AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

17 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

...means absolutely nothing if they don't execute.  Just a lot of talent and money going to waste.

Right. Last couple drafts, they been Super Bowl Champs. 
But they don't seem to be able to put it together.

It's just pre-season. However, some of the same things that have held them back is still present.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I legitimately think there's a real chance that we'll be facing Chad Henne in Week 2.

Was just coming to type this.  I dont think Bortles last to our game.  He just looks like he has no confidence in anything he is doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Was just coming to type this.  I dont think Bortles last to our game.  He just looks like he has no confidence in anything he is doing.

I just don't know how you can ride with this guy. He's just so incredibly broken at this point. I don't know if anything will fix him, but his last chance to salvage his career might be to just sit for a year and only work on the fundamentals and straightening out his mechanics. Which is a shame for him, because there's virtually no chance the Jaguars would even consider letting him do that with him being a FA next year.

14 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I just don't know how you can ride with this guy. He's just so incredibly broken at this point. I don't know if anything will fix him, but his last chance to salvage his career might be to just sit for a year and only work on the fundamentals and straightening out his mechanics. Which is a shame for him, because there's virtually no chance the Jaguars would even consider letting him do that with him being a FA next year.

Some of it may be mechanics and such... but I think the real issue is confidence.  It's not like his mechanics have gone to complete crap in 18 months.  I understand he wasn't as good as his stats showed in 2015... but there was growth there... hope for them.  

That deep pass posted above where Robinson had gotten himself open... he can obviously make that throw... he made it in 2015... but he doubts himself and pulls back a little resulting in the short throw.  I really thinks it comes down to confidence... 

On 8/9/2017 at 1:52 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

lmao

I get it’s fun to dump on Bort when he’s down. But he’s always making jokes like this. He and the reporter were talking about Coughlin’s 5 minute rule and how it doesn’t apply in joint practices.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:01 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Some of it may be mechanics and such... but I think the real issue is confidence.  It's not like his mechanics have gone to complete crap in 18 months.  I understand he wasn't as good as his stats showed in 2015... but there was growth there... hope for them.  

That deep pass posted above where Robinson had gotten himself open... he can obviously make that throw... he made it in 2015... but he doubts himself and pulls back a little resulting in the short throw.  I really thinks it comes down to confidence... 

Correct. He really looks like he is pressing. I've given up on him.

He use to play so free and loose and sometimes that could be a bad thing but every time he drops back now, it's an adventure. I think his time in Jax is probably over. Just another failed top 5 pick by the Jags and that is why they have been one of the worst teams in the NFL for the last 5 years.

It is pathetic.