fans for years. 

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Where did I say or try to defend the idea that we had good fan attendance? Nissan Stadium has been a destination for opposing fans for years. 

Well, considering the comments regarding our attendance/fans I figured you guys felt at least OK about yours. 

I'm a Titans fan to the core, but any Titans fan trying to condescend to another team's fanbase for attendance is pretty much the pot calling the kettle black. I've honestly lost a ton of respect for Nashville over the last several years as a sports town. It's as bandwagon as it gets. 

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

EverBank is a college football stadium. It was built to be the (at the time) largest stadium in the NFL because it plays host to one of the bigger rivalry games in college football, as well as a bowl game. The Titans aren’t held to the standard that they need to compete with Neyland Stadium’s attendance, so it’s pretty unfair to hold the Jaguars to that standard. But because of the odd situation where the Gator Bowl was rebuilt for the Jaguars and still used for the Gator Bowl, we get this dumb narrative.

14 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Leave them me. This “bash the Jaguars” thread is their most active topic. It’s all they have.

Yes it is. We aren't fortunate enough to immerse ourselves in a Bortles vs Henne debate -- something any NFL fan would give their right arm to have.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yes it is. We aren't fortunate enough to immerse ourselves in a Bortles vs Henne debate -- something any NFL fan would give their right arm to have.

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im dying.xD

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I mean if you want to turn it into a different debate be my guest. 

Doesnt change the factyou talked crap about a fanbase with 10 losing seasons and a smaller market was right there with you in attendance numbers for you guys who were actually in the playoff hunt.

Not much a fanbase can do about poor play on the field. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean if you want to turn it into a different debate be my guest. 

Doesnt change the factyou talked crap about a fanbase with 10 losing seasons and a smaller market was right there with you in attendance numbers for you guys who were actually in the playoff hunt.

Not much a fanbase can do about poor play on the field. 

Where did I talk crap? Was it on the old forum? I thought we're basically considering that website Vegas. What happens there....