Where would Tom Brady rank all time if he didn't win any Super Bowls

$andtrap

Top 5 at min, probably top 3 if based off nothing but stats. He's going to be #1 or #2 in almost every passing stat by the time he retires. Of course with 0 championships then you have to think an argument could be made for Montana (with his 4 'ships) and Manning (with his stats + ' ships) being ahead of him.

I'm not sure if this is what's being asked, but if you look solely at stats besides wins/rings then maybe like top ten to top twenty. Either Peyton or Marino #1. If you're trying to say that we include every other QBs wins/rings and just assume Brady won 0 then I think you need to specify a bit more. Did he just lose in the super bowl, meaning he still played in nine? Still with over .600 pct in the playoffs? That would still be a ridiculous accomplishment. I'd probably consider him top 5-10 then. Number one would be maybe Peyton or Montana.

24 minutes ago, Starless said:

Not having championships means... what, exactly? That he performs the same but his team just never makes the playoffs? Or that he fails to perform in the playoffs, causing them to lose? Kind of an important distinction. 

Agreed. Like if he doesnt sniff the playoffs or is constantly bounced round 1 although even still it would come down to how they lose

We need to realize that wins are a team stat. If we took those out of the equation and looked strictly at ability, what does  Brady offer to the table?

This is why I rank Brady relatively lower than most. He's nothing special. He's a product of the system and was in the right place at the right time. Quarterbacks like Peyton and Rodgers are straight up better.

As for my top 10:

Peyton Manning

Dan Marino

Aaron Rodgers

Johnny Unitas

Brett Favre

Steve Young

John Elway

Fran Tarkenton

Tom Brady

Joe Namath

Edited by $andtrap
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, $andtrap said:

This is why I rank Brady relatively lower than most. He's nothing special. He's a product of the system he was in and was in the right place at the right time

Explain how this 'system' works and why every team in the NFL hasn't replicated it to make their QBs look like Hall of Famers. 🤔

• Like 8

no super bowls but like 9 afc championship wins/super bowl appearances, a few mvps, and annually top 10 statistically in bulk stats to go along with being the winningest qb still...

i would say then that he might still be viewed as a top 5 qb ever.

this would translate to russell wilson, matt ryan, jared goff, kurt warner, donovan mcnabb, and jake delhomme all having a super bowl win.

top 10 might look like: joe montana, peyton manning, dan marino, steve young, johnny unitas and then anyone's pick of: tom brady, russell wilson, brett favre, john elway, kurt warner, drew brees, ben roethlisberger, aaron rodgers, terry bradshaw, roger staubach, jim kelly, troy aikman, matt ryan, and philip rivers

9 super bowl appearances and all close losses as well as three mvps later heading into this year with the loaded buccaneers and i think brady would still be a consensus top 5 qb in the modern era, maybe even top 3.

13 minutes ago, Starless said:

Explain how this 'system' works and why every team in the NFL hasn't replicated it to make their QBs look like Hall of Famers. 🤔

Although he has a track record of cheating, Belichick is still a great coach. He's 14-6 without Brady. To win 11 games with Matt Cassell is impressive.