Who's the MJ of Football?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the MJ of Football?

• Tom Brady
    • Jerry Rice
    • Other (explain)

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

You gotta be ******* kidding me.

Fury lost the first fight against Wilder IMO, and that tells me that Fury is close him in terms of skill overall. And there is no way in hell you are going to convince me that a street fight style of Wilder is going to stand a chance against Ali. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Fury lost the first fight against Wilder IMO, and that tells me that Fury is close him in terms of skill overall. And there is no way in hell you are going to convince me that a street fight style of Wilder is going to stand a chance against Ali. 

Some kindergarden logic right there, Fury's a much bigger man so he'll dominate Ali in a boxing match? Tyson goddamn Fury will dominate Ali? lmfao holy shiiet I've heard it all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

Some kindergarden logic right there, Fury's a much bigger man so he'll dominate Ali in a boxing match? Tyson goddamn Fury will dominate Ali? lmfao holy shiiet I've heard it all

Wait, what? Did you even read my post and ignore the fact that I gave you a football because I agreed with you? 

Talk about logic....

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Wait, what? Did you even read my post and ignore the fact that I gave you a football because I agreed with you? 

Talk about logic....

I was referring to the other guy

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who? 

All the best boxers Ali beat were WAY shorter than Fury. The only one that really came close was Ernie Terrell and he was 6'6 212.5lbs when they fought. Tyson Fury is 6'9 275

Didn’t seem to be a problem for Wilder, a clearly inferior fighter than Ali, so??

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Didn’t seem to be a problem for Wilder, a clearly inferior fighter than Ali, so??

Yeah, it's not like Fury killed the dude in the second fight and was just coming off a stupid long retirement layoff in their first fight. 

Wilder is even notably bigger than Ali. 

Also, and I hate to point this out, but Ali is far from a perfect technical fighter by today's standards. The game has evolved in 50 years.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, Plat2 said:

You've shown your lack of knowledge about basketball being wrong numerous times in this thread already, this just adds to the list. Your credibility when it comes to basketball is pretty much reduced to ashes.

I can see how someone can think that Kobe played in a tougher era, but "not really close" lmfao. You either didn't watch basketball before 2000 or you have a hidden agenda.

I’ve been watching since 1991. You would take the top ten shooting guards of the 90’s over the SG’s of the 00’s? It’s really not close. The overall talent and athleticism just wasn’t there.  Lol John Starks made an all star team 

Edited by CP3MVP

So to recap, Jordan isn’t the all time leader in championships  or league MVPs, he doesn’t lead all time in points scored  assists rebounds steals blocks either. He doesn’t even have the all nba team selections all time at his OWN position.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who? 

All the best boxers Ali beat were WAY shorter than Fury. The only one that really came close was Ernie Terrell and he was 6'6 212.5lbs when they fought. Tyson Fury is 6'9 275

Mike Tyson 5’10

Ali 6’3

Lennox Lewis 6’5

Larry Holmes 6’3 

Joe Louis 6’2

Evander Holyfield 6’2

George Foreman 6’4

So Fury must somehow be the GOAT boxer because he has size on all those legends. 

Again Fury’s only big wins were against Klitschko who was old and way out of his prime by that point and Wilder who has horrible technique who has been derided his entire career for it despite having arguably the best hook in boxing history. And I like Wilder too but he always was one of the most vulnerable and incomplete champions the division ever had.

He’s tall. He’s not a power puncher and never has been, yes he’s got knockouts but it’s mostly been by just continually out boxing guys and getting them on technique (only 3 regular KO’s on his record). How best trait is his footwork. But Ali was amazing at foot work and had better punching technique and could generate more power. Both had good jabs but Ali had one of the most dangerous in the history of boxing. Ali looked great and fought world class fights no matter who he was in the ring with. Fury fights down to his opponent and has gotten in battles with some pretty average opponents. Since he’s been back he needed to go to the judges on a guy who basically wrapped his career after the fight and was already on the downside, nearly got KO’d by Wilder once, beat a complete nobody who it was embarrassing he was even in the same ring in Schwarz and in the only fight against someone decent besides Wilder he needed to go to the judges on Wallin who busted his eye open and gave him a ton of trouble. 

I don’t think people understand, Ali was completely untouchable before he was denied his fighting license over Vietnam. Nobody even champions like Liston and Patterson didn’t look like they belonged in the same ring. Like most people remember him after he lost his prime and after he lost a lot of speed which was his biggest differentiator. And he still beat Frazier twice, Norton twice, Foreman, at 36 he won his title back from a 25 year old Spinks and it wasn’t until he was 38 and fought one of the 3 best heavyweight fighters since him that he finally lost the belt for good. 

I don’t see anyway that anybody just assumes Fury beats him. Taller fighters lose all the time. Ali has more speed, more power, can take more than Fury ever took, has a better jab (and that’s Fury’s strength too), and they are pretty close on footwork but Ali was a Floyd Mayweather type magician. And even if you close the gap I give Ali an even bigger advantage in a brawl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Fury clearly controlled the first fight, apart from the two knock-downs. I personally thought a draw was daylight robbery, but nevermind. 2nd fight showed the difference. 

The problem is that once the second knockdown happened, anything prior to that point was in doubt. Another ref easily stops the fight there. If that happened somewhere else and Fury hits the ropes, Wilder is going to kill him right away and end the fight. So many parts of that went in Fury’s favor and you could still easily argue he should of lost right there, that to me a draw was appropriate. If you assume the two knockdowns were 10-8 rounds, you really just need like a couple more rounds to give to Wilder to get a draw which isn’t that hard as some of the earlier rounds were close. One card was completely ridiculous tbf, but I think a draw was ultimately very appropriate and a good outcome considering the context of the fight. If Wilder loses, the story is going to all be about whether that fight should have been stopped there. 

25 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So to recap, Jordan isn’t the all time leader in championships  or league MVPs, he doesn’t lead all time in points scored  assists rebounds steals blocks either. He doesn’t even have the all nba team selections all time at his OWN position.

I still think Jordan is the GOAT. I just think his legend has become bigger than the reality of his career. He’s not Gretzky where it was him and then 50 miles and everybody else. It’s him and the Kareem, Lebron, Wilt, Russell, Magic are right there in that discussion and a lot of its circumstantial and quite frankly that Jordan had an easier path that most of then and also got the best coach and best teams. Which is kind of funny when people like to hold Brady’s coach and team against him. Brady’s coach has one playoff appearance without him. Jordan’s has 5 titles without him. Jordan teams were littered with talent. Brady’s had solid defenses but he never had a 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos defense. I don’t even know if a Pats defense would make the top 5 of his era. And people attack Lebron for going to Miami and Durant for going to the Warriors. But the Bulls added Rodman in the middle of their run after he already was basically the best defensive player in the league. 

Jordan still has other players you can debate him against much like Brady. 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:29 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

No perfect comparison as stated already, but Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr had the closest type of aura as Jordan. 

Like Jesus reborn but reborn in the body of Rosie O’Donnell