Jump to content
Starless

Who wins the AFC East?

Presuming that the starting QBs are Stidham, Allen, Fitzpatrick and Darnold for the entire season  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. Presuming that the starting QBs are Stidham, Allen, Fitzpatrick and Darnold for the entire season

    • Bills
      52
    • Dolphins
      2
    • Jets
      10
    • Patriots
      14


Recommended Posts

I'm really tempted to say that Jets, because they were sneakily competent last year record wise, especially when adjusting for Darnold's mono. That being said, Buffalo is pretty much legit everywhere on that roster, and they just need Josh Allen to not be a train wreck, so I don't think that I can go against Buffalo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills.

Top D and now it appears they have a legit O to compliment it with the addition of Diggs, hard to pick against them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills are the best team on paper but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t win the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets beating the Pats. 

So you were all lying when you said it's all down to BB weren't you xD

Turns out TB really WAS worth 8 wins a seasons on his own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really tempted to say that Jets, because they were sneakily competent last year record wise, especially when adjusting for Darnold's mono. That being said, Buffalo is pretty much legit everywhere on that roster, and they just need Josh Allen to not be a train wreck, so I don't think that I can go against Buffalo. 

I'm pretty much right there with you on this one. Jets could surprise some people this year if Darnold stays on track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not convinced Belichick even wants to win it.  Their biggest free agent moves were Marquise Lee and Beau Allen. You can point to cap space but there are a ton of easy moves they could’ve made to clear space. He knows he’s not going to win a Super Bowl without a QB. I think they’re going to tank, get Lawrence, and next spring Belichick is going to build the Death Star.

And in the mean time Buffalo runs away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m not convinced Belichick even wants to win it.  Their biggest free agent moves were Marquise Lee and Beau Allen. You can point to cap space but there are a ton of easy moves they could’ve made to clear space. He knows he’s not going to win a Super Bowl without a QB. I think they’re going to tank, get Lawrence, and next spring Belichick is going to build the Death Star.

And in the mean time Buffalo runs away with it.

Not happening.  The patriots are not going 1-15 with their roster. The patriots won games without Brady, they are gonna be competitive. 

That defense is really good still.

Bills are the on paper favorites, we shall see if they live up to the hype. I personally am not a fan of Josh Allen and his throwing ability, I think he's one of those qbs you just try to not lose you games.  Imo his best quality is his ability to run. Great defense,  great wrs, good ol run game.

Dolphins draft was luckily not as good as it could have been.  Parker was a monster last season,  if he's healthy and stays the same where you can loft a ball in the air and he'll just grab it that's good for them.  Better run gsme is gonna happen.  Their defense is improved, still don't see them as great but they might compete. Out of the ot drsfted round 1 I think Jackson has highest bust potential. He was a turnstile in college, hes being drafted for what he could be one day.  

Jets, I'm a firm believer in Sam Darnold.  I think he has high upside and is the type of qb who can carry teams,  I've saw him in the worst scenario ever last season and still had a winning record. The ol is improved, we'll see how much. I think Bell has a bounce back season with a improved ol last season hw had no chance. Becton I think at the least is gonna be a plus run blocker to start, his pass protection is more of a question though he has the talent to be great at it as well. The defense can be snesky good, mosley back is a nice addition.  No shutdown cb or elite edge, but great vs the run and could be stingy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Bills are the on paper favorites, we shall see if they live up to the hype. I personally am not a fan of Josh Allen and his throwing ability, I think he's one of those qbs you just try to not lose you games

Maybe so far in his career. But that has absolutely been by design with a Conservative HC at the helm and the 2018 roster in regards to offensive play makers being well below par. 

Last season saw a jump in talent across the board and the leash was looser on Allen. 8 games with 30+ passes (5-3 record). 

This season with Diggs on board, Browns as a WR2 and Knox further developed, I imagine that number jumps again as McDermott and Co want/need to see Allen with full reins of the offense. 

There’s a common theme this off-season that QBs X, Y and Z can or should improve Because of reasons A, B and C but Allen is a finished product who’s carried by his defense and the Bills won’t go anywhere because of him. Intriguing stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only saw a couple of Allen's games last year and each time I was like "why do all these receivers keep dropping passes?" But then I remembered I'm a Dolphins fan so I'm used to seeing receivers drop passes. 

