Fat, Beard Man Throws an Oblong Object to Athletic Humans

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He looks about as in shape as he normally does. Not as fat as the mainstream fan thinks, but definitely a “dad-bod.”

The main thing I noticed is it looks like he lost some upper body muscle in his arms, chest, and shoulders. This is to be expected after months of rehabbing from serious elbow surgery and Ben has never been “jacked” by any means but I hope this doesn’t effect his play style too much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The main thing I noticed is it looks like he lost some upper body muscle in his arms, chest, and shoulders. This is to be expected after months of rehabbing from serious elbow surgery and Ben has never been “jacked” by any means but I hope this doesn’t effect his play style too much. 

I think it’ll take until mid season, at least, for his arm to get back into shape. He should be able to build some muscle back eventually. He doesn’t seem like a “gym rat” type of player, so maybe this is his new normal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He looks about as in shape as he normally does. Not as fat as the mainstream fan thinks, but definitely a “dad-bod.”

Most QBs in their 30s have dad bods, and I dont know of any great QBs that ever looked particularly ripped or muscular. 

Not worried about that at all.

More worried about his timing in game and how his arm will hold up during the season.   Part of the reason I was hoping we would invest in the running game more than the passing game.  Ben shouldnt be treated like he is 2010 Ben. 

• Like 3

some people think his arm might actually be stronger than it was the last few yrs, that's interesting.I guess my worry is in his accuracy, timing, rust etc..

also just found out I was blocked by his twitter acount xD

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, August4th said:

some people think his arm might actually be stronger than it was the last few yrs, that's interesting.I guess my worry is in his accuracy, timing, rust etc..

also just found out I was blocked by his twitter acount xD

I think the reason people believe his arm will be stronger is the fact that he is supposedly throwing without pain for the first time in a few years.

However, as I stated, Im more worried about his arm stamina over the course of the season.   Still a few months to work on that though.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think the reason people believe his arm will be stronger is the fact that he is supposedly throwing without pain for the first time in a few years.

However, as I stated, Im more worried about his arm stamina over the course of the season.   Still a few months to work on that though.

I agree. I think they will lean on the run game and let Ben manage for awhile. He’ll have to get back to more than a game manager if we want to win in the playoffs, though. I think Ben throwing 25-30 times a game early in the year is ideal. Some games under 25 throws even. Honestly, it’s probably the best way to win with our current roster. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wonder if his elbow is the main reason why his deep ball accuracy went down over the last few yrs

he was one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL around 2015, but the accuracy of his deep ball went down south around 2017-18ish..I thought it was just age and miscommunication with his receivers, but maybe it was always the elbow to blame.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree. I think they will lean on the run game and let Ben manage for awhile. He’ll have to get back to more than a game manager if we want to win in the playoffs, though. I think Ben throwing 25-30 times a game early in the year is ideal. Some games under 25 throws even. Honestly, it’s probably the best way to win with our current roster. 

I agree with this

rather see Ben the game manager than Ben the gunslinger at 38

I think he can be 2019 Jimmy G/Ryan Tannehill good which is good enough to get us in a deep playoff run with this defense we have

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Need Conner to stay healthy, though.  That and our run blocking is my primary concern.  Without that, Ben will be FORCED to pass more, and I dont trust Randy Fitchner at all.

• Like 1