AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

45 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Jags just released Fournette...

Too bad their coaches actually suck so they won't screw up the tank and miss on the 1st pick like Miami did this year.

On the other hand, hopefully they just miss on the rest of their licks like always 😂

Incredible to look at picks 6-11 in that draft class and think the Jags took Fournette at 4 and we took CD at 5. Granted, probably tougher for the Jags. At least we had a reason to hope we already had our franchise QB at that point.

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Incredible to look at picks 6-11 in that draft class and think the Jags took Fournette at 4 and we took CD at 5. Granted, probably tougher for the Jags. At least we had a reason to hope we already had our franchise QB at that point.

Yeah. But we needed a reciever and I'm not sure William's would've been much better than CD has been here. Now Adoree over White at 18...that one hurts some. Especially if they factored his "return ability" into why they chose him over White.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, Titansfan_13 said:

Yeah. But we needed a reciever and I'm not sure William's would've been much better than CD has been here. Now Adoree over White at 18...that one hurts some. Especially if they factored his "return ability" into why they chose him over White.

yeah, Davis was the likely the best of the bunch of WRs and we NEEDED a WR.  Williams has had some better numbers but not by a mile and factor in he had Rivers and our offensive inconsistency it makes sense why that happened. 

WR was the right pick at the moment.

White over Jackson is the one that people can say was wrong. Jackson hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been White either and his return/offensive ability hasn't happened. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

yeah, Davis was the likely the best of the bunch of WRs and we NEEDED a WR.  Williams has had some better numbers but not by a mile and factor in he had Rivers and our offensive inconsistency it makes sense why that happened. 

WR was the right pick at the moment.

White over Jackson is the one that people can say was wrong. Jackson hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been White either and his return/offensive ability hasn't happened. 

idk, we could've had marshon lattimore at 5 and juju smith-schuster at 18. obviously juju is a total "hindsight is 20/20" move for a guy who ended up going in the second round, but nobody would've blinked at lattimore going to us at 5. i wouldn't totally agree that it had to be a WR there when we had the need at CB and a top CB prospect was sitting right there.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

idk, we could've had marshon lattimore at 5 and juju smith-schuster at 18. obviously juju is a total "hindsight is 20/20" move for a guy who ended up going in the second round, but nobody would've blinked at lattimore going to us at 5. i wouldn't totally agree that it had to be a WR there when we had the need at CB and a top CB prospect was sitting right there.

True that nobody would've blinked at CB, but the Robinson still had to read the board and what he felt other teams would do as far as where he felt we could get the best value at both spots. Seeing how MWilliams and Ross went very quickly after we took Davis while there were still most of the top CBs available I would say he did that.

And if you want to talk about JuJu and hindsight, why don't we just jump back to the year before and take Thomas instead of Dodd... 🤦‍♂️

I hated that we didn't at the time and obviously still do lol Hopefully AJ keeps improving and takes some of that sting away.

36 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Good point.

Forgot about Lattimore. 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I wanted Lattimore so bad that draft 

I was one of the Lattimore detractors, myself.  Oh well.  I was pounding the table for Godwin that year too, so win some lose some.

I was really high on Sidney Jones pre-injury as far as corners go, but I was pretty happy with Adoree Jackson too.  That was a really good CB class.

he's not an all-pro, but Adoree is a really good corner. Can count on one hand games that immediately come to mind that he was AWFUL, and that's pretty good for a guy who's pretty much been a starter since he got here. I know people get caught up in who we should've drafted, and that's fine, but he's lived up to the billing as a R1 corner imo

Edited by deeluxx3
-

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

he's not an all-pro, but Adoree is a really good corner. Can count on one hand games that immediately come to mind that he was AWFUL, and that's pretty good for a guy who's pretty much been a starter since he got here. I know people get caught up in who we should've drafted, and that's fine, but he's lived up to the billing as a R1 corner imo

sure, he's a good player, can't complain too much. my thing is i'd actually be totally fine with him over white, despite white pretty unambiguously being the better cover corner, IF adoree had also been as advertised in the return game. that's the one area where he's been a total, inexplicable disappointment, which is just a bummer because it was one of his biggest selling points coming out.

I for one still love Corey Davis and think he's still just scratching the surface of what he could actually be as a WR. I'm fairly confident in saying that he's one of the best blocking WRs in the league which is incredibly valuable for our offense, and I'm personally hoping we can find a way to keep him around after this year. Not sure if that will be possible with the other deals we have coming up with Adoree/Jayon, but I love Corey's attitude. Such an unselfish guy, and keeping the tandem of him and AJ together for the long term would be awesome. Obviously he has to show up a little bit more in the passing game this year and hopefully avoid any injuries that limit his production, but I'd love to get him back on a team friendly deal.

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Texans down big and Ravens go to Houston next week

Titans need to take care of business since the Colts have Jags and then Vikings

I love when overreactions come in so quick.

First quarter it was "David Johnson makes the Hopkins trade look better."

"Texans defense is confusing the Chiefs."
"Texans Pass rush is looking great!"

And here we are. :) 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I love when overreactions come in so quick.

First quarter it was "David Johnson makes the Hopkins trade look better."

"Texans defense is confusing the Chiefs."
"Texans Pass rush is looking great!"

And here we are. :) 

Ya I was never worried 

KC came back 24 down vs the Texans last year I wasn’t never worried lol 

• Like 1