SnoopDogg

Who's the MJ of Football?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the MJ of Football?

• Tom Brady
    • Jerry Rice
    • Other (explain)

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just want to make sure we're on the same page here that (at least in the case of LeBron) leaving your God forsaken team (and if we want to have a conversation about LeBron the GM, that's a more nuanced conversation that I'm here for) to go to a more talented team, is somehow less competitive than just straight up quitting?

Let's be real. The success of the 94 Bulls: being a game away from the Finals, winning 50+ regular season games, and Pippen coming in 3rd in the MVP voting, might be the most damning thing to Jordan's GOAT case in comparison to LeBron.

LeBron's Cavs (admittedly there was more change than just him) lost LeBron and plummeted all the way to the #1 pick.

The 94 Bulls didn't even make the Eastern Conference Finals. 

I agree LeBron is probably 2nd GOAT behind Jordan. LeBron guarantees a team will have regular season success. But his postseason performances are less impressive than Jordan, for sure.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just want to make sure we're on the same page here that (at least in the case of LeBron) leaving your God forsaken team (and if we want to have a conversation about LeBron the GM, that's a more nuanced conversation that I'm here for) to go to a more talented team, is somehow less competitive than just straight up quitting?

Let's be real. The success of the 94 Bulls: being a game away from the Finals, winning 50+ regular season games, and Pippen coming in 3rd in the MVP voting, might be the most damning thing to Jordan's GOAT case in comparison to LeBron.

LeBron's Cavs (admittedly there was more change than just him) lost LeBron and plummeted all the way to the #1 pick.

Why are you assuming that the "godforsaken" Cavs are my team? calm down there little buddy, admit it, that was an all time weak move by Lebron teaming up with 2 other All Stars to beat the big bad Celtics. There is a reason why he got so much backlash by so many NBA fans, well except for the Lebron fanboys. The bottom line is MJ retired after a threepeat, in other words he got tired of winning and Lebron had a hand in creating a superteam because he got tired of losing.

For the record, I absolutely think Lebron has a case for being the GOAT,  but that doesn't mean I can't say that it was a weak move by him in teaming up to create the Heatles and it'll be a negative mark on his career forever whether you like it or not. Like I said that would have been like MJ teaming up with Dominique Wilkins and another All Star after the Pistons eliminated the Bulls 3 straight times...and lets not even bring the Durant situation on here.

Edited by Plat2
  • Like 1