AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

48 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Per La Canfora(which will probably mean it's wrong, but w/e), the Colts are finalizing with Rivers.

I have no idea why you'd pick Rivers out of all the QB options there were this FA period. His arm is literally dead.

I honestly think he’s a downgrade from Brissett at this point in his career. And his weapons are far worse in Indy than in LA.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 12:36 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Nick Foles traded to Chi

Winston could be a candidate now for the Jags

F it. At this point the Jags are better off just rolling with Minshew. He's either gonna work out for them or they're immediately eligible for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, titans0021 said:

I honestly think he’s a downgrade from Brissett at this point in his career. And his weapons are far worse in Indy than in LA.

Post draft....i'm not so sure. Also, the Colts O-line is light years better than the Chargers. 

10 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Post draft....i'm not so sure. Also, the Colts O-line is light years better than the Chargers. 

I love Jonathan Taylor. I have no real worries about Michael Pittman. But nah, give me Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon all day. Up there with one of the best supporting casts in the entire league.

The line is great. I also remember reading that Rivers was far better against the blitz the last couple years than he was against three or four man rushes. So while the line is obviously a big advantage, if the way to beat an aging Rivers is to drop into coverage and not worry a ton about quick pressure, that kind of negates it a bit.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I love Jonathan Taylor. I have no real worries about Michael Pittman. But nah, give me Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon all day. Up there with one of the best supporting casts in the entire league.

The line is great. I also remember reading that Rivers was far better against the blitz the last couple years than he was against three or four man rushes. So while the line is obviously a big advantage, if the way to beat an aging Rivers is to drop into coverage and not worry a ton about quick pressure, that kind of negates it a bit.

I had Taylor's pro comp as Derrick Henry, and behind their Oline, he's gonna maul.  Pittman doesn't worry me either.  I thought he was a reach when they took him.  But mostly it comes down to Rivers.  If he played like he did last season, then we should be able to stop him pretty easily and then just bash each other with the run game.  If he plays like any other time in his career, we're gonna have trouble.