Sign in to follow this  
Shanedorf

2020 Green Bay Packers OL

I think what people forget about the Turner signing is that he was a swing Tackle. He came out of NDSU as a Tackle, got moved to Guard, then got kicked to Tackle in necessity and played pretty well allegedly. Then we signed him to essentially play RG and move out to Tackle if Bulaga went down, but because our depth at Guard was suspect last year, we signed Veldheer as insurance and that paid off.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think what people forget about the Turner signing is that he was a swing Tackle. He came out of NDSU as a Tackle, got moved to Guard, then got kicked to Tackle in necessity and played pretty well allegedly. Then we signed him to essentially play RG and move out to Tackle if Bulaga went down, but because our depth at Guard was suspect last year, we signed Veldheer as insurance and that paid off.

Not really, no. Anybody that plays well at Tackle stays at Tackle.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Forgot about this dude.

I remember liking him as an UDFA last year. Think he has a RAS of 9.8+.

His testing scores were nearly identical to Ezra Cleveland's.

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A Guard who can play Tackle if everything else is ****ed?

I mean....we came close to that at one point last year.

Let's put it this way - total hypothetical: Who would you rather have at RT, Turner or Light?

Again, we didn't draft any OT's but we did sign one in UDFA and have a few PS guys hanging around from last year FWIW. What does that evidence suggest to you?