2010s Action/Adventure - Official FF BMET (Poll)

Deadpulse

Action/Adventure  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 2010s

• Mad Max Fury Road
    • Skyfall
    • Captain America: Winter Soldier
    • Logan
    • Avengers: Endgame
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum
    • John Wick

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 09:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 1st entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Action/Adventure movie from the 2010s! 

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Tuesday, 5/19/2020 at 5pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@Uncle Buck@THE DUKE    @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

madmax-furyroad-gifs-15-26583.gif?ssl=1

Big mystery what I voted for, I love that movie.  So wonderfully unique and completely original.  No way any of these other nominations have more action in it, no way.  

John Wick probably has more action in it then all of these movies put together. But it should not win this poll. Besides, when has this ever been done in terms of action sequences?

LimitedBiodegradableLadybug-size_restric

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Thank God Infinity War and Endgame are stealing votes from each other.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those movies, but they do not belong as best of anything other than best superhero/comic book.

But theres not a poll for Superhero movies.

And every other genre people decided they didn't fit there. So if not here then where else would they fit?

45 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

John Wick probably has more action in it then all of these movies put together. But it should not win this poll. Besides, when has this ever been done in terms of action sequences?

LimitedBiodegradableLadybug-size_restric

I guess it is just a personal choice, almost every super hero film has insane amount of CGI to the point of almost everything in it is fake and not real in one way or another.  I do not respect that compared to real deal stuff, because it simply is not realistic and the entire filter of the movie has to change to make the CGI look more realistic honestly.  All the tones and values of the colors have to change to make the fake shadows in the animation look more realistic.  Not to mention it is also subject matter that is taken from another source which is not very creative at all.  John Wick has more fight scenes but to me action is fighting and literal action like car chases and explosions all together.   Fury Road has that to the max, way more than John Wick or super hero movies I feel.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

John Wick has more fight scenes but to me action is fighting and literal action like car chases and explosions all together.   Fury Road has that to the max, way more than John Wick or super hero movies I feel.  

This is confusing. Are you saying since Mad Max: Fury Road has more action, that means it's better?

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is confusing. Are you saying since Mad Max: Fury Road has more action, that means it's better?

When nominating best action film, yes I am.  Is an action film not supposed to have action in it then?  I guess not based, on some nominations which are apparently just what movie people like regardless of the category.  

I think Fury Road is action packed so yeah it kind of matters in this category.  

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

When nominating best action film, yes I am.  Is an action film not supposed to have action in it then?  I guess not based, on some nominations which are apparently just what movie people like regardless of the category.  

I think Fury Road is action packed so yeah it kind of matters in this category.  

action/adventure