Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Quinton Dunbar Situation

It's a very interesting situation. End of day, whether he's exonerated or not, I think there should be little doubt in people's minds that he is guilty of something. It will be interesting to see how this impacts his standing with the team if he's ruled free of all wrongdoing. 

Regardless, this will decrease his value on the open market for the 2021 offseason. That could either be seen as a positive for us as he's cheaper to retain, or a negative as he fetches us less value from a compensatory standpoint. 

22 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It's a very interesting situation. End of day, whether he's exonerated or not, I think there should be little doubt in people's minds that he is guilty of something. It will be interesting to see how this impacts his standing with the team if he's ruled free of all wrongdoing. 

Regardless, this will decrease his value on the open market for the 2021 offseason. That could either be seen as a positive for us as he's cheaper to retain, or a negative as he fetches us less value from a compensatory standpoint. 

Why would his status with the team be impacted if he's cleared of all wrongdoing?  Also, I think this will have no impact on his free agency next season assuming he's cleared of all charges and he has a great season.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, showtime said:

Why would his status with the team be impacted if he's cleared of all wrongdoing?  Also, I think this will have no impact on his free agency next season assuming he's cleared of all charges and he has a great season.

I suppose it will depend on how exactly he is cleared of wrongdoing. Under the current circumstances where perjury seems fairly likely, I would think it would leave a sour taste in the mouths of the FO to reward him with a starting job. With that said, I'll reserve judgment for due process.