Ranking The Roster - #4

TitanLegend

Who is the 4th best player on the Titans roster?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 4th best player on the Titans roster?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Jayon Brown
    • Adoree Jackson
    • Rashaan Evans
    • Rodger Saffold
    • AJ Brown
    • Ben Jones
    • Malcolm Butler
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Jeffrey Simmons

After a sluggish start to his season, Lewan returned to form and was truly dominant in the run game, helping Henry earn the rushing title, and earning himself the #3 spot on our ranking the roster series.

source.gif

List so far:

1. Derrick Henry
  2. Kevin Byard
  3. Taylor Lewan

Who do you have for #4?

There’s definitely a few people to pick from

I went Adoree Jackson

No one harder on him than me but when you really break down what the kid has done he’s the top CB on this team and one of the best in the league that no one knows

I know he missed Dec so the stats arnt a full season worth but did I see a stat some where he only gave up 1 TD last season?

I feel like everytime he plays a big named WR he usually does well more times than not

I feel like his play is what made the Titans decide they didn’t have to over pay for Logan Ryan and where able to draft Fulton

If Adoree plays week 15 vs Houston the Titans might have won the division

Also dont think it’s a coincidence that Adorees return is another reason where the Titans Defense was really good vs NE and Baltimore and a half vs KC

Edited by Titans fan 617
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

There’s definitely a few people to pick from

I went Adoree Jackson

No one harder on him than me but when you really break down what the kid has done he’s the top CB on this team and one of the best in the league that no one knows

I know he missed Dec so the stats arnt a full season worth but did I see a star some where he only gave up 1 TD last season?

I feel like everytime he plays a big named WR he usually does well more times than not

I feel like his play is what made the Titans decide they didn’t have to over pay for Logan Ryan and where able to draft Fulton

If Adoree plays week 15 vs Houston the Titans might have won the division

Also dont think it’s a coincidence that Adorees return is another reason where the Titans Defense was really good vs NE and Baltimore and a half vs KC

PFF has him with 1 TD allowed during the regular season(against BUF), yes. They also say he allowed one vs KC in the AFCCG.

There's this from PFF too:

• Like 1

I usually vote based on play last year plus my expectations for the player for the upcoming season. So, I too went with Adoree.

When we drafted him, I felt it'd be about 3 years before he really starts to get it at CB. In year 4, I think he has his true breakout year.

The voting is getting tough though. 

Edited by TitanSlim

Adoree. He’s become our best corner and finally becoming more consistent. Earlier in his career he’d have games where he’d lockdown a good receiver and then the very next week look completely lost against mediocre receivers.  I was tempted to go with Brown but same with Adoree. There were games where Brown disappeared. Sure the run game was dominant most of the time but I need my top guy to get open more often. Definitely on his way though. 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Adoree. He’s become our best corner and finally becoming more consistent. Earlier in his career he’d have games where he’d lockdown a good receiver and then the very next week look completely lost against mediocre receivers.  I was tempted to go with Brown but same with Adoree. There were games where Brown disappeared. Sure the run game was dominant most of the time but I need my top guy to get open more often. Definitely on his way though. 

He wouldn’t say look completely lost because again the only WR that has torched Adoree that isn’t an all pro or pro bowler is Will fuller. He just struggled with being consistent. He couldn’t defend a slant route to save his life early on though 😂😂😂

Ended up voting for Rashaan Evans.  It's a tough call with the next several guys, and I know Adoree is getting better, but he did have some significant moments of blown coverage.  I don't remember that from Evans.  Razor thin margin though.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ended up voting for Rashaan Evans.  It's a tough call with the next several guys, and I know Adoree is getting better, but he did have some significant moments of blown coverage.  I don't remember that from Evans.  Razor thin margin though.

Whaaaaat it’s no secret Evans can not cover at all he’s one of the worst coverage LB’s in the league. And other than the fumble against Jacksonville I don’t remember Adoree having any bad games, he missed like 4-5 games due to the injury & Tyreke hill got em but he held his own against OBJ, Julio I can name a few others but until he got hurt we had the record for keeping #1 WR’s under a 100 yards. We just play too much zone my opinion & have no pass rush 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Whaaaaat it’s no secret Evans can not cover at all he’s one of the worst coverage LB’s in the league. And other than the fumble against Jacksonville I don’t remember Adoree having any bad games, he missed like 4-5 games due to the injury & Tyreke hill got em but he held his own against OBJ, Julio I can name a few others but until he got hurt we had the record for keeping #1 WR’s under a 100 yards. We just play too much zone my opinion & have no pass rush 

Just a small funny stat but the last 2 games against Brady and the Pats, Brady has no passing TDs

One of those games Adoree was on Gordon and in Gillette in the playoffs Adoree shut down everyone he covered 

I know that’s one opponent and doesn’t tell the big picture story but I still think Adoree is very underrated around the league and really is a key piece to our secondary being so solid 

• Like 1

I've been so, so, so wary of calling AJ Brown a legitimately "arrived" NFL receiver due to my past bad experiences with expecting things out of Titans WRs, even ones who put up good tape. That said, something about him feels different to me than what we've seen in the past. I think the Titans legitimately have a true weapon in the pass game at that position for the first time since D-Mase. 

It's been a long drought at that position, and look: AJ might not be the actual 4th best player on the team, but I think the overall threat that he provides creates enough overall value for me to give him the nod there. 

32 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I've been so, so, so wary of calling AJ Brown a legitimately "arrived" NFL receiver due to my past bad experiences with expecting things out of Titans WRs, even ones who put up good tape. That said, something about him feels different to me than what we've seen in the past. I think the Titans legitimately have a true weapon in the pass game at that position for the first time since D-Mase. 

It's been a long drought at that position, and look: AJ might not be the actual 4th best player on the team, but I think the overall threat that he provides creates enough overall value for me to give him the nod there. 

You meant Kenny Britt dude was a beast just short term 😫😭

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You meant Kenny Britt dude was a beast just short term 😫😭

That's kinda what I'm saying. I'm half-expecting an AJ Brown flameout because that's what Titans WRs do. Let's just say I'm not calling up the AJ Brown owner about a trade in my dynasty league anytime soon, but for this year and what I'd expect, given what we've seen on the field, he deserves to be treated among our best players. He's certainly one of the Titans I'm the most excited to watch play.

28 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

That's kinda what I'm saying. I'm half-expecting an AJ Brown flameout because that's what Titans WRs do. Let's just say I'm not calling up the AJ Brown owner about a trade in my dynasty league anytime soon, but for this year and what I'd expect, given what we've seen on the field, he deserves to be treated among our best players. He's certainly one of the Titans I'm the most excited to watch play.

Yea true DGB looked good his rookie yr, Kendall showed promise I totally get it