Who wins the AFC East?

Apparition

Presuming that the starting QBs are Stidham, Allen, Fitzpatrick and Darnold for the entire season  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Presuming that the starting QBs are Stidham, Allen, Fitzpatrick and Darnold for the entire season

• Bills
    • Dolphins
    • Jets
    • Patriots

I am not counting out Belichick/Patriots until I see a reason with my own eyes and it's going to take more than one season or Belichick retiring to show it. 

My gut says they won't be much this year but history tells me to never count them out until it's all said and done. 

• Like 2

I think Darnold steps up and proves he is the best QB in the division, assuming he gets competent OL play this year, but BUF is so we'll rounded that is probably not enough to win the division.

BUF will be around 10 wins, Jets and Pats I got in the 7-8 win range, with MIA bringing up the rear.

30 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Darnold steps up and proves he is the best QB in the division, assuming he gets competent OL play this year, but BUF is so we'll rounded that is probably not enough to win the division.

BUF will be around 10 wins, Jets and Pats I got in the 7-8 win range, with MIA bringing up the rear.

I like Darnold. As of right now him and Allen are neck-and-neck. You can go either way. The issue with Darnold is he has what looks to be a mediocre-to-bad offensive line (especially weak at tackle unless Becton is ready, which doesn't bode well for a QB), not many weapons unless Mims steps up right away, and Gase as a HC (who I believe is by far the worst coach in the division). This is going to impact his development.

Allen on the other hand has what looks to be a mediocre-to-average offensive line, a very good receiving core, and competent coaching. The variables are all working against Darnold this season. Joe Douglas looks like a competent GM at least. Hopefully Gase doesn't get him the boot (Well, as a Bills fan I'd actually like that very much, haha). 

As for the thread:

Buffalo has the most talent and the 2nd best coach in the division. Pats are hard to count out due to coaching, but their talent level has dropped significantly. Jets and Dolphins are still a ways away. Too many weaknesses on both squads, though I think both defenses are going to be stout. If Allen regresses, then the division is wide open. 

Buffalo- 11-5

Anywhere from 8-12 wins for my Bills. Likely settle around 10 or 11.

Pats- 8-8

Anywhere from 7-10 wins for the Pats. Likely settle around 8-9.

Jets- 7-9

Anywhere from 5-8 wins for the Jets. Likely settle around 7-8.

Dolphins 7-9

Anywhere from 5-8 wins for the Dolphins. Likely settle around 6-7.

Edited by WizeGuy

Bills

Defense is just nasty and they added Diggs/Moss to their offense. Cant ignore what the Jets did either, they somehow won 7 games last year with a pile of a trash at CB, CJ mosley gone and other key starters not playing. It’ll be a tough division for sure and im not counting out the Pats either. It’ll be a 3 team race but I feel like the Bills got the better defense. I dont like what the Jets have to offer pass rush wise. I expect the division winner to be a head by 1 or 2 GB.