2010s Action/Adventure - Official FF BMET (Poll)

Deadpulse

Action/Adventure  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 2010s

• Mad Max Fury Road
    • Skyfall
    • Captain America: Winter Soldier
    • Logan
    • Avengers: Endgame
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum
    • John Wick

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 09:00 PM

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

action/adventure

True in a way, but what is adventure?  Indiana Jones?  Maybe but comparing them, no thanks, I would rather watch a massive chase scene with post apocalyptic vehicles going through the desert fighting each other.  I would call that a damn good adventure myself, how is it not?  Fury Road is more of an adventure film than John Wick that is for dang sure.

All depends on the competition, Jurassic Park will be my #1 in the 90s category and that is with crazy competition in the 90s.  But not all films are a typical National Treasure type adventure with the tomb raiding and what not.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

When nominating best action film, yes I am.  Is an action film not supposed to have action in it then?  I guess not based, on some nominations which are apparently just what movie people like regardless of the category.  

I think Fury Road is action packed so yeah it kind of matters in this category.  

So then is the best comedy movie the one with the most jokes?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

So then is the best comedy movie the one with the most jokes?

I have no idea what you are getting at, so the best comedy is not the one that is the funniest and the best action movie is not the one with the most action in it?  Great logic.  I still do not buy the comic book movie love here but whatever, going to be a close call, and if Fury Road goes down as an action/adventure film to a comic book movie, that will be sad.  

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It is strange how Action/Adventure has near unanimously been decreed the super hero genre 

Is it?  I mean, have you not seen the Marvel movies?  They're great.

I voted for Endgame.  Crown jewel in a story bigger in scope than anything I can think of that Hollywood has done.  And even after like 30 movies preceding it, it managed to defy expectations.  Screw whoever voted that Infinity War is better than it (it's great too).

57 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I have no idea what you are getting at, so the best comedy is not the one that is the funniest and the best action movie is not the one with the most action in it?  Great logic.  I still do not buy the comic book movie love here but whatever, going to be a close call, and if Fury Road goes down as an action/adventure film to a comic book movie, that will be sad.  

You changed the question from most to best when talking about action and comedy.

If the best action movie is the one with the most action, then does that mean the comedy movie with the most jokes is the best? It doesn't, otherwise Disaster Movie or Epic Movie should have won best comedy.

My point is that execution absolutely matters. I don't care if a movie is non-stop action if I don't care about the characters or the action is tough to follow and not choreographed well. Same thing with a comedy movie; I don't care if it's joke after joke if the jokes aren't funny.

This is regardless of Mad Max: Fury Road because that did have well executed action scenes. My issue is simply with the logic. Did you nominate Rambo for best action movie of the 2000s?

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You changed the question from most to best when talking about action and comedy.

If the best action movie is the one with the most action, then does that mean the comedy movie with the most jokes is the best? It doesn't, otherwise Disaster Movie or Epic Movie should have won best comedy.

My point is that execution absolutely matters. I don't care if a movie is non-stop action if I don't care about the characters or the action is tough to follow and not choreographed well. Same thing with a comedy movie; I don't care if it's joke after joke if the jokes aren't funny.

This is regardless of Mad Max: Fury Road because that did have well executed action scenes. My issue is simply with the logic. Did you nominate Rambo for best action movie of the 2000s?

No I would not nominate Rambo, I never cared much for that film.  And what the hell are you talking about, Disaster Movie or Epic Movie should won best comedy?  In what freaking world is that?  PS no freaking way they have more comedy lines and or sequences than say Dumb and Dumber.  My entire point was based on Mad Max Fury Road being action packed and absolutely top of the line quality action compared to all the rest here.  So I see you are just arguing to argue.  Like you said, yes it is not about the number of jokes, it is the fact of are they funny or not, just like action and the difference between quality action.  The most quality and quantity action in a film should win best action film, and that is Mad Max Fury Road in my book.  

But what everyone finds funny and or considers action is different clearly, so there is your massive differences in opinion.

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is it?  I mean, have you not seen the Marvel movies?  They're great.

I voted for Endgame.  Crown jewel in a story bigger in scope than anything I can think of that Hollywood has done.  And even after like 30 movies preceding it, it managed to defy expectations.  Screw whoever voted that Infinity War is better than it (it's great too).

Its strange in that very early on in this process there was no consensus on where super hero movies should fall, but now there seems to be. 

I voted for Winter Soldier 

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Its strange in that very early on in this process there was no consensus on where super hero movies should fall, but now there seems to be. 

I voted for Winter Soldier 

See, that one I think makes sense over Endgame.  The Captain America trilogy didn't suffer the slog in the middle that Thor and Iron Man both did.  Even Avengers' second movie was the weakest.  Say what you want about camp, but the Marvel universe is an astonishing accomplishment.  The fact that so many studios have now tried to copy it and failed miserably shows just how big an accomplishment it is.

Infinity War ending with Thanos' victory was impressive, but Endgame beginning with the gut punch of Hawkeye's family, and the cut to black showing five years passing absolutely shocked me.  Everyone thought that Endgame would have the heroes figuring out a way to get everyone back right away, not five years of struggle and things not really ever going back to normal.

And I absolutely loved fat Thor and the endings for both Captain America and Iron Man as characters.  Couldn't think of better ones.

I also almost voted Logan, which is probably, objectively, a better film, but Engame carries the rest of the Marvel stuff with it.

18 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Blasphemy

I know I am in the minority on that. Lists everywhere all seem to have WS near the top of winter movies. I just ... don't know why. It's by no means a bad movie in any way, but that's why I called it overrated in my book. It's not even the best Cap movie to me - I think the first one still is. 

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I know I am in the minority on that. Lists everywhere all seem to have WS near the top of winter movies. I just ... don't know why. It's by no means a bad movie in any way, but that's why I called it overrated in my book. It's not even the best Cap movie to me - I think the first one still is. 

I enjoy all three Cap movies but TWS is easily my favorite. Ragnarok is the one that gets way too much praise in my book.

• Like 1