Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Quinton Dunbar Situation

Recommended Posts

It's a very interesting situation. End of day, whether he's exonerated or not, I think there should be little doubt in people's minds that he is guilty of something. It will be interesting to see how this impacts his standing with the team if he's ruled free of all wrongdoing. 

Regardless, this will decrease his value on the open market for the 2021 offseason. That could either be seen as a positive for us as he's cheaper to retain, or a negative as he fetches us less value from a compensatory standpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It's a very interesting situation. End of day, whether he's exonerated or not, I think there should be little doubt in people's minds that he is guilty of something. It will be interesting to see how this impacts his standing with the team if he's ruled free of all wrongdoing. 

Regardless, this will decrease his value on the open market for the 2021 offseason. That could either be seen as a positive for us as he's cheaper to retain, or a negative as he fetches us less value from a compensatory standpoint. 

Why would his status with the team be impacted if he's cleared of all wrongdoing?  Also, I think this will have no impact on his free agency next season assuming he's cleared of all charges and he has a great season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, showtime said:

Why would his status with the team be impacted if he's cleared of all wrongdoing?  Also, I think this will have no impact on his free agency next season assuming he's cleared of all charges and he has a great season.

I suppose it will depend on how exactly he is cleared of wrongdoing. Under the current circumstances where perjury seems fairly likely, I would think it would leave a sour taste in the mouths of the FO to reward him with a starting job. With that said, I'll reserve judgment for due process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 12:57 PM, showtime said:

Why would his status with the team be impacted if he's cleared of all wrongdoing?  Also, I think this will have no impact on his free agency next season assuming he's cleared of all charges and he has a great season.

Because the NFL is stupid. Elliott was never convicted or formally charged with domestic violence (from what I saw/read it was his bat **** crazy girlfriend that likely inflicted wounds herself) and yet was still suspended... because.... reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I suppose it will depend on how exactly he is cleared of wrongdoing. Under the current circumstances where perjury seems fairly likely, I would think it would leave a sour taste in the mouths of the FO to reward him with a starting job. With that said, I'll reserve judgment for due process. 

I think he was going to compete for a starting spot with your corners anyway, especially given how Dunbar has some injury history- which could be a direct result of our poor S&C staff while he's been here.  

As a Redskins fan, I like Dunbar.  Until this off-season, there was never any issue with him at all.  He wanted a contract extension, and Rivera doesn't want to hand out extensions to anyone until they've played for him.  Given the culture he is inheriting, that is completely understandable and I agree with it.  Dunbar seems to have taken this very personally and has gone off the deep end via social media ever since.  

But there was never anything that indicated this.  He made the transition to corner without complaint.  He climbed his way to the top of the depth chart.  Along the way, he will make $12 million in NFL salary by the end of the 2020 season.  I'm hoping that there is more to his involvement than we are being led to believe right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think he was going to compete for a starting spot with your corners anyway, especially given how Dunbar has some injury history- which could be a direct result of our poor S&C staff while he's been here.  

As a Redskins fan, I like Dunbar.  Until this off-season, there was never any issue with him at all.  He wanted a contract extension, and Rivera doesn't want to hand out extensions to anyone until they've played for him.  Given the culture he is inheriting, that is completely understandable and I agree with it.  Dunbar seems to have taken this very personally and has gone off the deep end via social media ever since.  

But there was never anything that indicated this.  He made the transition to corner without complaint.  He climbed his way to the top of the depth chart.  Along the way, he will make $12 million in NFL salary by the end of the 2020 season.  I'm hoping that there is more to his involvement than we are being led to believe right now.  

I'm really hoping he wasn't involved in any of this.  Dunbar is expected to be a very important piece on the defense this upcoming season, at least that's my expectation.  One of the reasons the Seahawks lost to the Packers in the divisional round is because the CBs opposite of Griffin were getting absolutely torched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a lot of updates on this, other than DeAndre Baker's lawyer seems pretty adamant that his client will be ruled innocent (and his case seemed like more of an uphill battle than Dunbar's). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

Not a lot of updates on this, other than DeAndre Baker's lawyer seems pretty adamant that his client will be ruled innocent (and his case seemed like more of an uphill battle than Dunbar's). 

I noticed this as well.  I wonder what happens if this takes a long time to conclude.  For example, if this lingers into the actual season, does Dunbar not play at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, showtime said:

I noticed this as well.  I wonder what happens if this takes a long time to conclude.  For example, if this lingers into the actual season, does Dunbar not play at all?

From what I know of the revised restrictions on league punishment, the players will be able to play under team discretion through due process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 12:58 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

From what I know of the revised restrictions on league punishment, the players will be able to play under team discretion through due process. 

Since both guys are saying this entire thing is a misunderstanding, I'm hoping it can be resolved ASAP.  Dunbar is going to be huge for Seattle this season, so if he has to miss games it will hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete spoke on Dunbar and heavily implied that they expect him to play this season. He's reportedly still participating in all virtual meetings and such (which I believe the Giants have blocked DeAndre Baker from). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure everyone knows by now, but Dunbar officially had all charges dropped and was removed from the Commissioners Exempt list. 
 

He’s immediately available for practice and I am psyched to see this secondary with he and Jamal back there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...