Worst Teams to Make the Super Bowl

Jotun_Fan

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Elway is one of the more underrated of the elite QB's in history IMO. 

Agree. What I respect about Elways is he truly made his teams better by being there. He was NOT a product of the system or talent around him. Yet once he DID get the talent around him, they went back to back. He's maybe the only QB in history that I feel certain if you put him on a "2-14" team that team would still win 7 games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How’s everyone figuring the 2011 Giants are worse than the 2011 Patriots who they swept? And 2011 was arguably Green Bay’s best team since they won the Super Bowl and NY straight up curb stomped them.

Yeah I didn't really feel like getting into it, but the Giants WERE the better team in that SB. I think some people kind of carry over the narrative from '07 to '11, as if it was another example of David beating Goliath. The Patriots were flawed that year.

• Like 1

Teams that snuck in by the other team missing field goals or something. I find it humorous that anyone could think the 2000 Ravens who allowed the least amount of points in the history of the game as a worst team to be in a Super Bowl, it isn't just about offense! Same with the 2012 Ravens, beating Luck, Manning, and Brady to beat a very good 49ers team is not what I'd call a bad team by any stretch.

How about LA Rams v Patriots... worst Super Bowl ever. Replace either team and it would have been a better game...

2 hours ago, Silver said:

Teams that snuck in by the other team missing field goals or something. I find it humorous that anyone could think the 2000 Ravens who allowed the least amount of points in the history of the game as a worst team to be in a Super Bowl, it isn't just about offense! Same with the 2012 Ravens, beating Luck, Manning, and Brady to beat a very good 49ers team is not what I'd call a bad team by any stretch.

How about LA Rams v Patriots... worst Super Bowl ever. Replace either team and it would have been a better game...

ANY team that can win it all with Trent Dilfer at QB is certainly NOT one of the worst Super Bowl teams ever. 

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 3

It wasn't a great game but it was nowhere near the worst SB ever and both teams were very good, so... what are you talking about?

• Like 1

I don't think anyone in this thread has said that Baltimore 2000 was of the worst teams to win, only that the 2000 Giants were and that super bowl was awful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

It wasn't a great game but it was nowhere near the worst SB ever and both teams were very good, so... what are you talking about?

At least that game was somewhat in doubt. Many say SB5 (Colts 16, Cowboys 13) was the worst ever, because of the turnovers, but the Colts won it on a last second field goal, so at least there was suspense. 

The worst Super Bowls ever? To me it's the blowout games and there are many of those. That Niners/Broncos Super Bowl was completely useless. Not even sure I finished watching that trainwreck. Broncos were in a couple of those, Niners dusting of San Diego and Dallas routing of Buffalo also qualify as dumpster fire games. 

• Like 1

Just now, kwolf68 said:

At least that game was somewhat in doubt. Many say SB5 (Colts 16, Cowboys 13) was the worst ever, because of the turnovers, but the Colts won it on a last second field goal, so at least there was suspense. 

The worst Super Bowls ever? To me it's the blowout games and there are many of those. That Niners/Broncos Super Bowl was completely useless. Not even sure I finished watching that trainwreck. Broncos were in a couple of those, Niners dusting of San Diego and Dallas routing of Buffalo also qualify as dumpster fire games. 

The worst within my lifetime were Ravens-Giants and Bucs-Raiders. 

At least the 49ers-Chargers game had Young and Rice putting on an absolute clinic as a reason to tune in.

• Like 2

Just now, Starless said:

The worst within my lifetime were Ravens-Giants and Bucs-Raiders. 

At least the 49ers-Chargers game had Young and Rice putting on an absolute clinic as a reason to tune in.

Yea, those were another two crap-tastic Super Bowls for sure. The Niners/Chargers game was just sad, as it literally looked like a 49ers practice. For me the easiest worst was that Niners/Broncos game. The score of 55-10 (I think) was actually much closer than the game indicated. 

Bears 46-10 over New England was a blowout, but as a Bears fan I'd never say that one was a bad game, but New England had -30 yards or something at half time and the game was pretty much over so non Bears fans had to be sleeping. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 4:58 AM, Starless said:

wouldn't say the 2018 pats were all that good as team. elite defense for sure but that offense was dire by the end of the year (i know what they did to the chiefs the week prior)

13 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

wouldn't say the 2018 pats were all that good as team. elite defense for sure but that offense was dire by the end of the year (i know what they did to the chiefs the week prior)

The 2018 Pats put up 41 points on the Chargers in the Divisional. 

They were not “dire”. Just another great Patriots team. Yeah, they weren’t the 85 Bears, 92 Cowboys, or 04 Pats, but they were still good enough to beat both LA teams by 2 scores and they are the only team to ever beat Mahomes in the playoffs. 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Daniel said:

08 Cardinals and 03 Panthers come to mind.

The freakin’ Eagles lost to both of these teams lol

Edit: Even after handily beating both of them in the regular season 

Edited by RBreezy