Gotta go with Buffalo to take the division title, though they will miss DE Shaq Lawson...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Maybe so far in his career. But that has absolutely been by design with a Conservative HC at the helm and the 2018 roster in regards to offensive play makers being well below par. 

Last season saw a jump in talent across the board and the leash was looser on Allen. 8 games with 30+ passes (5-3 record). 

This season with Diggs on board, Browns as a WR2 and Knox further developed, I imagine that number jumps again as McDermott and Co want/need to see Allen with full reins of the offense. 

There’s a common theme this off-season that QBs X, Y and Z can or should improve Because of reasons A, B and C but Allen is a finished product who’s carried by his defense and the Bills won’t go anywhere because of him. Intriguing stuff. 

Its just what I see, inaccurate qbs rarely get accurate.  I see a poor man's version of Cam Newton when I think Josh Allen.  He has everything around him.to put up big numbers next season so we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

There’s a common theme this off-season that QBs X, Y and Z can or should improve Because of reasons A, B and C but Allen is a finished product who’s carried by his defense and the Bills won’t go anywhere because of him. Intriguing stuff. 

Honestly, I think it's in part because no one wants to imagine the Bills if Allen does take that next step lol.

I'm not convinced it happens, but it's not like I watched every Buffalo game... Accuracy is just such a hard weakness to overcome, meaning he's going to have to overcompensate elsewhere to really take that leap forward. In that respect I think the odds are stacked against him, but not to the point where I'm naive enough to think he's a finished product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its just what I see, inaccurate qbs rarely get accurate.  I see a poor man's version of Cam Newton when I think Josh Allen.  He has everything around him.to put up big numbers next season so we'll see.

 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Honestly, I think it's in part because no one wants to imagine the Bills if Allen does take that next step lol.

I'm not convinced it happens, but it's not like I watched every Buffalo game... Accuracy is just such a hard weakness to overcome, meaning he's going to have to overcompensate elsewhere to really take that leap forward. In that respect I think the odds are stacked against him, but not to the point where I'm naive enough to think he's a finished product. 

The thing is- Allen improved his accuracy by 6% over the previous season. That's insane. His QBR also went up 17.4 points, which is a great sign. For reference- Sam Darnold's accuracy went up 3.2% and his QBR increased by 6.7. That's still a good sign since a lot of QBs flame out in their 2nd year, but it's obvious which QB is improving at a faster rate. That may be due to better coaching, better personnel, Allen being incredibly raw coming out of college, or a mix of everything, but it's hard to believe you can be sold on Sam Darnold and not Josh Allen given context.

That being said, I think both of them have a lot of good qualities and some major flaws they need to get over. I'm not sold on either of them yet, but they both are showing glimpses of becoming that franchise guy. I have them neck-and-neck, but have to give the nod to Allen going forward due to better coaching, personnel, and of course personal bias (haha).

If Sam does takes a big step next year, then the Jets will be a damn good football team. Your defense is going to be top-10, imo. I <3 your defensive coordinator. 

Edited by WizeGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I'm not convinced it happens, but it's not like I watched every Buffalo game... Accuracy is just such a hard weakness to overcome, meaning he's going to have to overcompensate elsewhere to really take that leap forward. In that respect I think the odds are stacked against him, but not to the point where I'm naive enough to think he's a finished product. 

 

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its just what I see, inaccurate qbs rarely get accurate.  I see a poor man's version of Cam Newton when I think Josh Allen.  He has everything around him.to put up big numbers next season so we'll see.

In regards to both your comments about accuracy:

For sure, I agree that accuracy is not something people often, if ever overcome especially at the pro level. But he has already shown improvement in that area and the addition of Diggs could take his numbers to another level. Of course, in the same breath he could just as easily regress and become a hero ball player again like his rookie season or early last year. 

I certainly don't think he'll ever be Drew Brees or Peyton Manning as a thrower but I've seen enough inaccurate QB's be successful in the NFL over extended periods of time due to their other skills to believe Josh can be that guy as opposed to the other end of the spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

The thing is- Allen improved his accuracy by 6% over the previous season. That's insane. His QBR also went up 17.4 points, which is a great sign. For reference- Sam Darnold's accuracy went up 3.2% and his QBR increased by 6.7. That's still a good sign since a lot of QBs flame out in their 2nd year, but it's obvious which QB is improving at a faster rate. That may be due to better coaching, better personnel, Allen being incredibly raw coming out of college, or a mix of everything, but it's hard to believe you can be sold on Sam Darnold and not Josh Allen given context.

