AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

if there’s any situation where a QB can have a resurgence, it’s indy. great OL, strong running game, pass catchers aren’t spectacular but they’re decent, and a QB friendly head coach. idk man, i wouldn’t be too quick to write this one off.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

if there’s any situation where a QB can have a resurgence, it’s indy. great OL, strong running game, pass catchers aren’t spectacular but they’re decent, and a QB friendly head coach. idk man, i wouldn’t be too quick to write this one off.

Yea. I could see him having success there. Him in that situation scares me. If Reich can just get him to stop playing hero ball he could be dangerous with that defense too. Wentz has the tools he just needs to be coached up and stop thinking he needs to run and jump on every play like he is John Elway in the Super Bowl. Or making miracle Brett Farve throws any time he throws the ball. Let’s hope he is just a player that will continue to make head scratching plays.

While I have had almost zero respect for Wentz and think of him as a good QB when things are going good but a bad QB facing adversity he is solid enough that he can be a very reliable QB. Still keep him in the pocket and put pressure on him and he will not beat you down field. But sense Indy does a lot of work in the flats he can be thrive in that type of offense. 

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Oh no. Not at all. It's a respectable move.  I mean Jacoby Brisett was good enough to beat us and be very competitive in the division.
I think people aren't afraid like if Rodgers came to the Colts.

I don't think it makes them any more of a threat than they were last year. So it will be a hard victory 

I personally think this move is going to work out well for the Colts. The even more concerning part is they already beat us once last year. They got a ton of cap space and an actually good defense. We got barely any cap room.

Does not seem like a recipe that would lead to us improving and them regressing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little impatient..

Just feels like we have holes everywhere now but I think we will make it work. Hell were getting lewan back. Tanny AJ Henry is s nice trio so our window isn't closed. I said we need to kill it this offseason. Idk. If we just have a AVG offseason we should be okay. 

13 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Just feels like we have holes everywhere now but I think we will make it work. Hell were getting lewan back. Tanny AJ Henry is s nice trio so our window isn't closed. I said we need to kill it this offseason. Idk. If we just have a AVG offseason we should be okay. 

We are all just too close to the trees to see the forest.  

We have a Big 3 on offense. 
I think it's hard to fathom that our offense might be good enough to where we plug in players and they can be productive. 
We finally have an offensive system/identity. I personally don't see it as an impossible task to find players to fit in roles that we might lose a player.

I think historically we've had a roster of #2 WRs but tried to make them #1. So now that we have a #1 in AJ Brown, finding an #2 shouldn't be impossible.

Finding a TE to possibily replace Jonnu also shouldn't be impossible. Given how we potentially use the TE's it's not crazy to think we can get someone to execute that role. Now Jonnu has skills that are one of a kind, but we didn't utlize them fully and we still were a top offense.  If someone like Firsker and Swaim can be productive when called upon then a mid level FA or 3rd Round TE should be able to something similar or better.

We need to crush it on defense. We need to find playmakers. That is what will make or break our season. Offensively I feel we will be fine. If not a top 5 offense, I see us at least Top 10. Running the ball, play action, Tanny and AJ right now is a proven forumla to work majority of the time. 

We need defense to be at least middle of the pack. 

54 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We have a Big 3 on offense. 

We need to crush it on defense. We need to find playmakers. That is what will make or break our season. Offensively I feel we will be fine. If not a top 5 offense, I see us at least Top 10. Running the ball, play action, Tanny and AJ right now is a proven forumla to work majority of the time. 

We need defense to be at least middle of the pack. 

Yeah.  I think all this talk of bringing big money free agents on offense is missing the point.  We will have an explosive, hard to stop offense so long as Henry, Tannehill, and AJ can be healthy and productive.  The rest are just support pieces.

But even with the top scoring offense in the league, we ain't gonna compete if we can't, occasionally, stop someone.

Our defense needs all the help this offseason.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 5:15 PM, Daniel said:

Yeah.  I think all this talk of bringing big money free agents on offense is missing the point.  We will have an explosive, hard to stop offense so long as Henry, Tannehill, and AJ can be healthy and productive.  The rest are just support pieces.

But even with the top scoring offense in the league, we ain't gonna compete if we can't, occasionally, stop someone.

Our defense needs all the help this offseason.

You're not wrong, but I will say this: I think the loss of Arthur Smith is really going to prove to be a big one for this offense. I'm not going to lie: I don't think Tannehill plays the way he does in -- say -- Matt LaFleur's offense. 

I remember reading some statistic like the Tennessee Titans are the first team to feature a 300 yard passer and 200 yard rusher in the same game. That's not just a product of great individual performances, that's a product of a very well-coached and well-constructed offense. 

I see a case for improving talent on offense to make a lesser coach's job easier.