Sign in to follow this  
N4L

Dark Mode

Hi there @Webmaster thank you for doing all that you do

@pwny and I were talking a few weeks ago about some changes to the forum, mainly dark mode. 

I believe this is a necessary upgrade as it will greatly enhance user experience. The majority of other apps/forums out there are implementing a dark mode. It is better for battery life and for my eyes . It would be greatly appreciated if this simple feature could be implemented in a timely manner. 

please and thank you

I would love to have it as well, not sure what goes into the whole process of it though.

I know this a popular feature that many people want.  Unfortunately, this forum software doesn't have that option.   Hopefully in a future update dark mode will become available. 

Just close your eyes and charge your battery. 

On 5/19/2020 at 2:58 PM, Webmaster said:

I know this a popular feature that many people want.  Unfortunately, this forum software doesn't have that option.   Hopefully in a future update dark mode will become available. 

It doesn't have the option for multiple color themes in general?

That's kinda odd in this day and age.

Honestly I googled Invision Community (they got a shoutout in the bottom of the page) and "dark theme" and a few (free!) options were available (like this and this). 

Not sure if they would work here tho.

A "dark theme" isn't really dark mode.   The theme needs to be manually adjusted by each member every time they want to change the background.   Without the automatic adjustment to lighting it really defeats the whole purpose of dark mode.      

40 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

A "dark theme" isn't really dark mode.   The theme needs to be manually adjusted by each member every time they want to change the background.   Without the automatic adjustment to lighting it really defeats the whole purpose of dark mode.      

Would you be willing to adjust the default theme every night around 8 pm, and then back to daylight theme at 7 am.

please advise.

14 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

we can manually get a dark theme on here? 

right now the only way is to hang upside down 

11 hours ago, N4L said:

right now the only way is to hang upside down 

which is actually the correct way to view my profile pic

On 5/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, N4L said:

Hi there @Webmaster thank you for doing all that you do

@pwny and I were talking a few weeks ago about some changes to the forum, mainly dark mode. 

I believe this is a necessary upgrade as it will greatly enhance user experience. The majority of other apps/forums out there are implementing a dark mode. It is better for battery life and for my eyes . It would be greatly appreciated if this simple feature could be implemented in a timely manner. 

please and thank you

I was just thinking about this for here a few days ago randomly. Would greatly help during the night. There has been an uptick in dark mode settings recently for other social platforms. Hopefully in the future this is a possibility here. 

Edited by PapaShogun

On 5/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, Webmaster said:

I would absolutely change my theme to dark theme full time if I could

I am fulltime dark mode on my phone, and every app that allows it

this would be an acceptable middle ground, how do I do it?

Please and thank you!