That being said, I think both of them have a lot of good qualities and some major flaws they need to get over. I'm not sold on either of them yet, but they both are showing glimpses of becoming that franchise guy. I have them neck-and-neck, but have to give the nod to Allen going forward due to better coaching, personnel, and of course personal bias (haha).

If Sam does takes a big step next year, then the Jets will be a damn good football team. Your defense is going to be top-10, imo. I <3 your defensive coordinator. 

It's not that I'm necessarily sold on Sam, given the circumstances he's been nearly impossible to evaluate... But, when you actually watch the tape you see flashes of immense talent - It's just not consistent because everything around him is falling apart. As Todd McShay said, he's done the most with the least of any of these young QBs. There's just so much unknown because of uncontrollable variables: Mono, pitiful OL play, lack of supporting cast and having to learn a new system. 

Whereas with Allen, he's been easier to evaluate. That's not to say he can't improve, but we know more about the player he is. Also, using statistics to conclude one is improving at a faster rate is completely arbitrary - I would hope Allen's accuracy increased more, it's a lot easier to improve when you start at 52%.

I think both can be GREAT, but Sam is the safer pick considering he's already playing at the same level despite everything working against him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, WizeGuy said:

 

The thing is- Allen improved his accuracy by 6% over the previous season. That's insane. His QBR also went up 17.4 points, which is a great sign. For reference- Sam Darnold's accuracy went up 3.2% and his QBR increased by 6.7. That's still a good sign since a lot of QBs flame out in their 2nd year, but it's obvious which QB is improving at a faster rate. That may be due to better coaching, better personnel, Allen being incredibly raw coming out of college, or a mix of everything, but it's hard to believe you can be sold on Sam Darnold and not Josh Allen given context.

That being said, I think both of them have a lot of good qualities and some major flaws they need to get over. I'm not sold on either of them yet, but they both are showing glimpses of becoming that franchise guy. I have them neck-and-neck, but have to give the nod to Allen going forward due to better coaching, personnel, and of course personal bias (haha).

If Sam does takes a big step next year, then the Jets will be a damn good football team. Your defense is going to be top-10, imo. I <3 your defensive coordinator. 

Stats are nice, but there is more to them. Sam has been dealt nothing but adversity since he entered the league. He was placed onto a bad team and went through coaching changes, had a historically bad OL this past season, no run game, average to bad WRs, and injuries all over the field.  

Allen was placed onto a team that had consistency, no major changes. Had a quality OL, very good run game, WRs that made plays for him, and a great defense that held teams in check. Allen now has Diggs so he really should explode.  When I base my opinions its on more than stats, I go on what I see. I don't think Allen is a bum, his running ability is nice. I just don't think hes all that as a passer.  He did start reverting to a 48% passer to end the season as well. 

Hopefully now that the Jets seem to have a competent GM running things, they can start getting talent around Sam. But the issues never been because of Sam, usually he had to carry them. He had nothing to lean on, not a thing.  I am hopeful that Bell is gonna have a bounce back year with a better OL, that OL last season had him last in the league with Yards before contact, basically he was hit in the backfield constantly.  WRs are questions. Perriman for Anderson, they are banking that Perriman is more towards what he showed to end the season. Mims I have high hopes, I thought he was going round 1 and I love his speed and athleticism. He can make those circus grabs that Darnold rarely had. the Covid-19 factor might screw with developments though. They really need Chris Herndon to stay healthy, he was looking like a stud as a rookie then last season gets suspended and injured.  If they can stay healthy and Darnold breaks out, this team could surprise, who knows. I don't trust Adam Gase, but he did put together a good coaching staff overall (Beside Loggains), and he was the main reason for a incompetent GM being fired and the biggest GM hire the team had in decades.  Gase has to show something this season.  At times his offenses are brilliant designs, then they just go to garbage for periods. He is bad at adjusting IMO.  But it was hard to do anything with a historically bad OL. 

Edited by NYJets4716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×