AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Luck and Watson don't make it that much better. DeShaun Watson-led Texans scored 30+ points in 5 of the games he started...they went 2-3 in those games. They're bad even with his level of play. Their defense sucks.

I mean, they went 2-3 with losses to arguably two of the best teams in the AFC and a game in Seattle. Their defense is bad, but with that schedule and a healthy Watson, they're a nine or 10 win team.

And four teams all hovering around .500 with potentially three above .500 is pretty solid. Not great obviously, and held back by the lack of an elite team, but still not bad.

Man how sad is to it say the last time we were 5-3 was 7 years ago? Then we lost like 5 or 6 in a row. It feels so good to have a QB who can lift this team up when healthy. It’s going to be a fun 2 months and hopefully 3 months. Titans need to just continue to play Titans football. It be nice If the running game caught fire the rest of the way. I know the O-Line is a big part in why we can’t get going but Robiskie or who evers in charge of rotating the guys in and our needs to ride the hot hand more. Not that Henry broke huge runs but for the most part he was gaining yards and then was pulled for an injured Murray plus we seen Henry get stronger as the game goes along. The one sequence that stood out to me yesterday was Henry got 6 yards on 1st down and Murray was thrown in on 2nd down and got swallowed in the backfield for a loss I don’t get why Henry was pulled their on 2nd down. I would of understood if it was 3rd down to get Murray in there but sometimes they depend on Murray too much when the guys clearly hurting 

I hope the Luck stuff is true. I was rough on Ramsey, but Irsay is easily my least favorite figure in the AFC South and I would love to see him destroy the franchise with his inability to shut his mouth. I have nothing against Colts fans, but god does he seem like trash. The idea that he's placing the blame on Luck for the situation is borderline hilarious.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I hope the Luck stuff is true. I was rough on Ramsey, but Irsay is easily my least favorite figure in the AFC South and I would love to see him destroy the franchise with his inability to shut his mouth. I have nothing against Colts fans, but god does he seem like trash. The idea that he's placing the blame on Luck for the situation is borderline hilarious.

Also illustrates to me how quick things change in the NFL.

People couldn't sing the praises of the Colts and Luck enough. Now it's a wonder if Luck is going to play again, not with the Colts, but in the league? 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, can’t really think of another case of an owner throwing his franchise QB under the bus like that. 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Five hours later.....

This team....

Lololol.

I'm legitimately at a point where, no matter what Ballard says publicly, I'm forced to believe the exact opposite is true. Which is bad news for Andrew Luck, whose career is definitely over since Ballard insists that it isn't.

On 11/7/2017 at 2:04 PM, titans0021 said:

The lengths teams are willing to go to not sign Kaep is pretty hilarious.

They are signing a backup who they never hope will play again, and will likely be cut as soon as the season is over.

Who is likely much cheaper and isn't suing the entire NFL.

6 hours ago, VYoung10 said:

They are signing a backup who they never hope will play again, and will likely be cut as soon as the season is over.

Who is likely much cheaper and isn't suing the entire NFL.

Except they shouldn't be signing a backup. They should be actively looking to replace Savage. By just rolling with Savage, they're effectively killing their season rather than deal with backlash. But in the end, I'm at least glad that the it's all football related stuff is dead.

I would be fascinated to see if he would accept a vet minimum deal right now. I would guess yes.