AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

Didn’t know where to put it but I’ll post it here. Watching last night’s game and DeVante Parker made me think about us with Corey Davis. 

Parker, like Davis, struggled early on in his career with nagging injuries and, while flashing moments of greatness, wasn’t consistent(sounds familiar). In fact, Davis and Parker’s numbers are damn near identical through their first 3 seasons. Parker with 42 games played with 139 catches, 1908 yards and 8 touchdowns. Davis with 42 games played 142 catches, 1867 yards and 6 touchdowns. Parker ended up having another injury plagued year in his 4th season before exploding in his 5th season. He ended up getting rewarded with a 4 year/$40millon/$20 guaranteed contract.

So say Davis is a year ahead of Parker and has his breakout year this season, how would you guys feel about signing him to a deal similar to Parker’s? Would it be too rich for us? Would Davis demand even more in the open market?

Edited by TitanSlim

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

My gut tells me Davis will be a titan on a team friendly deal something like 3yrs 38 mill 

Sounds about right. $10-11 Million a year with some good bonus stuff to fluff it up some more.
That is if the league doesn't see more in him. 
I think he should be on this team. I love him. Hopefully they work something out. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And I think I found a good comparison for Minshew.  I think he might have a Cousins like career.  Great numbers in spans. No doubt an NFL QB, but ultimately you end up disappointed in the season. 

Fantasy QB Champion/Internet hero.

That’s how I feel about him. He’s better than I thought and is going to be a good QB. They’ll most likely be better than most expected because of him, their RB Robinson and their young promising WRs. However, I’d fear them much more if they ended up with Trevor Lawrence and say Eric Bieniemy next year.

It’s like if those Matt Schuab led Texans had Matt Ryan instead of Schuab. Or the mid 2010 Bengals had Andrew Luck instead of Dalton. Fine QBs who put up good numbers but not nearly as fearful as if the had an great/elite QB(which I think Lawrence can be). Hopefully they win enough games to decide they want to keep Marrone and looks at Minshew as their franchise guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

just realizing now that corey, jonnu smith, and jayon are all up for new contracts after this year....yeesh

not gonna lie out of that group even if corey balls this year i think i'd value the other two more

It’s pretty tough. Sad to have virtually no chance of retaining Clowney. We can probably retain all three of them though, just wish we could have gotten something done with Jonnu before this year.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It’s pretty tough. Sad to have virtually no chance of retaining Clowney. We can probably retain all three of them though, just wish we could have gotten something done with Jonnu before this year.

Jonnu is a must. He shouldn't break the bank.
Really would have to scout well and draft a good rusher. Clowney is impactful, but we want a sack master. Maybe Beasley can do something.

Brown is tough. Can you pay him top money? What is his value? Can you just insert David Long instead and get about the same?

Davis I think you should keep too. Unless you are confident in being able to find another WR. Which they seem to be coming out of college more and more lately.

22 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Jonnu is a must. He shouldn't break the bank.
Really would have to scout well and draft a good rusher. Clowney is impactful, but we want a sack master. Maybe Beasley can do something.

Brown is tough. Can you pay him top money? What is his value? Can you just insert David Long instead and get about the same?

Davis I think you should keep too. Unless you are confident in being able to find another WR. Which they seem to be coming out of college more and more lately.

We 10000% cannot let Brown leave 

Jayon is our best LB. I do think he’s ahead of Rashaan, who I’m patiently waiting to become a consistent impact player 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, titans0021 said:

I think we find a way to retain Clowney unless he doesn't meet expectations. Right now I think PFF had him top 5 or 10 in QB pressures with 12 after week 2. We just can't cover anyone to force the QB to hold on to the ball.

Possibly see Saffold and/or Butler get cut to free up some room. Pandemic is really going to limit what a lot of teams can do with the potentially much lower salary cap

I think Jonnu Smith is 100% brought back, and likely Jayon Brown as well. I think Davis is likely gone regardless. If he plays too well he'll be out of our price range, and if he doesn't we won't want him back.

DaQuon Jones and a lot of other notables will walk as well so we're going to have a lot of holes to fill, starter and depth wise.

I actually didn't find out until last night that we have Henry a 4 year contract worth 50+ mil, potentially an out after 2 years. We'll see how that impacts who we can retain.

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I seen the Colts only on Red Zone and I think they look meh mostly because of Rivers but non the less they will be feisty when we see them

Rivers other than game 1 looks pretty decent so far. The problem is the red zone offense but it's still early in the season.